Snow problems continue for sport

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The cold weather continues to cause problems for Britain's sporting schedule with Premier League games at Blackpool and Everton joining the list of postponements.

More...

they really should have got undersoil heating, it should be a requirement like their stadium requirements in the summer. I hear they might have 5-6 home games in a row in March.

they really should have got undersoil heating, it should be a requirement like their stadium requirements in the summer. I hear they might have 5-6 home games in a row in March.

Blackpool don't have the money to ^^)

Bit of snow, and the country stops completely

This is snow joke. It feels like I haven't watched Rovers for ages ! :'(

I think it is getting a bit of a joke now... i mean it is a tiny bit of snow and yet it stops premier league matches from being played. Take a look at the Everton match being postponed.....they have under soil heating and still.....because of a tiny bit of snow it can not go ahead.

Undersoil heating costs approx 500,000. With the money they got in the summer they could have done it i believe.

Undersoil heating costs approx 500,000. With the money they got in the summer they could have done it i believe.

But then they have wages to play, sign new players in order to stay up, pay their wages, pay bonuses etc. They wouldn't have got much.

Read a few weeks back that if they don't install it this summer (if they stay up), then they could face a fine 6 times the amount of undersoil heating...

every team needs undersoil heating, nuff said

Not every team can afford undersoil heating though which is the problem. Don't forget, that the snow this winter was the worst for about 25 years.

Usually a bit of snow doesn't stop the football, but this year it was so bad lots of games got called off. Including two of the biggest teams in the league at home having to call games off (even though they had nothing to do with the pitch's condition).

First game in ages, Everton have postponed. Personally, i am gutted, thought we could get three points today. oO)