Software for converting Youtube videos

Burkie7

Reaction score
Just wondering does anyone know any free software out their that can take a Youtube video and convert it by taking out the sound? see my mate is a DJ and I make videos for his mixes and I can download the video's not a problem but I need to take out the audio from the video so ya can only hear his mix, Be very happy if someone could recommend us one for free as I really don't want to pay for something that I'm doing as a favor and the fact I only want to take out the audio, Thanks.

Hmm. I'm not sure but Youtube Downloader has this option to convert a video into MP4 or WMV and I think you can just mute the sound before conversion. I haven't tried it though.

Edit: Wait, do you need to keep the video or the sound? Because Youtube Downloader also has the capability to convert video files into MP3.

Ohhhh.. I thought you wanted to download the sound and lose the video.

No idea then mate sorry.

Hmm. I'm not sure but Youtube Downloader has this option to convert a video into MP4 or WMV and I think you can just mute the sound before conversion. I haven't tried it though.

Edit: Wait, do you need to keep the video or the sound? Because Youtube Downloader also has the capability to convert video files into MP3.

I need to keep the video and take the sound of the video out.

Any form of video editing software should allow you to lower the sound all the way down and then export it with no sound as a seperate video, I can't* tell atm because I'm on a mac and it has Final Cut which has the ability, so if you know someone with Final Cut, Sony Vegas etc. you could do it there.

* edit.

Last edited:
Virtual Dub is a free video editor which has support for .flv files so that should be capable of doing what you need.

You can usually take the audio out of videos with free video editors. I also think you can do that with Windows Movie Maker.

aTube Catcher is your answer.

You'll have to configure your own filter, but it is easy.