Reaction score
Hi, just wondering what type of systems people have and how well FM 2012 runs on them...

My game runs rather slow, and I get 2 Stars CPU Performance and 2 Stars Game Speed when selecting more than 2 countries.

I went to Canyourunit and it said I have more than passed the min requirements...

View attachment 226098

Any1 else have this prob? Or should I maybe rethink buying a PC from that guy again lol

I have 1.6ghz dual core processor and 1gb or RAM. Decent speed, I load 35000 players and it takes me 2 hours to pass 1 month.
Try to keep your PC clean. Buy Advanced Sys Care like I do and do some cleaning. Or you can even do cleaning without spending a $. Download CCleaner ( its freewere) and clean PC. Then you should defrag your PC. Close every unused program with task manager ( like torrents, music programs, etc etc). It will save some RAM for FM.

I get 0.5 stars load 35+ countries and about 50 leagues.

~140,000 players

4 gb ram, 4.0 ghz amd x4

it doesn't take too long; but I only play an hour a day and like to take my time as rushing through it means I screw up, and I don't have the time to screw up.

oh and compared to fm11 and fm10 with same league settings, FM12 is highly optimized and much faster loading.

View attachment 226125

so thats my laptop's specs, and its already 6 years old btw :p. still running on windows vista, and i can play fm12 easily. i dont load up so much databases, because it will make my game lag like crazy. XD

Last edited:
Thanks guys

I used to put England, Italy, Spain with all English leagues, and top 2 in Ita/Spa leagues, large database and have no probs

Now I have to have England, with Spain and Italy prems as view-only to be able to get thru a season in less than a week lol

60% Defragmenting now..

Downloaded CCLeaner and also Game Booster 3

See how it goes =)

I got i7-2600 at 3,4 GHz, 8 GB RAM and AMD Radeon HD 6970. Basically got 5 stars and runs like smooth with Large database.

I'd say its time for you to upgrade your machine.

EDIT: and regarding ur game slowness, everything points to RAM shortage. Ur CPU shud be able to run it, but as you have 3 GB RAM, Vista already takes 1 - 1,5 GB to run and add other system programs for that, Steam and the game itself. Buy more RAM if ur mobo still have slots for it.

Last edited:
^^^ Thanks Gump =)

I have 4GB (4x1GB Sticks) Apparently, windows only shows 3GB?

Im really not looking to buy a new machine, as this cost me £300 a few mnths ago... will maybe try replacing my 1GB sticks with 2GB sticks...

Just defraged, uninstalled alot of stuff, ran tools and checks etc lol, gonna try game out and report back lol

Thanks for all advice...

Downloaded CCleaner, used the tools in that...
Defragged my C: Drive
Turned off windows themes
Ran game through Game Booster 3.3

Noticable difference, I may just be able to use local side Salford City in my England LVL 9 Res/yth databse after-all :p

^^^ Thanks Gump =)

I have 4GB (4x1GB Sticks) Apparently, windows only shows 3GB?

Im really not looking to buy a new machine, as this cost me £300 a few mnths ago... will maybe try replacing my 1GB sticks with 2GB sticks...

Just defraged, uninstalled alot of stuff, ran tools and checks etc lol, gonna try game out and report back lol

Check that your machine can have 4GB, if windows only shows 3GB then maybe your chipset isn't compatible with more than 3GB.

if you have a 32bit Operating system then the max RAM you can have is 4GB, but this includes GPU RAM as well. so if you're graphics card has 1GB RAM, you can only use 3GB of RAM. If your graphics card has 512mb of RAM, you can use 3.5GB of RAM

Thanks for all advice...

Downloaded CCleaner, used the tools in that...
Defragged my C: Drive
Turned off windows themes
Ran game through Game Booster 3.3

Noticable difference, I may just be able to use local side Salford City in my England LVL 9 Res/yth databse after-all :p

Ye do that, that shud help and overally it will improve ur PC's speed :) But as stated above, make sure ur mobo can handle it

And yea well, I got this PC last summer, having running Battlefield 3 with Ultra settings in mind, which it does :)
Tho probably gona update more this summer, I'd need a crossfire :)

^^ well then r kid, if your upgrading, box that battlefield basher and pack it of to salford lol

Yeah Gump I have the same as you but a Nvidia GTX 590 card...Sometimes it says 5 star rating and sometimes it says 2 and a half I think its just a bug..