So How Do You Set Your Game Up?

YTFC Fan

Reaction score
As the title asks, how do you set your game up? How many leagues and nations etc? I am just interested in how people play :)

Personally, I have a fast PC so I load 22 Nations and all available leagues:

Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine.

At the time of writing that is 64 leagues but will be 65 when SI fix the database re tier 7 in England. Huge database is loaded so 120,000 players are available apparently.

Yes it takes a while to play but I am a statto at heart and love seeing the different permutations as time goes on in the game re who wins what. A typical season will take me 24 hours game time (but I am always scouting, checking stats and facts etc so this takes ages!).

On top of that I usually have 3-4 games on the go at once (not literally! I mean they are saved games as different clubs) depending on my mood. I love playing at the bottom and working my way up, I also have a top level game going and a foreign game also. For those that haven't tried it, start unemployed and Sunday League experience and off you go - great fun. As a massive Yeovil Town fan, I just cant play as them - losing simply winds me up!

How do you guys play? What is your favourite kind of game? What leagues do you load?

Last edited:
cant remember how many leagues but I only have them set as playable. I have a fair few loaded. I think I have about 67000 players in the database. Loading is very minimal. I tab out to go on internet while it loads anyway.

I load around 20+ leagues from 7 nations but make a custom database to include players of certain Nationalities (E.G Brazilian, Argentinian, Croatian etc.). My current database is around 74,000 players but the most I've had in an FM game is 155,000.

Pretty much the same as the above. I've started loading all players of Spanish nationality lately though. I think the database I am using for my current game has 84,000 players.