Sky Sports' Cricket Today - Me No Like !

Thats only one player, its only played in posh schools I heard in England and in Ireland I don't know one person who watchs it, are team is made up of reject Aussie's and English who couldn't make their team, And im not saying Rounders is a bad game it just isn't a elite sport at all. Also ..

View attachment 86444
then you heard wrong, plently of schools that arent "posh" play it in england. just because you are ignorant of the facts doesnt mean its not what happens

Thats only one player, its only played in posh schools I heard in England and in Ireland I don't know one person who watchs it, are team is made up of reject Aussie's and English who couldn't make their team, And im not saying Rounders is a bad game it just isn't a elite sport at all. Also ..

View attachment 86444
Even though Englands most in form batsman played 23 ODI's for Ireland

View attachment 86444

While I agree with you about the schools comment ( I can't stand the Grammer Schools as cricket coach ) on a saturday morning in a village with a population of around 1000 we have over 150+ kids all playing cricket, we run teams for all ages and train all winter as well as summer. the village has a football and a rugby team in it. We get more kids then both of them put together and its because they see England on TV and the success and want to do it themselves.

I know more people that play cricket in the summer, than play football or rugby in the winter.

I have to admit that Cricket has alot more class than football, maybe that is why it doesn't appeal to you Burkie.

I know more people that play cricket in the summer, than play football or rugby in the winter.

I have to admit that Cricket has alot more class than football, maybe that is why it doesn't appeal to you Burkie.

it has alot more class and in fact I would go as far as saying it requires more skill as when you have a bowler letting a ball go at you at 100mph like Tait did for Australia you have no time at all really to react let alone play a proper shot and score runs of it. To bat in asia on a pitch that is turning sideways to bat for 2 days takes alot of skill with the world best spinners bowling at you in their backyard. To bowl at a batsmen that is hitting a ball out the ground, no matter where you bowl at them they hit it, to stop that and get them out requires skill. In football while I admire what they do and love the game of football and then end of the day that are kicking a ball and diving around like they have been hit by a lazer beam from mars.

Why you getting personal because I dont like cricket and gave my opinion on it

Why you getting personal because I dont like cricket and gave my opinion on it

I was just stating a fact of why you might not enjoy it. After slating off a sport in your last few posts, you need to be able to take it if your going to dish it out.

Thats only one player, its only played in posh schools I heard in England and in Ireland I don't know one person who watchs it, are team is made up of reject Aussie's and English who couldn't make their team, And im not saying Rounders is a bad game it just isn't a elite sport at all.

One player? Right. Paul Collingwood, Monty Panesar and Graham Onions? Ajmal Shahzad, Adil Rashid, Tim Bresnan? These are all members of the England cricket team, that didn't attend a public school, and those are merely taken off the top of my head.

As for it only being played in "posh schools", you're already so, so wrong. ALL schools play cricket mate. My outer london comprehensive played cricket. EVERY school plays cricket.

and in Ireland I don't know one person who watchs it, are team is made up of reject Aussie's and English who couldn't make their team

I would answer this. If I knew what you'd said, that is.

Ok sorry I dont watch Cricket I just thought thats what it was like

Ok sorry I dont watch Cricket I just thought thats what it was like

Stupidest thing I've heard, with the greatest of respect to you.

What you've just done is assumed, without knowing ANYTHING about cricket, and made a snap judgement. Then you defended your (patently wrong) assumption! Couldn't actually get any worse, could it?

Ah get your head out of your **** and go watch some cricket I say its on Sky sports now

Its a brilliant game to watch at times... to be able to even hit a ball hurtling towards you at 90MPH is 1 thing, to control where you hit it is another!!
To watch someone like Sachin Tendulkar (SP) in full swing, is incredable.
And ok it used to be very elitist, but in the last 20 years, cricket is moving away from public schools towards the lower and middle classes, and is a sport played by people of many standing in society.
My local cricket team, had the future Lord Vesty, who will inherit an estate worth millions, openning the batting with a 17 from a council estate in the town up the road...