SL Benfica - Breaking the Guttmann Curse

1604422484758.png

SEASON REVIEW

This is strange to say considering we won every single trophy available, won all but 2 of our league games with a record points haul and lost only 2 out of 61 matches in all but I think we have regressed. Our goals scored tally diminished significantly in the league and although you can say that that was down to Mbappe basically missing the 2nd half of the campaign and Ansu Fati also missing a load of games I still expected better.

Another reason why there was a lack of goals was the departure of Alex Grimaldo in the summer as he regularly got 10-15 assists from left back while Asier Lopez and Gonzalo Ramirez got only 7 between them.

Our defeat in the league came against Famalicao and as it seems to be it was my own player who I loaned out to them who scored the goals in Rogelio Imbesi. I let my players play against me as my school of thought is if they cant get in my team they arent good enough at the minute so we should be able to handle them but it has come back to haunt me a couple of times now.

In the domestic cups we edged out Sporting Lisbon in the Supertaca 1-0 and in the Allianz Cup we thumped them in the final 4-1 which was a season highlight but we were lucky to be in the final as Braga were only beaten on penalties in the semi. As for the Taca de Portugal it was nice and easy to the final where we came up against FC Porto and we managed to defeat them 1-0.

As for our continental exploits we beat Atletico Madrid in the European Super Cup but as ever my focus was on the Champions League and we won the cup for the 4th time in a row. We seem to play our best football in the Champions League and Kylian Mbappe and Ansu Fati especially starred as they were banging in the goals. We sailed through our group stage which included my beloved Athletic Bilbao before coming up against Spurs where we sneaked through thanks to an injury time goal from Ansu Fati.

Liverpool were up next in the quarter-finals and after losing 2-1 at Anfield we won 1-0 at home (Fati again) to go through in away goals and that set up a tie with Bayern Munich and we hammered them - 3-0 at home and 4-0 away - which was truly remarkable. Then in the final we faced Real Madrid. It was 0-0 after 90min although we had 2 goals disallowed and we fell behind in extra-time but goals from Fati and Mbappe gave us the victory and the cup.

My B team were excellent again and won the Liga PRO yet again. They only lost 2 league games all season and just like the first team they struggled for goals a bit.

--

LIGA NOS

table.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

Goalkeepers - Danilo Rita didnt get a game as Luis Cerqueira didnt get injured so he played all 61 matches and did well. Its a shame for Rita as he is a quality keeper but its a backup role for him.

Defenders - At left back I constantly switched between Goncalo Ramirez and my £82m summer signing, Asier Lopez, and both were decent enough with Ramirez just edging it. On the right there was no changes while in the middle the rocks at the back, Dias and Sebahattin Sahinoglu, were magnificent as ever. Strijbosch did well when called upon but Italo Reyes didnt get much chances to impress.

Midfielders
- No goals for Florentino Luis this season which was a disappointment but alongside him Ronaldo Camara was amazing. He scored 12 and got 10 MOM awards in 38 appearances which is better than a 1 in 4 record which is quite astonishing. Jonny Budinauckas and Joao Paulo were my backup CMs and they really impressed when called upon and Budinauckas even scored a hat-trick in one match.

On the LW Ansu Fati, signed in the summer for £140m, had a slow start, he then got injured but when he came back after Christmas he burst into form and ended up with a decent tally of 22 goals and 10 assists. His backup, Hugo Lasso, was also on form as he scored 8 goals but also assisted 15 goals!

On the RW I had major problems all season. Antony was terrible. He only got 9 goals which for a player of his capabilities is truly terrible and his backup, Victor Tsygankov was also poor although 3 goals and 7 assists from 9 starts is decent. Antony was so bad that I may even be in the market for a RW in the summer.

At AMC Joao Felix was also disappointing despite having 15 goals and 12 assists. About a dozen of his goals were penalties so I really need him to grab a few more goals in open play. He had 3 backups, Almada was quite poor, while Roige hardly got a chance and Salgado came in in January and made a couple of appearances.

Forwards - Kylian Mbappe was on fire at the start of the season and couldnt stop scoring but then he got injured just after Christmas and basically missed the 2nd half of the league season as he was either injured or rested. He did end up with 36 goals though despite missing a large chunk of the season. Goncalo Quintas had his first season with the first team squad and the reigning European Golden Boot holder was quite disappointing really. He did OK I suppose and netted 16 times but when he got a run in the side when Mbappe was injured he didnt really excel.

My Player of the Year - Ronaldo Camara
My Young Player of the Year - Joao Paulo
Must Do Better - Thiago Almada
Donkey of the Year - Antony

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have some decisions to make. Mainly at RW and up front. Will I stick with Antony on the RW or get another one and keep him as backup? With Zoran Petric returning from his loan spell I will have 3 top strikers so need to make a decision there too. I have no pre-conceived ideas although I have agreed to sell one player already and I will see what is out there in the market and maybe if I get more ridiculous offers for some of my players I may accept one.

I wouldnt mind us having a few more Portuguese players in my squad though as most of my players are foreign.​

1604429605502.png

PORTUGAL

UEFA Nations League Semi-Final
spain.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Vinhas, Ferro, Mendes, Luis (Neves), Camara*, B.Silva (Neto), Felix, Guedes, F.Silva (Leao)

We reach the final with this victory. Goncalo Guedes struck early on and Ronaldo Camara added a 2nd in injury time and we will face Germany in the final. We have been in the final twice before and lost so I am hoping to go one better

--

UEFA Nations League Final
germany.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares (Arruda), Vinhas, Ferro, Mendes (Vinagre), Luis, Camara, B.Silva*, Felix, Guedes, F.Silva (Leao)

WE WIN THE UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE!!!!

Now individually this isnt a huge thing but for me it was as I think that this means that my Portugal side are holders of the World Cup, European Championship and Nations League while my Benfica side are the holders of everything domestically, the Champions League, European Super Cup and the World Club Cup so my 2 sides are the holders of every available competition!!!!!

As for the match itself we fell behind early on but quickly levelled through Guedes and after that we were the better side and got our rewards in the 88th minute when we were awarded a penalty and Bernardo Silva tucked it away.

--

Friendly
japan.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Arruda*, Vinhas, Ferro, Mendes (Vinagre), Neves, Baro, Neto (B.Silva), Fernandes, Diogo Jota (Leao), F.Silva

Nice and easy. Arruda got his first goal for his country in a fine individual performance but overall my players did well all told.

1604734587391.png

PRE-SEASON POST

This summer was quite enjoyable as it was all about player recruitment and player sales and considering we spent £25.5m and recouped £325m you can see where my work was mainly focused! This is arguably the penultimate season in this save as I would like to complete 10 seasons before the new FM game comes out.

A few favourites have gone this summer so its time to say a fond farewell...........

--

PLAYERS OUT

Zoran Petric has left to join Guangzhou Evergrande for £59m (£65m). I rejected an offer of double that maybe 2 seasons ago but with him returning from loan I had to choose between himself or Quintas and I chose to keep Quintas as he is Portuguese. Petric played 131 games and scored 46 goals although he only started 66 times.

Victor Tsygankov is also gone. In 7 seasons he made 245 apps (111 starts, 134 as sub) and he scored 44 goals. The Ukrainian winger joined Chelsea for £40m and although he was never first choice he has been a great servant for us.

I sold £128m of players signed on pre-contracts and sold on immediately with one being Callum Hudson-Odoi.

South African forward Steven Sekotlong, who I brought in for £950,000 was amazingly sold to AC Milan for £40m! I loaned him out the last 2 years and he never played for me but he developed well and we have made a huge profit.

Alfonso Salas has also moved on. He only made 17 appearances for us but I loaned him out for £1m per season the last 2 years and he has joined Arsenal for £34m rising to £38m. I did pay £10.75m so it is still a significant profit.

Arpad Hegedus was sold to Standard Liege for £11.5m which means we made a £10m profit while all the other departures were youth players or B team players.

17 players have been loaned out for £1m each including Otani, Salgado, Imbesi (who rejected Juventus to rejoin Famalicao!), Roberio, Djoric and Reyes.

--

PLAYERS IN

Only one for the first team to show you. To replace the departing Victor Tsygankov I paid £19m to bring in 18y/o Mexican right winger Luis Roberto Castellanos. He is exceptionally quick and with a great first touch, crossing and dribbling ability he looks pretty good already but he can really develop into a world class player.
castellanos.png

All the other players brought in were prospects.

--

SQUAD

Its pretty much as you were with a couple of changes. Reyes has been loaned out so I have promoted Colombian centre back Leandro Leon to the squad. I bought him last summer for £1.9m and then I loaned him out last season but tbh he is good enough to play every week but unfortunately for him he will have to settle being 4th choice.
leon.png

I decided to promote King Oppong to the first team squad to cover the CM position as 5th choice. He has developed brilliantly and Barcelona were sniffing about so I decided to see what he can do.
oppong.png

Other than that it is as you were apart from my new right winger. I decided to give Antony another season to redeem himself after he had a shocker last term. I was seriously considering playing Mbappe on the RW and then I could keep Petric and Quintas as my strikers but I didnt have a clear favourite striker so everything stays the same lol.

View attachment 519031
Helder
1992-96 & 2002-04
Defender
229 apps, 16 goals

Helder was signed from Estoril and in his 1st spell he won 1 league title and 2 Portuguese Cups before he was sold to Deportivo La Coruna. He also had a loan spell with my beloved Newcastle United and he scored a goal against Sunderland before he returned to Benfica for a 2nd spell where he won another Portuguese Cup. He left after 2 seasons to join PSG. For Portugal he won 35 caps and scored 3 goals.

--

AUGUST

Supertaca
porto.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Ongoiba, DIas, Sebahattin Sahinoglu*, Ramirez (Lopez), Luis (Joao Paulo), Camara, Antony, Felix (Almada), Lasso, Fati

A nice win to claim the Supertaca. Fati scored the opener playing as a striker as both Mbappe and Quintas are injured although Joao Felix missed a penalty. They had a man sent-off before Antony sealed things with a 2nd goal.

--

famalicao.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Ongoiba, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez (Lopez), Luis, Camara, Antony*, Felix (Almada), Lasso (Marques), Fati

Antony is back!!!! After his horrible season last term he has started on fire with a goal in the Supertaca and now a hat-trick here - he even had a goal disallowed. Famalicao were the side to beat us in the league last season so its nice to thump them here.

--

UEFA European Super Cup
man utd.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Ongoiba (Tavares) (Roige), Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez, Luis, Camara, Antony (Lasso), Felix (Almada), Fati, Mbappe

Another trophy is won as we claim the European Super Cup on penalties. We took the lead when Camara thundered in an effort but they levelled a minute later. They then took the lead when Mejbri scored from 30 yards and that seemed to wake us up. We restored parity when Ruben Dias looped in a header and that was the end of the scoring. In the shoot-out Almada missed for us but they missed twice and we won 4-3 on penalties.

--

braga.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Ongoiba, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez, Luis, Camara*, Antony, Felix, Lasso, Fati (Nielsen)

Although the scoreline shows that it was a narrow victory we actually battered Braga here with over 30 shots on goal. Antony had another goal disallowed too.

--

boavista.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Ongoiba, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu*, Ramirez, Luis (Joao Paulo), Camara (Budinauckas), Antony, Felix, Fati, Mbappe (Lasso)

Kylian Mbappe made his 1st league appearance of the season here but he was unfit and it showed as he played poorly. We won comfortably though.

--

maritimo.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Ongoiba, Dias*, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez (Lopez), Luis, Camara, Antony, Felix (Almada), Fati (Lasso), Mbappe

Not a great performance but we got the win and thats the main thing.

--

setubal.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Ongoiba, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez (Lopez), Luis, Camara, Antony, Felix, Fati*, Mbappe (Quintas)

Very nice. Ansu Fati got a tremendous hat-trick while Goncalo Quintas came off the bench to score his first goal of the season.

--

SUMMARY

We have had an excellent start to the season as we picked up the 2 Super Cups and have won all of our league matches without even conceding a goal. To be honest I think we have won the league title already as FC Porto lost their first 3 league matches and Sporting Lisbon have also made a poor start to the season.

Antony has started the season on fire which is much needed after his horrible performances in last seasons campaign while Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ronaldo Camara and Ansu Fati have also been very impressive.

I made another addition to the first team squad on transfer deadline day. I wanted a 3rd choice striker and had a search and ended up paying £18.25m for a player who I have looked at for a few seasons now. Tbh I just love his name as it sounds like something else!
FURKAN.png

In the Champions League we have been given a decent draw......
1604824539187.png
1604824676621.png
1604824753323.png
1604824806976.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SEBAHATTIN SAHINOGLU
SAHINOGLU.png

--

LIGA NOS
AUG.png

1604826498108.png

Joaquim Fernandes
1945-54
Defender
227 apps, 1 goal

Fernandes spent 9 seasons with Benfica and he won 1 league title and 4 Portuguese Cups. His one goal for Benfica came in his last season for the club.

--

SEPTEMBER

santa.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Ongoiba (Tavares), Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez, Luis, Camara*, Antony (Castellanos), Felix, Fati, Mbappe (Quintas)

Another league game, another win and another clean sheet. All is good however Mbappe has started the last 4 league games and failed to score in all of them which is a worry.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
basel.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Tavares, Strijbosch, Leon, Ramirez, Joao Paulo, Budinauckas (Oppong), Castellanos, Almada (Roige), Lasso*, Quintas (Furkan Kendirciler)

I played my backups here and although they struggled to break through the Basel defence in the end they got 3 goals with Lasso netting a double. Leon, Oppong and Furkan Kendirciler made their debuts here.

--

chaves.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Ongoiba (Tavares), Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez, Luis*, Camara, Castellanos, Felix, Fati (Lasso), Mbappe

Kylian Mbappe got off the mark for the season here. That was about all that was memorable about this game.

--

Allianz Cup 3rd Phase Group B
vg.png

Lineup
- Cerquiera, Tavares, Strijbosch, Leon, Lopez, Joao Paulo, Budinauckas (Oppong), Castellanos, Almada (Roige), Lasso, Quintas (Furkan Kendirciler)

Not good enough. With this being the Allianz Cup I played my backups and for them to fail to win is not acceptable. Guimaraes actually had the best opportunities although admittedly we dominated the match.

--

pacos.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Ongoiba, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez (Lopez), Luis (Budinauckas), Camara*, Antony (Quintas), Felix, Fati, Mbappe

FFS!!!! There goes the chances of us having a 100% league campaign but at least we didnt get beat! They had 2 shots all match and scored them both while we battered them but could only score twice. We played the last 20min with 10 men as Ongoiba went off injured and unfortunately he will be out for 3 months.

--

lyon.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Tavares, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez (Lopez), Luis (Budinauckas), Camara*, Antony, Felix (Almada), Fati, Mbappe

A very impressive result and performance with Ronaldo Camara yet again being the star of the show. He now has 6 goals alongside Fati and Antony while Mbappe just has 2 so far.

--

SUMMARY

This month was quite disappointing as we had 2 very poor results. Firstly my backups could only draw against Vitoria Guimaraes in the Allianz Cup and then we promptly went and drew 2-2 with Pacos de Ferreira in the league. We can afford a few slip ups in the league as we already have a healthy lead but I must admit that I was hoping to have a perfect league campaign with 34 wins out of 34.

In the Champions League we have started with 2 wins from 2 so thats all good.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RONALDO CAMARA
CAMARA.png

--

LIGA NOS
sep.png

--

1604826646154.png

PORTUGAL

UEFA European Championship Qualifiers Group C
ireland.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Dias, Vinhas, Mendes (Vinagre), Luis (Neves), Camara*, B.Silva, Felix, Guedes, F.Silva (Leao)

A standard victory over the Republic of Ireland. Camara got the pick of the goals while they had a 2nd half effort chalked off for offside.

--

ukraine.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Arruda, Quaresma, Leite, Mendes, Luis, Neves (Baro), Neto, Fernandes, Diogo Jota, F.Silva*

We go top of the group with this win. I had to rest several of my players but the lads that came in did a fine job.

1605038152952.png

Paulo Madeira
1989-95 & 1997-2002
Defender
225 apps, 7 goals

Paulo Madeira is a weird one. He made many appearances yet didnt win many trophies. His spell was split between 2 years at Belenenses but upon his return he only played regularly for a little while before being demoted to the reserves. For Portugal he won 25 caps and won 3 goals.

--

AUGUST

Allianz Cup 3rd Phase Group B
braga.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares (Caetano), Strijbosch, Leon, Lopez, Joao Paulo, Budinauckas, Castellanos, Almada (Roige), Lasso*, Quintas (Furkan Kendirciler)

A huge win and a huge performance from my backups. This was a must win match and win we did as we put 3 past Braga. Furkan Kendirciler got his first goal for the club while Caetano made his debut.

--

Taca de Portugal 3rd Round

braganca.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Strijbosch, Leon, Lopez, Joao Paulo (Oppiong), Budinauckas*, Castellanos, Almada (Roige), Lasso, Quintas (Furkan Kendirciler)

We came up against lower league minnows but were shocked into action when we fell behind to a shock goal. We regrouped though and won fairly easily in the end with Budinauckas starring with 2 goals and King Oppiong netting for the first time.

--

inter.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Lopez (Ramirez), Luis, Camara, Antony*, Felix, Fati, Mbappe (Quintas)

We take control of the group with this win but it wasnt plain sailing despite them having Romelu Lukaku sent off in the first minute. We somehow fell behind but immediately equalised and in the 2nd half it was one way traffic and we should have won by more.

--

aves.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Lopez (Ramirez), Luis (Budinauckas), Camara, Antony*, Felix, Fati (Lasso), Mbappe

A standard win but I would have liked - nee expected - more goals. I am beginning to find it perplexing how we are not battering teams in Portugal any more. Maybe I should start with a very attacking mentality?

--

vilafranquense.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Dias, Sebahattin Sahinoglu*, Lopez (Ramirez), Luis, Camara, Antony, Felix (Almada), Fati, Mbappe

Another game where we should have scored much more - especially since they had a man sent-off midway through the 2nd half. Sebahattin Sahinoglu netted yet again and now has 4 for the season which I think is his best tally so far.

--

porto.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Dias (Strijbosch), Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez, Luis, Camara, Antony (Quintas), Felix (Almada), Fati, Mbappe

Meh. I will take a draw as in truth FC Porto were marginally better but considering they have had a nightmare start to the season I am pretty annoyed that we didnt manage to win. To make matters worse Ruben Dias suffered an injury and is out for a month but the international break will take a chunk out of that.

--

SUMMARY

We kicked off this match with 3 cup games and they were all won with the win over Braga in the Allianz Cup being particularly pleasing. In the league we strolled through 2 games before drawing away to FC Porto. We are sitting pretty and looking good but I am worried as we just arent hitting the heights that I know my players are capable of. Mbappe has been very poor as has Felix while Fati has been inconsistent but just gets a pass mark. I really would like to see us go on fire for a month or two!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANTONY
ANTONY.png

--

LIGA NOS
OCT.png

--

1605042413242.png

PORTUGAL

luxembourg.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Dias, Ferro, Mendes, Luis, Camara, B.Silva, Felix, Guedes*, F.Silva

Remarkably despite winning 9-0 I am pretty ****** off as to score 8 in the first half we didnt try a leg in the 2nd half and only managed one goal in the 2nd half. We actually had 2 goals disallowed in the 1st half and both were from Guedes so he could have ended up with 6 goals!!! Luis Cerqueira won his 50th cap here.

--

malta.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Dias, Ferro (Quaresma), Mendes (Vinagre), Luis (Neves), Camara, Neto, Felix*, Diogo Jota, Leao

Another comfortable victory as we put 5 past Malta. Qualification is all but guaranteed now and we are now unbeaten in 33 and have won our last 26!!!!!

1605199149475.png

Jose Luis
1976-87
Midfielder
224 apps, 21 goals

Jose Luis spent 11 years with Benfica before moving to Maritimo. He had 2 seasons where he was a regular but after that he was mainly used as a backup player. He won 5 league titles and 6 Portuguese Cups while at the club and for Portugal he won 4 caps and scored 1 goal.

--

NOVEMBER

1-0.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Strijbosch, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez, Luis, Camara*, Antony, Felix, Fati (Lasso), Mbappe (Quintas)

This win secures our qualification from the group and its 4 wins out of 4 thanks to Ronaldo Camara's goal.

--

guimaraes.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Caetano, Strijbosch, Sebahattin Sahinoglu (Leon), Ramirez, Luis, Budinauckas (Joao Paulo), Antony, Felix, Fati*, Mbappe

Caetano and Leon made their league debuts here as we get back to winning ways in the league. Fati got a double and Felix scored direct from a free-kick but Mbappe was hopeless again. Surely he wont get the World Player of the Year this year. Vitoria Guimaraes sacked their manager after this game.

--

Taca de Portugal 4th Round
torreense.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Tavares, Strijbosch, Leon, Lopez, Joao Paulo (Oppong), Budinauckas, Castellanos, Almada (Roige), Lasso*, Quintas (Furkan Kendirciler)

Not a thrashing as I would have liked but a comfortable 3 goal victory with Castellanos getting his 1st goal for the club.

--

basel.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Caetano, Strijbosch, Leon, Lopez (Ramirez), Joao Paulo, Oppong*, Castellanos, Almada (Roige), Lasso, Quintas (Furkan Kendirciler)

With us already secured qualification it gave me a chance to field my backups here and despite having nearly 30 shots on goal we failed to score. The lack of goals this season is seriously ******* me off and it has to stop! It really is getting embarrassing now.

--

belenenses.png

Lineup - Cerqueira, Tavares, Strijbosch, Sebahattin Sahinoglu, Ramirez, Luis, Camara, Antony, Felix, Fati*, Mbappe

Thats much better!!!! I decided before the match to change our mentality from attacking to very attacking and it seems to have made a big difference compared to our recent performances. Fati struck an excellent hat-trick while Mbappe got just his 5th of the season.

--

SUMMARY

A month where we went unbeaten and didnt concede a goal is always a good month however the 0-0 home draw against Basel was the straw that broke the camels back regarding our relative lack of goals so I made a slight tactical change with a different mindset and we duly thumped Os Belenenses 6-0. Hopefully that solves that!!!!

We end the month with an 8pt lead which this early in the season is quite impressive but that is mainly down to FC Porto and Sporting Lisbon's failures earlier in the season.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANSU FATI
FATI.png

--

LIGA NOS
nov.png

--

1605199027032.png

PORTUGAL

ireland.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Tavares, Quaresma, Ferro, Mendes, Luis, Camara, B.Silva* (Seakins), Felix (Fernandes), Guedes (Diogo Jota), F.Silva

I am very angry with this result as to draw at home against the Republic of Ireland having won our last 26 games is just unacceptable.

--

ukraine.png

Lineup
- Cerqueira, Tavares, Quaresma, Ferro, Mendes, Neves, Camara, Seakins (Conceicao), Felix (Fernandes), Guedes (Diogo Jota), F.Silva

Another disappointing result but at least we didnt lose as that would see us lose top spot but we end the group on top. Francisco Conceicao of FC Porto made his international debut here.

group c.png