Smith signs new one year deal.

Doesn't surprise me that McCoist will be taking over he has taken charge of some games already

Oh right i didnt know that, he is a great assistant anyway im sure he could easily step up

I think he will be like lennon at celtic and he will continue to get the best out of the players

Good shout tbf, i dont really watch much scottish football, only when its on Sky and theres no English on, so wouldn't really know.

But it seems Lennon has done well with Celtic, although anything is better than Mowbray!

I disagree i'd take lennon over mccoist anyday, not because im a celtic fan, but in the two games last season smith let mccoist take charge it was 3-3 with Hamilton away and 1-0 Rangers against St Mirren, two very shabby games, not suprised by smith getting a new deal though tbh.

McCoist was better on Question of Sport, a much more challenging job..

I disagree i'd take lennon over mccoist anyday, not because im a celtic fan, but in the two games last season smith let mccoist take charge it was 3-3 with Hamilton away and 1-0 Rangers against St Mirren, two very shabby games, not suprised by smith getting a new deal though tbh.

the only thing with evidence of his two games is that was he playing Smiths tactics and just taking control of Smiths team. Or was he doing his own thing. I would predict the first one.

My friend is a massive Rangers fan and does not want McCoist taking charge, I can't see him doing a job either. He is more of a 'good guy' like Zola or Southgate. I cannot see him commanding authority.