Be careful of using Retain Possession. Sunderland would have sat back, so Retain Possession may have helped keep the ball and break them down. Everton {A} and Man City {H} you may have done better without the instruction.

Only you can see what happened in that match, but they'd be aggressive without the ball and they're matching your triangle in midfield. You're not going to have space and time to retain possession. Also, they are likely going to commit a fair few forward and without a DM, you might get some good chances by getting the ball forward instead of focusing on keeping possession.

Maybe something to think about in the bigger games.

That's something i struggle with big time.. i got no idea how to play bigger teams.. i just plaed Chelsea away and got a 1-1 but they shot 23 times and me 9 times.. i took away Retain posession and put Drop Deeper and more direct passing.. How would you play those big teams?

That's something i struggle with big time.. i got no idea how to play bigger teams.. i just plaed Chelsea away and got a 1-1 but they shot 23 times and me 9 times.. i took away Retain posession and put Drop Deeper and more direct passing.. How would you play those big teams?
That's not a bad result at all! They're much stronger than you and playing at home. I like the instructions you used as well. Number of shots don't necessarily mean much. Creating good shooting opportunities mean much more.

In a match like that, I like to try and keep the main playmaker quiet, if I can. Use OIs on him, such as tight marking and hard tackling or even close down always if he's a real pain.

That's not a bad result at all! They're much stronger than you and playing at home. I like the instructions you used as well. Number of shots don't necessarily mean much. Creating good shooting opportunities mean much more.

In a match like that, I like to try and keep the main playmaker quiet, if I can. Use OIs on him, such as tight marking and hard tackling or even close down always if he's a real pain.

But is Control fine, or should i switch to Counter/Defensive?

have you checked my thread mate? I have a 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-1-1 for my Newcastle side.

oh and about Everton I think they are a Bogey team for Newcastle in the first season but after that they are pretty much *****

against the big teams try using high D-line & direct passing

have you checked my thread mate? I have a 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-1-1 for my Newcastle side.

oh and about Everton I think they are a Bogey team for Newcastle in the first season but after that they are pretty much *****

Gonna check it out right now mate.. thanks