So many people have created their own tactics but I noticed there is no customization

Most of the times i cant find solutions .When it is to win mostly win but when i lose i cant change the tactic because i m afraid to do it worst.Many times tried to be sir Alex or Wenger but when i change shouts or OI i didnt have better results.We must be honest what is happenning when we change something in our tactic.I play this beautiful game since 1996.

i always tweak my tactic according to the pre-match advice given

There is one problem here; you can use a pre-made tactic and win everything just by picking the squad and pressing continue...That's very disappointing imo, the game shouldn't be like that...The game should force you to constantly change strategies, use various shouts etc.

There shouldn't be plug-and-play tactics in FM, you should be obliged to pay attention to match stats and react accordingly.

I play the game using my own tactics and using shouts or team instruction changes when needed, but it feels very disheartening to know there are tactics I can download and just win-win-win with any time I like.

yes in a way it does not tie in with reality don't you think so?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

then go back and play old CMs then because the aim of FM is to get as close to real life football as possible, and football isnt as simple as diablo tactic. If that is what you want, you should be playing Fifa manager instead

likes your post

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

In my tactic thread, I've shared some of the instructions I change on my tactic on certain, common scenario's, which many other tactics do too.

hey i like yout tactic. its abit like barcelona formation.

I also noticed you put some effort in the customization part. But if you are a goal down, do you change to a a more attacking formation, because now you only have one striker.

and won't the assistant manager feedback your forward is getting outnumbered by the defence because of just 1 striker?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Great post! I take many of the things you said in consideration when playing. Do tactics tweeks or some subs many times in order to maintain the control of the game when winning. I.e. tend to put a ball winning cm or another dmf i my opp just throws at me 4 strikers.

how about if you are a goal down. I feel very frustrated to lose by one goal especially to a team I deem weaker than me.

I normally just change from control to counter if its late in a game and im winning or if im at Old Trafford or Emirates
or if im home to say west ham i might change to attack
If im in second leg of tie away i might play a more defensive formation
and i always change player roles to more defensive or offensive at end of game

I only change tactic when the tactic isn't working during the match. So if I'm 2 goals up and still create chances and my defense is still keeping the shots away from goal, I'm not going to change anything. However, if I'm noticing that I can't get enough shots on goal I'll do a sub because my midfield could be tired (which they usually are then). If that doesn't work, I'll change tactics.

I've got an FC Twente save and a LLM save and for both I created 2 seperate tactics, based on my players and inevitable injuries that will happen during season. I never download tactics from somewhere because I believe (especially in lower leagues) you should create a tactic for a team, not a team for a tactic.

I have gave this a thought before but never thought it mattered :S

Also I prefer to make my own tactic so I can build it to my teams strengths. If I download a tactic I would need to sign people for that position but If I create my own I feel I have more flexibility which for me makes the game more enjoyable :)

Going to give this a go see if it helps ;)

The aspect with FM11 as some others have said on other threads, is that this year is by far the hardest game to dominate. With previous years, you plug in a tactic and hit play and watch a Mr. Hough tactic rape the other team. Crank out some 4-0 or 5-0 wins, win some trophies, rinse and repeat.

This year, there is no one cookie cutter "I WIN" tactic because the game's AI is revved up. If you're dominating, the other computer teams will adjust and compensate. Beat them 4-0 in the fall and they'll come back and beat you 2-1 in the spring. It's just how the game is. Thus, it is entirely up to the player to change formations, mentalities, rotation of players, etc.

I personally think, what would be amazing to this community, is to post a giant master thread on different scenarios. Sort of like suggestions on what to do if certain things happen in a game. For instance, this can include the following:

Q: If on a 5+ game winning streak in the league, you play away from home at a tricky midtable team who can provide an upset. What should I say in my pre-match press conference to motivate my team and what mentality should I adapt in the game that will get a good result?

A: (Appropriate answer)

Sort of like a question and answer topic. This can be applied to tactic changes, substitution recommendations, etc. I think it would be very informative and beneficial.

Just my thoughts out there. I'm intrigued by the discussions above me, though.

Good thread.

I always try and take the game to big teams (like Blackpool do) as I am Leicester, and it has worked every time except against Arsenal when I got battered 4-0 (makes sense). If I open up a 2 goal advantage I go to counter attacking in most circumstances. If I'm losing I may edit to get more people forward. If I'm winning I change my 4-1-2-1-2 to 4-1-3-2 and change the roles of my players. If I go down to 10 I drop a striker and play for the draw. etc etc etc, I think adapting is one of the most important roles of a manager.

When I make a sub I change the tactic slightly to fit that player if that counts?

I use 3 tactics that i use. my first is 4-2-3-1 which i use the control the game i use for all home games and away if im only slight favourites, 2nd is a flat 4-3-3 or a 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid which i use for cup games and against weak teams at home. 3rd is usually 4-5-1 designed to sneak victories. Some far its work for every team i have managed but if there has losses its usually my fault selecting wrong players, wrong formation using all my subs and losing a player to injury. This is the first FM that I think you change/tweak your formations to be successful