Mulagar

Reaction score
My normal policy is to sub the player the moment they get slightly injured.

Past experience showed that many "slight injuries" actually resulted in long term injuries post-match even when they are subbed immediately.

That said I hardly ever let a player play out the full match when they get slightly injured early on.

Would that aggravate the injury ?
Will the player be effective if I let them play on the field or is it a last ditch effort that is done only when you cant sub them out ?

I do the same, so I would say you're doing the right thing. Don't have any empirical evidence to back it up, but otherwise what would be the point of slight injuries?

Check the player performance widget. It'll tell you whether a player can continue or is struggling. Use the condition as an indicator as well. If he only got knocked to 70%, it can't be too bad. If it's 35%, I'd sub.

I'd hazard a guess that there's always the chance of aggravating whatever he has. As everything, it's a judgement call. I had two players pick up knocks fairly early on in my most recent game. Both were able to play on and only dropped into the 60s initially. After a while it picked back up. Now, after the game, one has a dead leg and out for 5-7 days while the other player is fine.

Last edited:
It isn't backed up with any evidence but personally I would say that yes it could possibly aggravate the players injury, if not extend the period of time it would take to recover. Its the same as starting a player with low fitness and match fitness, they will be susceptible to injuries I would have thought.