So I just finished first season in mine Arsenal side, there were few insane results, in the end the loss from first half of season was the only league defeat and that one made us short of The Invincibles, but we set league record for pts and record for most wins in a single season, as for ECL that was even more amusing, after first knockout round and OL who were fairly good I got opportunity to try mine tactic vs Atletico, one of the best counter attacking teams in world, guess what, no counter can help ya vs Arsenal, after that Bayern were the ones to stand between us and Finals, I can't quite believe that I got opportunity to play vs a team who can easily switch between counter and possession play styles, still they can switch all they want, Arsenal got trough! Here comes the final game, Uefalona, the Messi and company of other divers take upon us, a side with least fouls in competition and highest goal count, now this is possession team vs a possession style influenced team, this is where mine BERGKAMP (Ozil) got a chance he never got in real life, he ravaged them, destroyed, humiliated, utterly routed them, ofc mine HENRY(Lacazette) was the other one who wrecked havoc, final scoreline 5:1 utter domination of tactical awareness vs dolphin divers....

View attachment 90733

As for standings in mine team, I can say I'm pretty satisfied, I had some bad luck in terms of Lacazette injuries and few injuries on Kosc, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis etc, but that's pretty standard stuff for Arsenal, o other hand mine Coentrao had 0 injury time, 0 ffs 0 for a fella who is like best buddy with medical teams aroun the world...
View attachment 90732View attachment 90731View attachment 90730

I can say Alexis played like hellhound he even almost got his Best player in EU award, tho he got his revenge for that:
View attachment 90729

Here are some game screenshots so you can see how we fared vs different opposition:
View attachment 90727View attachment 90723View attachment 90722View attachment 90721View attachment 90720
View attachment 90728View attachment 90726View attachment 90725View attachment 90724

As for tactic, I'm thinking of giving mine AMC 2 more player instructions, to be specific the dribble more one and more risky passes one.

I'm also considering changing team instructions and applying exploit right and left flank + work ball into box on both since it really put pressure onto opposition when I couldn't find a way trough, defences really stretch out from those 2 and it makes it easier for a good pass opportunity.

The final thought is switching role of mine BWM, he is doing really good, but I saw him being ridiculed few times by too much aggressiveness from his def play, I'm thinking of switching him to CD(D) with defensive duties since he was a major part in mine teams style of play in terms of possession recycling and he was always open for a pass when other options were locked, he did as Kante did this season in Chelsea, he was always around watching and receiving ball and laying it of to Ozil, Ramsey or WBs, he even passed to IFs when he saw that the are all alone, still I feel that BWM role is simply too aggressive and puts too much pressure on mine B2B if he misses his interception run.

That's it for first season at Arsenal, I'm continuing to play with mine side and I'm currently working on a 2-2-3-2-1 tactic, its basically 433 with WBs instead of FB and flat 3 in MC position and 2IFs and lone striker, I'm looking how to implement it to work since I know quite a lot of you want to use Tielemans in his MC spot hue hue.

If you have any questions or ideas feel free to post em here.

P.S. OP HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH A VIDEO FROM A GAME vs ATLETICO MADRID, I feel the best way to describe tactic is that video(except that in video Alexis misses :'()

Last edited:
Can I just say what an absolutely amazing opening post! Think I'll start a new save with someone tonight (open to suggestions but has to be in England)

Can I just say what an absolutely amazing opening post! Think I'll start a new save with someone tonight (open to suggestions but has to be in England)

Ah I see you are a man of culture as well hue hue

Jokes aside as for team, from what I have seen in this year FM and how the player abillityes are ranked I think Utd have best player in world for ta B2B role, Chelsea have amazing players for BWM IF ST and CB roles, Liverpool have allrounded squad, Arsenal are really good on all positions except right wing , Alli looks like a monster for B2B role and it would be amusing to see how Wanyama Alli Eriksen Kane Lamela combo works in this setup, as for weaker sides Watford with few signings and few loans looks like a good side for this sort of thing, Cherries and Soton aswell, Everton looks like they god most industrious mid out there, theamazing workrate and defensive capability in that rooster, tho they lack some squad depth on wings, as for Sky bet Fullham look like they can be good ofc you would need few signings for more def minded players, and on other hand Newcastle looks like a beast team among them, would be interesting to see how Crowes fare in chammpionship and then in EPL in second season, their squad potential and depth are really good for a championship team.

Few advices I would like to add are don;t be afraid to tell them to push higher up or go deeper to draw opposition out, can't help it when Milwall camp in their own 16m box, gotta drw em out, if you see wasted pasess use work ball into box and exploit wings if their movement is too "chaotic" you will see what I'm talking about once you start playing :)

Thats it, I look forward to results, even if they are bad :)

Last edited:
Ah I see you are a man of culture as well hue hue

Jokes aside as for team, from what I have seen in this year FM and how the player abillityes are ranked I think Utd have best player in world for ta B2B role, Chelsea have amazing players for BWM IF ST and CB roles, Liverpool have allrounded squad, Arsenal are really good on all positions except right wing , Alli looks like a monster for B2B role and it would be amusing to see how Wanyama Alli Eriksen Kane Lamela combo works in this setup, as for weaker sides Watford with few signings and few loans looks like a good side for this sort of thing, Cherries and Soton aswell, Everton looks like they god most industrious mid out there, theamazing workrate and defensive capability in that rooster, tho they lack some squad depth on wings, as for Sky bet Fullham look like they can be good ofc you would need few signings for more def minded players, and on other hand Newcastle looks like a beast team among them, would be interesting to see how Crowes fare in chammpionship and then in EPL in second season, their squad potential and depth are really good for a championship team.

Few advices I would like to add are don;t be afraid to tell them to push higher up or go deeper to draw opposition out, can't help it when Milwall camp in their own 16m box, gotta drw em out, if you see wasted pasess use work ball into box and exploit wings if their movement is too "chaotic" you will see what I'm talking about once you start playing :)

Thats it, I look forward to results, even if they are bad :)

OR you can always choose Leeds United.

OR you can always choose Leeds United.
Then you either be as good as Wilkinson or O'Leary, who knows maybe one day even surpass Don Revie :D

I totally forgot about Leeds to be completely honest, I'm still hyped about Steel city derby we gonna have next season and stil looking forward to seeing how Jokanovic fares in Fulham in next season, that said I overlooked Leeds xD

start using your tactics with manchester united on new save. need some advise from u. do i need to change any team instruction? or just follow the original?

start using your tactics with manchester united on new save. need some advise from u. do i need to change any team instruction? or just follow the original?

since Man Utd have a medicre defence I would advise to use Away version vs stronger opposition even at home, by that I mean vs CHE, TOT, ARS, MNC and Lilpool, as for rest yo can make use of your wingers by adding the exploir right and left wing and utilize Pogba to max with his arsenal of pasess and shots by ticking Work ball into box and watch out how Ibra plays his teamwork isn't exactly perfect for support forward role, watch him play and if needed change his role to CF(A) or AF(A), those 2 should get best out of him if he doesn't perform in CF(S)....

EDIT: Freaking emojis, the emojis are (_A_) meant for attacking role

Last edited:
since Man Utd have a medicre defence I would advise to use Away version vs stronger opposition even at home, by that I mean vs CHE, TOT, ARS, MNC and Lilpool, as for rest yo can make use of your wingers by adding the exploir right and left wing and utilize Pogba to max with his arsenal of pasess and shots by ticking Work ball into box and watch out how Ibra plays his teamwork isn't exactly perfect for support forward role, watch him play and if needed change his role to CF(A) or AF(A), those 2 should get best out of him if he doesn't perform in CF(S)....

EDIT: Freaking emojis, the emojis are (_A_) meant for attacking role

thanks for the advise. follow your advise tweak some change on team instruction. so far very good in attacking but almost every match have consider a goal. now me change the defender to CB(stopper) see how is going on the defender. anyway this tactics is very good. thanks very much

thanks for the advise. follow your advise tweak some change on team instruction. so far very good in attacking but almost every match have consider a goal. now me change the defender to CB(stopper) see how is going on the defender. anyway this tactics is very good. thanks very much

I forgot to mention, this tactic focuses on some sort of heavy gegen pressing, In late game 70-90min if your players are tired they will eventually stop being effective at chasing their markers around, a wise thing to do is replace B2B and BWM since they hold most of your ground, bring fresh faces in, other thing you can do is reduce defensive line add retain possession shout and remove pass into space one, those would be the things to do to keep lead without changing passing style or approach....

REPLY 2:

you can manual mark their error prone players with your IF and ST, just dont use left Winger to mark their LB that would offset you, but marking their RB with your left IF isa good way to counter attacking numbers, also striker can mark DMC or more creative MC, beware of mental stats on your defensive players, they run around whole game and they need that concetration workrate decisions anticipation combo :)

Both tactics have been updated, the update consists of minor tweaks of TI and few changes on PI and Player roles, the new version seems more stable and more defensively capable then the previous version...

Which tactic is similar to the Slix 2 from FM 16? I need to have big teams to the tactic take effect, because for what you're explained, we need strong players to work.

Sent from my T1-701u using Tapatalk