So... how the **** do you sign English regens?

yaniv297

Reaction score
I'm playing as Hull City, currently English champions, it's 2021.
I've been working on establishing great U21 and U18 teams and been hunting regens, using youth intakes, scouting U21 tournaments and teams, agents, etc.

I've been able to get loads of great players - Croatians, Americans, Russians, Belgians, French, Mexican, Argentinians, Brazilians (seriously, so many great Brazilian regnes, it's almost cheating), but as an English team obviously I'd like to have some local players in addition to all those foreigners. And I simply can't find them.

For once, almost every great english young player is already signed by Chelsea/Man U/Man City, etc. Not sure when and how they do that.
But even when I find ones at lower leagues, their prices are ridiculous. I get Huddersfield demanding 64m for a 17 years old!! and every other championship team too. English prices are ridiculously inflated, even for 16-17 years old.
How the **** am I supposed to get great English youngsters?
Don't say 'raise your own' as my own youth intakes have been quite disappointing so far...

You really need to find them on the very day they show up. They are often on unprotected contracts, so you don't need to pay anything besides a compensation fee.

You really need to find them on the very day they show up. They are often on unprotected contracts, so you don't need to pay anything besides a compensation fee.

How do you do this?

I tried this... but by the time I manage to scout all of them (this is about 200 players), they are tied to actual contracts.

A big problem isn't getting them on time, because even when you do manage to do so, they still won't want to come. I have not yet managed to convince a single regen from any of the big English clubs to join me on a pre-contract, even though I'm Arsenal and I've won cases of trophies.

It's pretty annoying :p... I've found that Russia and Brazil provide the best regens this year.

What I do is offer the contracts to the regens I think are good on the youth intake day and scout them at the same time. So if the scouts say he's good then I still have the contract offer going, if they say he's rubbish I can just withdraw the offer. But yeah it's really annoying what clubs want for English regens!

I've found this same problem. Lower league teams demanding 20M+ for their youngsters. I can understand it up to a point, as you're a big team stealing their youngsters, and with the potential the deal probably isn't that bad. But I can't find a single one on the (relative) cheap!

Managed to sign a great DM from Brighton for 32M, but only because that was his buyout clause...

That's about 200-300 players, you offer contracts to all of them?