Sleeping Giants of the South, Bristol City!

Lucianos

Reaction score
Hi!

My first time reporting a FM game, ive been playing for about 13 years so thought it was about time!
Just to make it clear I don't edit data, save and relo
ad and all those cheating tricks, football management is all about ups and downs i believe! Please leave feedback as to how im doing and how I can improve the post!

View attachment 314832On With the story...

Having recently had success with Sampdoria ive decided to come back closer to home with my closest local Championship club, Bristol City!

Short Term Targets
  • Establish a way of playing and winning football matches
  • Stay top half
Long Term targets
  • Get promoted!
  • Survive in the Premier league and look to Europe!
So taking a look at the squad its clear i need a few reinforcements if were going to stand a chance of getting out of this league...

Liam Fontaine, Cole Skuse and Sam Baldock look like my best players to work with (not saying much!)

View attachment 314828View attachment 314829View attachment 314830

Unfortunately moneys tight and i missed out on pretty much all the bargain targets due to not being able to offer much wages, first business of the day however was to get in cover in the middle, welcome Chuks Aneke on loan from arsenal :) I like the look of his potential, assistant manager Tony Docherty also rates him highly
View attachment 314837

Pre-Season went ok with Sam Baldock and Paul Anderson impressing, Goalkeepers Tom Heaton and Dean Gerken didn't fill me with confidence however so I tried signing Vito Mannone on loan, he wasn't interested sadly.
View attachment 314847

With Deadline day looming and just 1 signing on board I was getting anxious, thankfully my luck turned as I was pleased to unveil the season long loan signing of Swansea's Alan Tate
View attachment 314848
Its fair to say I was pretty pleased with this signing, Tate is a rock solid defender, he lack pace but he more than makes up for it with some awesome mental stats, experiance of this level and strong defensive stats!

Shortly after bringing in Tate I was able to announce another major signing for city in Vito Mannone on another season loan! I had finally got my keeper! It took some persuasion in his ear (Arsene Wenger publically criticized me for this) but he was in!

Capitol One First Round

0 Bristol v Torquay 1
gabilondo

Disaster strikes, a home match to Torquay and we never got going, plenty of possession but few chances. Torquay had a set piece and after a goal mouth scramble Gabilondo found the winner. Not the start I had in mind!
View attachment 314849

The Championship

0 Bristol v Notts Forest 0
0 Peterborough v Bristol 2
anderson
elliot
3 Bristol V Watford 1
Pitman 2 McGinn
almunia og

View attachment 314851

After a drab chance less game against forest we finally scored the first competitive goals of my reign thanks to Paul Anderson and Marvin Elliott!
The Watford match was the old cliche 'game of two halves'! Zolas men pummeled us for 60 minutes until Pitman fell over in the area for a very dubious penalty! Thankfully he put it in at the second attempt and Watfords confidence was shattered! Another Pitman tap in and a calamitous own goal from former Arsenal man Almunia gave us the win, Stephen McGinn got a late consolation.

Transfer Deadline Day

Ah the old favorite deadline day. Coming into the madness we needed more players, thankfully begging the board for a bit more money worked and they upped by wage bill, not by much though.
I was able to bring Gladbach youngster Lukas Rupp on a season long loan! Bit of a gamble but I like his attacking stats and hes the only natural AMC now at the club.
View attachment 314860

As the hours ticked down it looked as if that was that, but suddenly Jamie Mackie was made available, JAMIE MACKIE! Delighted to sign him on a years loan, maybe it was connections to the south with Exeter and Plymouth as his former clubs but Jamie chose Bristol over a load of 'bigger' championship clubs. Ive always admired Mackies hard work and never say die attitude and he could well be the difference between getting promoted and staying the division!
View attachment 314861View attachment 314863

August Summary

Overall a good start, i was disappointed to be dumped out the cup to minnows Torquay but unbeaten in the league was a good trade off! I would of liked to sign a few extra players but a few work permits didnt come through and the likes of Rudi Skacel chose else where. Signing 3 established premier league stars however was a fantastic bit of buisness, they could make the difference!
I hope you liked my first post, check back for weekly (i hope) updates. Please check out a little website im involved in with a few friends for all your gaming news and reviews!

Apologies if theres a few spelling and grammar errors, trying to bang this out reasonably quick so I can get back to playing! Also let me know if the layout sucks - my first time :p

http://www.facebook.com/SetInStoneGaming
Set In Stone Gaming

Bristol City Story Part 2!

Part 2 - Bristol City StoryView attachment 316710

September

After a strong end to August it was time to get going with a busy schedule!

5 Bristol v Burnley 2
mackie 3 stanislas
woolford 2 wallace

Jamie Mackie explodes onto the scene! a fantastic performance from city saw new signing mackie score inside 40 seconds, martin woolford also had a storming match as we twice responded to burnleys equalizers and then accelerated away for a great win
View attachment 316716

1 Crystal Palace v Bristol 2
garvan anderson
elliott

Another good away performance, Paul Anderson and Marvin Elliott both scoring 3 minutes apart after Owen Garvan scored an early goal for promotion contenders Palace.

1 Barnsley v Bristol 3
davies mackie
skuse
anderson

Barnsley weren't a match for us in this game, 3 first half goals put the game to bed early.

1 Bristol v Charlton Athletic 1
anderson kermorgant

A third strike in a row for on fire winger Paul Anderson wasn't enough to secure the 3 points, charlton came back and could have stolen the match.

1 Leeds v Bristol 6
green mackie
elliott 2
woolford 2
baldock

The big match! Going away to a place like Elland Road was never going to be easy but the Robins triumphed somewhat to everyone's surprise. Leeds had more shots and possession than us but it was all for nothing as we took our chances with ease. Jamie Mackie got the game going inside 5 minutes with a header and Martin Woolford and Marvin Elliott both bagged a brace, Elliott also earning a man of the match award for his all action display. I was also pleased to see Sam Baldock come off the bench to get in on the act, its not been easy for Baldock with Mackie taking his place but he gave me something to think about in this game.

View attachment 316721

View attachment 316712

Month Summary

What a month, winning all games but one was more than I could of hoped for. Jamie Mackie, Alan Tate and Vito Mannone all showing their Premiership class but I was most impressed with hard working midfielder Marvin Elliott and Wingers Martin Woolford and Paul Anderson, here's what the Football League had to say about it!
View attachment 316722View attachment 316723View attachment 316724 View attachment 316725

My Player of the Month - Marvin Elliott
View attachment 316726 Cant really argue with this one, Elliott has been sensational in the heart of the midfield, remdinds me of Chelsea's Ramires...not quite as good though !
Apps 5
Goals 3
Assists 3
Average rating 8.40

October

So after rising to the top of the Championship could we keep it up??

1 Birmingham v Bristol 2
king anderson
aneke

Another away win! This was a tough game though, we were fortunate that Marlon King and Nikola Zigic left there shooting boots at home as the defense was pummeled for 70 minutes. a few changes later however and Paul Anderson tapped in an equalizer from a Woolford cross and Chuks Aneke got the winner and his first goal for Bristol late on.

0 Bristol v Brighton 2
mckenna
dobbie

Clearly all the recent success went to the players heads as we looked casual and sloppy in this top of the table clash. I brought in Jody Morris and Stephen Pearson to give Elliott and Woolford a rest and the replacements didn't seize the chance. I cant be too harsh on individuals though as this was an all round disappointing display from the Robins.

New Signing!

Promising Left back Greg Cunningham picked up a knock that would keep him out injured for a month so I acted quickly to sign cover - 38 year old veteran Hermann Hreidarsson joins Bristol City till the end of the season. Hermann might be ancient but hes still in good shape and knows this division as well as anyone. He will need a few reserve games to get match fit so Lewin Nyatanga will start as a make shift Lb.

View attachment 316735View attachment 316734

2 Blackpool v Bristol 3
crainey mackie 2
ameobi rupp

A winner in injury time for creative midfielder Lucas Rupp gave us a fantastic win at Bloomfield Road. Jamie Mackie did the buisness at the right end leaving me wondering why we cant seem to keep a clean sheet! Opportunities have been few for the young Rupp so i was glad to see him make an impact with this late cameo.

2 Derby v Bristol 3
hendrick fontaine
sammon pitman 2

Another 2-3 away thriller! Things looked bad early on as influential winger Paul Anderson was stretchered off after 10 minutes, Derby quickly seized advantage with 2 quick goals and looked like more would follow. Liam Fontaine scored an unlikely header from a rare corner and the comeback was on! I changed the shape of the team at half time and Brett Pitman in his first appearance since a hernia scored twice to steal another victory.
View attachment 316731

Chuks Aneke's 3 month loan period sadly came to an end, I was hoping to extend it but the option wasn't available. overall Chuks performed well and I would gladly take him back when I can.
View attachment 316736

0 Bristol v Bolton 2
ngog
davies

Another poor home display left me frustrated. We had chances to score but didnt take them and Bolton's former Premiership players made us pay. After the game I had a word with Vito Mannone as its disapointing hes only managed 1 clean sheet so far and dropped a few clangers!

View attachment 316740

Month Summary

We had to lose eventually but im disappointed that our home form has been so poor. Losing Cunningham and Anderson to injury wasnt great but the 2 - 3 away wins certainly were riveting! Second in the league is also a great achievement for the boys.

My Player of the Month - Liam Fontaine

View attachment 316737 Certainly not as clear cut as last months but Liam has shown real strength and impressed alongside Alan Tate.

Appearances -5
Goals - 1
Assists - 0
Average rating - 7.20

View attachment 316739View attachment 316738

Apologies if theres a few spelling and grammar errors, trying to bang this out reasonably quick so I can get back to playing! Also let me know if the layout sucks - my first time
tongue.gif

Set In Stone Gaming

Good start mate, a Bristol lad myself so will definitely be following! :)

cheers mate, will have another update in the next few days with tactics etc

Runners up of the old first division in 1906! But seriously I mean more in the area of country of sense. We don't have any 'BIG' clubs in the south west and Bristol have always had the potential to break that.

Really good start mate, will defo be following this one!

Part 3 - Bristol City StoryView attachment 319450

My Tactics

So Far I've mainly used a 451 formation

.View attachment 319449

I have my wing backs set to support and holding up the ball to create space for the wingers.
Both of the centre backs are set to limited defenders, Liam Fontaine uses his pace as cover and Alan Tate is set to defend.

I have 3 Midfielders to try and control the possession, Neil Kilkenny often plays in the advanced playmaker role and Cole Skuse and Marvin Elliott can both fulfill the ball winning and box to box midfielder roles.

First thing I noticed when taking charge of Bristol was that we have a number of wingers, Martin Woolford and Paul Anderson have been my chosen pair and they both play wide looking to support the striker. So far they have provided a number of assists and goals so im pleased that worked out. I often set my play to balls down the wing and use the 'exploit flanks' shout.

Finally I make use of Jamie Mackies athleticism as a defensive forward, he runs down lost causes, pressures the defense and can come back into the midfield and help out. If Jamie's not playing then i often set the striker to poacher or advanced forward.

I have all my midfield and strikers set to making runs off the ball often to attempt to create space.

I also push one of the midfielders up as an AMC occasionally and sometimes use a basic 442 when selection forces an extra striker.

November

Sitting in second, can we kick on?

First order of business was to make a new signing in Kemy Agustien to boost the midfield. Kemy arrives on a 3 month loan deal from Swansea.

2 Bristol v Wolves 2
woolford siguardson
skuse aranguiz

A tough game, we went ahead early thanks to Martin Woolford but then fell apart and had to wait for an injury time equaliser from captain Cole Skuse, relief!

1 Hull v Bristol 1
fryatt elliott

Another draw and another early start from Bristol but our failure to build on a third minute strike from marvin elliott almost moved catastrophic as wolves dominated and should of won the match

0 Blackburn v Bristol 2
davies
lowe og

In the big top of the table clash we managed to emerge victors! I moved Jamie Mackie to wing and brought in Steven Davies and it proved to be the right call as mackie squared from a wide position to set up the former Derby man for his first goal of the season. Mackie then pressured a high ball and Jason Lowe headed in over Paul Robinson for an own goal. Some backs to the defending gave us the vital win.
View attachment 319447View attachment 319448

1 Bristol v Millwall 1
elliott keogh

A game we really should of won, millwall had a player sent off early in the second half but despite having 4 clear cut chances we had to rely on a late Marvin Elliott header to save the day again!

2 Bristol v Sheffield Wednesday 1
woolford taylor
mackie

Leaving it late again, story of our recent fixtures! The game looked like it was going to finish 1-1 after a largely uneventful match but substitute Lucas Rupp provided the cross for Woolford to nod home late on!

Some bad news for Bristol, losing two key midfielders to international duty for a few games, good that players are doing well enough to called up but not helpful at this key point in the season! Looks like I might have to switch back to 442.

View attachment 319446

2 Ipswich v Bristol 1
martin mackie
scotland

Ipswich peppered the goal with 21 shots to our 5 but we still managed to create 4 clear cut chances, unfortunately Scott Loach was in spectacular form in goal for Ipswich.

View attachment 319445

Month Summary

A decent month, I would of liked to of turned a few of those draws into wins but the away win at top side Blackurn was massive.

My Player of the Month - Neil Kilkenny

A great month from Kilkenny, his passing and vision helped us to break down some defenses, we will miss him for the next few games on international duty with Australia.
View attachment 319444
Appearances - 6
Goals - 0
Assists - 2
Average Rating - 7.60

December

Into the festive period, missing players with to injury and international duty, its gonna be tough!!

0 Huddersfield v Bristol 0

An absolute bore draw, we did have to make a number of changes though so im not to dissapointed.

1 Bristol v Middlesbrough 0
wilson

An injury time free kick from wing back Mark Wilson gave us a much needed win. Clint Hill got sent off for boro and we piled on the pressure but a Jonathon Woodgate marshaled defense kept us out till the magnificent free kick from Wilson. Sadly in his second game back from injury striker Sam Baldock pulled his hamstring again, another month out.

0 Leicester v
Bristol 2
davies 2

Back to back clean sheets for the first time! A very satisfying win as we kept with a 442 formation and Steven Davies benefited from Jamie Mackies support scoring twice.

1 Cardiff v
Bristol 0
bellamy

The 442 certainly didn't work here, Craig Bellamy tore us apart and the result could of been a lot worse if it wasn't for Vito Mannone and Alan Tate's defensive efforts.

4 Bristol v Peterborough 4
mackie tomlin
skuse barnett 2
mccann og mccann
anderson

What a game!! from losing 2-0 to winning 4-2 it was a managers and fans nightmare but a neutrals dream!
We should of guarded the 4-2 the game was so open that anything could of happened, I was pleased to bring on influential winger Paul Anderson and see him score after a lengthy injury lay off.
View attachment 319443

0 Nottingham Forest v
Bristol 2
davies
mackie

Another great defensive display, we fully deserved the clean sheet and win as we controlled the play and gave Forest nothing.

1 Watford v
Bristol 1
fanchone
mackie

Marvin Elliott put in another man of the match display in a tight away match to watford.

View attachment 319442

Month Summary

We finished December, possibly the toughest month of the season with 3 wins 2 drawers and 1 loss, top of the league. gotta be pleased with that!
View attachment 319441

My Player of the Month - Jamie Mackie

View attachment 319440
Some vital goals from jamie, he also showed his versatility in playing on the right wing. He certainly has proved his quality at this level and been a key signing for me.

Appearances - 6
Goals - 3
Assists - 2
Average rating - 7.35

So with the transfer window looming I will be looking to offload some fringe players that had failed to impress, hopefully I can also bring some bodies in to strengthen the squad and help our promotion bid!
Check back soon for more!

Apologies if theres a few spelling and grammar errors, trying to bang this out reasonably quick so I can get back to playing! Also let me know if the layout sucks - my first time
tongue.gif

Set In Stone Gaming

Last edited:
Going really well mate, keep it up. Would love to see City in the Prem! :)

In real life and virtual life, that would be awesome! thanks for the encouragement :)

Part 4

Part 4 - Bristol City Story View attachment 322040

January

So with 4 league games and potentially 2 cup games and the transfer window open can we continue to pick up the points and get some players in?

2 Bristol
v Crystal Palace 0
Tate
Mackie

An impressive performance against promotion rivals Palace

FA Cup 3rd Round

0 Colchester v Bristol 2
Stead
Pitman

I rested a number of key players for this one and thankfully it paid off
Jon Stead scored on his return after a 6month lay off. A cup run would be nice but
The league is very much our priority this season

2 Burnley v Bristol 1
Paterson 2 Foster

We were undone by the brilliant Martin Paterson in this game as Burnley
Dominated the game, I was disappointed that the players coming back after
The cup game didn’t do more.

2 Charlton v Bristol 3
Wilson Davies
Wright-Phillips Mackie
Anderson

Another Bristol drama special! Late goals from Anderson and Mackie
Saw us steal the points from Charlton, a great comeback after Burnley

New Signings!

Jamie Ness joined till the end of the season from Stoke. I really needed extra cover in the most important position for me as I tend to use 3 cm's which can be pretty demanding on my small squad. Jamie's young but has the quality to make an immediate impression.
View attachment 322039

My second body in is Estonian International Joel Lindpere. Joel signs on a free from the New York Red Bulls till the end of the season and provides experience and cover to the left midfield position, hopefully he can put in some decent balls for my strikers.
View attachment 322038

To get those players a few had to leave. Stephen Pearson, Dean Gerken and Brett Pitman were all allowed to leave, Pitman was the only player I had second thoughts about but his contract is up in the summer and despite getting a few goals for us earlier in the season I couldn't see him getting ahead of Mackie, Davies, Baldock or Stead.

1 Bristol v Barnsley 0
Anderson

Stoke loan star Jamie Ness made his debut and was promptly taken off injured!
Paul Anderson banged in his 7th of the season to give back to back wins.

FA Cup 4th Round

1 Middlesbrough v Bristol 0
Haroun

A number of changes made to keep the squad fresh including a start for new
Free transfer Joel Lindpere wasn’t enough to beat a strong Boro side. I wasn’t
Too disappointed as the squad is stretched enough as it is without the distractions
Of the FA cup, maybe next year!

View attachment 322037

New Signing!

A big welcome to Adam Le Fondre! What a great piece of business for The Robins, Adam wasn't playing much for Reading and he will be perfect competition for top scorer Jamie Mackie, I expect a few goals from this man!
View attachment 322034View attachment 322035
Month Summary

Not our best performances but we did enough to keep in touch at the top, I was pleased with the players we got in, if they can all play to their potential then we could be going up!

My Player of the Month - Lewin Nyatanga

Not an obvious choice but Lewin came in to play in all the games at both left back and center back and performed admirably.

View attachment 322033

Appearances - 6
Goals - 0
Assists - 0
Average Rating - 7.40

February

Only 4 games because of the international break but some big games against promotion contenders Birmingham and Blackpool means its a key point in the season.

0 Bristol v Birmingham 2 View attachment 322020
Lovenkrands
Zigic

A must win game against our closest rivals in the league, Birmingham were just 2 points
Behind us but we blew it and were unable to keep out Birmingham’s strong strike force.
Adam Le Fondre started his first game for the club but failed to get any good service.

3 Bristol v Leeds 3
Kilkenny Gomes 2
Le Fondre Pugh
Tate

Another silly game that we through away, looking comfortable 2-0 up with 10 minutes
to go veteran Portugal Star Nuno Gomes showed his quality and helped Leeds get 3 goals from
Nothing, thankfully after 5 minutes of added time inspirational defender Alan Tate headed in! Phew!

2 Bristol v Blackpool 0
Mackie
Skuse

A vital game to win after 3 poor performances we needed a result and got one with captain
Cole Skuse putting in a man of the match performance.

0 Brighton v Bristol 0

A close game if slightly dull but Brighton are a good side and I was happy to earn a point and
Hopefully start another unbeaten streak going.

View attachment 322030

Month Summary

Doh! Losing to Birmingham wasn't part of the plan, but the Blackpool game made up for it! Crazy times against Leeds as well, we really should of won that!

View attachment 322028

My Player of the month - Alan Tate

Alan has probably been my most consistent player of the campaign, odds on favorite to be player of the season too surely!
His last second against Leeds was huge.
View attachment 322027

Appearances - 4
Goals - 1
Assists - 0
Average Rating - 7.48

March

More big fixtures against the top teams, time for my new players to prove themselves!

5 Bolton v Bristol 0
K Davies 2
Ngog 3

This always going to be tough, a crazy upcoming fixture list meant I had to ring the changes and work around a few injuries but a 5-0 thumping was not what I was expecting. To be honest it could have been far more as Alan Tate had a rare bad match struggling to live with David Ngog’s pace.

New Signing!

View attachment 322018

A big welcome to Wolves midfielder David Edwards to joins to the end of the season. After seeing us completely outplayed at Bolton and lacking players I made my final signing in Edwards. He wont be available till after the Wolves game but I'm over the moon and quite surprised that we managed to tempt him to Bristol!

2 Wolves v Bristol 0
Sigurdarson
Aranguiz

Another thumping but this time it was only 2 goals. I say a thumping because Wolves should have scored far more, we barely got going, a poor performance all round.

4 Bristol
v Derby 1 View attachment 322025
Anderson Ward
Le Fondre
Woolford
Baldock

I held a team meeting before the game to rally the players after some below par displays and it worked a
Treat. Hard working midfielder David Edwards on loan from wolves started and Le Fondre came in for Mackie and both had a storming game

2 Bristol v Hull 0
Mackie
Anderson

A third win on the bounce, and a routine win against an average Hull side!

1 Mill wall v Bristol 4
Keogh Skuse
Edwards
Kilkenny
Mackie

Another great win for City as we edge closer to the hushed P word…

View attachment 322024

Month Summary

What a stinker of a start! To be honest i had to play a 442 with unfit midfielders because of injury and fixture congestion and we got dominated in both of those games. Thankfully some of the old Sir Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment woke up the lads and we won the next 3 with style

My Player of the month - David Edwards

He might have only played in 3 of the fixtures but the presence he brought in midfield was huge. Couldn't believe Wolves were happy for me to borrow him!
View attachment 322022
Appearences 3
Goals 1
Assists 0
Average Rating 7.30

April Preview!

I had to play the next game, it was against second placed Blackburn Rovers, pre season favorites for promotion yet quite against all expectations that place is occcupied by Bristol City!!!

2 Bristol v Blackburn 1
Le Fondre 2 Rochina

As the old saying goes ' you get what you pay for' and thankfully Adam Le Fondre proved his quality in the biggest match of the season, 2 beautiful finishes past Robinson and another great defensive performance gave The Robins the most important win of the season, Ruben Rochina scored a late consolation but the night belonged to us!

Ok so now I have just 5 games left, all winnable too but im taking nothing for granted at this stage in the season. If we can get promoted it will be one of my best achievements in this division ever!

View attachment 322019View attachment 322031View attachment 322021

tongue.gif

Set In Stone Gaming

Last edited:
Part 5! PROMOTION!

Part 5 - Bristol City Story View attachment 328705

Sorry its taken a while for me to update this, I actually finished the season a few weeks ago but due to time, patience and my internet being rubbish i haven't reported the frankly remarkable end of season events!

April

on with the games...

2 Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol 3
Madine Le Fondre 2
McCabe Fontaine

Adam Le Fondre was once again in fine form as we overcame a determined
Owls side.

2 Bristol v Ipswich 2
Kilkenny Murphy
Davies Emmanuel-Thomas

View attachment 328707

A match we threw away, after going 2-0 up I brought on some less used
Squad players to save the legs and the new boys failed to impress. Ipswich had
To wait to the 85 and 90 minute to equalise but they deserved it

2 Huddersfield v Bristol 1
Novak Kilkenny
Henry

Neil Kilkenny was on form once again picking up a man of the match award but that
Wasn’t enough as we went down to hard working Huddersfield. Particularly disappointing
As they had little to play for in mid table.

1 Middlesbrough v Bristol 2
Friend Le Fondre
Skuse
View attachment 328709

Another away win for Bristol meant we clinched Automatic Promotion! Blackburn in third
Stuttered and Adam Le Fondre once again found the net in style to send us up!

2 Bristol v Leicester 1
Mackie James
Edwards

On the pitch we did the job needed with Leicester scoring a late consolation goal after
Never really being in the game, in the other big game Wolves drew which made us champions,
Unbelievable!

May

1 Bristol v Cardiff 4
Skuse Mutch 2
Velikonja 2

Clearly the players had been out partying too long as we were blown away by Cardiff!
The Welsh side needed a win to guarantee getting in the play offs so the momentum was
Definitely with them, who cares to be honest, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

Unbelievable, I never expected to get promoted never mind winning the division! My high tempo and pressing game served well with the players available and the loan signings really made a huge difference. My closest rivals kept slipping up and the high determination and mental attributes of players like Alan Tate and Marvin Elliott kept us on track throughout the whole season.

View attachment 328712View attachment 328713

Season Review

View attachment 328714

Final Table

View attachment 328716

Championship team of the year, fans player of the year, Best 11 and final season stats.

View attachment 328720View attachment 328719View attachment 328718View attachment 328717

Despite our success we didnt even have a player in the starting 11 of the team of the year!
Alan Tate won fans player of the year and its an award i would have to agree with, Tate's performances
have made him a legend with the fans and next season I will be looking to resign him in any way possible!
Jamie Mackie finished top scorer with 18 and Neil Kilkenny finished with 12 assists.
Adam Le Fondre and David Edwards came in late and proved to be crucial in pipping Wolves to the title
by 1 point!

With players set to leave following the expiration of their contracts and loans coming to an end we will need to heavily reinforce the side to have any chance of staying above water in the Premier League....

A new season beckons.....

The squad has had to undergo some dramatic changes to be competitive and a total of 21 players came in with 19 leaving. I was given around 15m to reinforce the squad, here are some of the potentially most important signings made for the new season.

The Signings...

I wont go through every one as there was so many we will be here all day! But here's the list and profiles of some potentially key players...

View attachment 328732View attachment 328722View attachment 328725View attachment 328727View attachment 328728View attachment 328729View attachment 328730View attachment 328731

View attachment 328733

Transfers in Summary

The big money was spent on Tom Ince and Oskar Hiljemark, having sold or released most of my left sided players I wanted someone exciting with potential to be great on the left so in came Ince for a club record. I was delighted in getting genuine quality in Hiljemark from genk for a bargain price as well, hopefully he can provide the quality in the middle that the squad was lacking. In goal Jung Sung-Ryong signed on for 3m, bit of a gamble this one but hes got good stats capped over 50 times for South Korea and should help sell Bristol City in asia, spanish keeper Casto joined as his backup. Alan Tate was a top priority and even though i payed a little more than i would of liked im happy that our player of the season last time has signed permanently. Wing backs Joan Oriol and Neil Eardley provide good competition for Wilson and Cunningham and I was pleased to pick up Michael Keane for so little from Man Utd, he potentially could be a quality centre back in the future. Former Man City winger Vladimir Weiss joined from pescara for free, I signed him in my Sampdoria game and he turned out to be sensational, like a cheap inferior Leo Messi, Hopefully he can cut it in the PL. Top flight veterans Ivan Klasnic, David Jones and Matt Upson joined to give us some experience and Ryan Tunnicliffe and Davie Selke signed with the future in mind. To make up the squad i brought in some more loans, they were all fairly late signings so they didn't get to take part in many friendlies but hopfully the likes of Gamberini and Barreto can show their class over the course of the season, Kouma Babacar looks like a future star up front.

And Leaving....

Sadly I had to make some big calls and sell some of the players that got us up. I know this can backfire like QPR this season in the PL but the likes of Anderson, Woolford and Baldock just didn't convince me that they could make the grade, time will tell if it was the wrong decision or not!

View attachment 328735

Pre-Season Went reasonably well with Ivan Klasnic and Denis Staquarlursi banging in a few goals, bring on the season!

I plan to upload another part soon, but due to time I must cut it here for now....let me know what you make of the new signings and how's best to use them and just how to improve the story overall! Cheers!

tongue.gif

Set In Stone Gaming

Last edited: