So the World Cup made me rediscover FM2010 and i need some help

pebbels4

Reaction score
After watching so much soccer for the last weeks i decided to give FM another try.I started with a second league club and i need some help with my tactics.
I'm playing what i suppose would be 4-5-1 (one anchor man, 2 central mids - from which one is playmaker, the other is set to support -, 2 wingers and one supporting deep lying forward), but i'm not sure about some settings.

• First of all, my forward doesn't very often get the ball when he should, and just scored 4 goals in 20 games. I thought about making him target man and set the supply to feet only since he is really bad at heading, but since he is also very weak and sucks at jumping i'm not sure if that would be a good idea, so my question would be: Even though strength, jumping and heading are attributes that are highlighted when being a target man, do they also matter when he would only reviece the ball at foot?
  • Next thing would be crossing: All my crosses (and thanks to my good wingers that are quite a lot) are coming in high, no matter if i set drill or float crosses; how do i make them come in low?
  • Another thing are the full backs: When one side of my defense faces two enemy players near the touchline at height of the box they usually get easily outplayed because when the attacking winger plays the ball to the guy behind, my full back will stop marking the pass giver and fall back to the central defenders to form a line. So when the enemy winger recieves the ball again he will easily overrun my (now again) closing in full back and serve a cross. How do i prevent my full back from leaving the enemy winger in the first place and keep him marked? i've tried the opposition instructions, but that doesn't seem to help at all.
  • Maybe related: When should i set zone marking and when man marking? I usually leave it to default, but maybe i'm doing it wrong? Maybe you could tell me what setting i should use and why with my formation.
  • My last question would be about the role i give to my second central midfielder: As stated above i've got one anchor man followed by an advanced (attacking) playmaker and a central midfielder set to support. Is this a good setup, or would you recommend other roles, and why?
Thanks in advance for any replies and sorry for the amount of words, i really would like to keep my questions shorter, but since english is my second language i'm lacking the skill to do so.