So Much Talent Yet Tactical Failure

Deovoultcha

Reaction score
I am getting frustrated at the lack of "amazing football" my star-studded Barcelona team is producing. I used to use a 4-2-4 formation with a 4411 playmaker tactic from TheBetterHalf, but I haven't been able to get stupefying results. I know frequently changing tactics is not good for consistency, but what tactic/formation/play instructions would best use this squad?

Btw: David Silva and Fernando Torres are also available for the squad. Not sure if they'd fit either but they are quality players after comparing them with others in my squad.

If I were you,
I would split into 2 XI
The older, more experienced XI for away matches and the younger for home matches or you can do it in opposite.

Yes that solves the distribution of the team but what about the most efficient tactic for a platoon like this?

You should Villa as a poacher Torres as a complete forward Messi on the right wing set as inside forward iniesta on the left wing set as inside forward your two central midfielders MCL sergio busquets and MCR Xavi, if you look at the tactic download page look for my spurs swap tactic it should suit your players

You should Villa as a poacher Torres as a complete forward Messi on the right wing set as inside forward iniesta on the left wing set as inside forward your two central midfielders MCL sergio busquets and MCR Xavi, if you look at the tactic download page look for my spurs swap tactic it should suit your players

Seems promising, downloaded the tactic, I'll use it for half a dozen or so matches and I'll analyze the results.

You dont have dani alves attacking enough imo.

As a right winger he switches roles consistently or so I hope

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Wingback*

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

...why is Torres switching positions with Iniesta?

As a right winger he switches roles consistently or so I hope

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Wingback*

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

...why is Torres switching positions with Iniesta?

The only players that should swap positions are the two wide players , just check the player instructions

play 4-5-1, fourth from bottom on the tactics list. As long as you got a decent all round striker he will clean up nicely. remember you need a good all round striker (for the division your in) though.

team instructions:
Fluid
Control
More direct
press more
more aggressive
man marking
stick to position

pretty much works for all the teams ive played with. I always played 4-2-4 long ball also but it doesnt seem to work like it did in previous versions of fm. This tactic might take a game or two to settle in but once the side is used to it, you'll be hard to beat.

Last edited:
messi on the right as an attacking playmaker. pedro on the left as an inside forward

Bollocks Messi's out for 5 weeks. But Ctall your tactic was promising wehn I tried it, smashed Madrid 4-0, Getafe 8-0, but then something went wrong it seems and my victories got much slimmer (1-0 [Valdes blocked a last minute penalty from OL] 2-1...) so should I revert it to a 442 not a 424 still keeping the tactic instructions?

**** me, its probably because you bought so many players in your first season. Give them time to gel. It took Messi till his third season to start producing magic for me in Serie A

I got Fabregas and Landycakes in the Summer and Silva/Torres in the Dec. Window (Can't help it they gave me a $286 million transfer budget)