MUFCMike

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im in my second season at Man Utd, and in central defence I have Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling and Jones. I play 2 cbs in a 4 3 3, in a stopper and covering setup. Naturally Vidic and Ferdinand are my first choices (for now) with Vidic as the stopper and Ferdinand as the covering. Now my assistant is telling me that both Smalling and Jones are ball playing stoppers, so im wondering: Is there any way, through individual training focus or anything else, i could convert one of them to a ball playing covering? Or can i just play one of them as a covering and their attributes will be good enough anyway?

Cheers in advances

My advice would be to use Jones as the covering defender, he's got the stats for it anyway. I'm fairly sure you can make a player focus on improving his pace in training too, which could help. My advice would be to ignore your assistant most of the time, if I'm honest. Just make judgement calls and do what feels right.

I was thinking that as well, hes got high anticipation and accelaration, which are the 2 main attributes in defining whether a cb is stopper or covering. Cheers for the advice :)

from the attributes screen, u can select the player role and necessary attributes will be highlighted for that particular role, u can train in which they are lacking...