Sol Campbell moves closer to a permanent move

Gatid

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8455133.stm

Not happy about this signing if i'm honest, that completely just ruined my day..Hes a traitor plus hes a shadow of a player he once was gallas and vermaelen partnership is fine and the backups are also fine with djourou and senderos. Sure senderos isnt the best backup available but senderos is abit faster, more dominate in the air, and is an awful lot younger and djourou is also a very good central defender so why sign a old player who would take alot more wages! Jesus cant believe what im seeing.

Also his first game for Nott c it was his two mistakes that led to the opposition goals. I'm sure county fans know how bad he actually is.

Ffs im going to cry.

Why? He is never going to play and he will be gone in six months, probably to 'boost his chances of a World Cup Place'. :mad:

Why? He is never going to play and he will be gone in six months, probably to 'boost his chances of a World Cup Place'. :mad:

Never going to play.? Once Gallas or Vermaelen get injured that leaves Djourou, Senderos and Silvestre really and to be honest i would rather play him then any of them and it looks like Senderos is going to leave.

Transfer is also free so what have they got to lose......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/8455133.stm

Not happy about this signing if i'm honest, that completely just ruined my day..Hes a traitor plus hes a shadow of a player he once was gallas and vermaelen partnership is fine and the backups are also fine with djourou and senderos. Sure senderos isnt the best backup available but senderos is abit faster, more dominate in the air, and is an awful lot younger and djourou is also a very good central defender so why sign a old player who would take alot more wages! Jesus cant believe what im seeing.

Also his first game for Nott c it was his two mistakes that led to the opposition goals. I'm sure county fans know how bad he actually is.

Ffs im going to cry.
dont forget that you have silvestre plus i agree with ya

Never going to play.? Once Gallas or Vermaelen get injured that leaves Djourou, Senderos and Silvestre really and to be honest i would rather play him then any of them and it looks like Senderos is going to leave.

Transfer is also free so what have they got to lose......

Nothing to lose? There is if you think about it Danny, doesnt matter if its free the players still cost wages and for campbell the wages are incredibly high those wages could of been spent elsewhere like a striker, or a better and younger defender.

Yes vermaelen and gallas could get injured but as i said those wages which has been spent on getting campbell could of been spent elsewhere. Arsenal still have alot of players who can play center back aswell the likes of silvestre, senderos, sagna(has in the past), and eboue, song(although hes gone) and Kyle bartley all of them are better than him.

Last edited:
Nothing to lose? There is if you think about it Danny, doesnt matter if its free the players still cost wages and for campbell the wages are incredibly high those wages could of been spent elsewhere like a striker, or a better and younger defender.

Yes vermaelen and gallas could get injured but as i said those wages which has been spent on getting campbell could of been spent elsewhere. Arsenal still have alot of players who can play center back aswell the likes of silvestre, senderos, sagna(has in the past), and eboue, song(although hes gone) and Kyle bartley all of them are better than him.

Yeah, i see what you mean, but its just my opinion.

I think its a good deal.

Not a bad player to have on the bench, brings a vast amount of experience, cant go wrong really, if hes a flop hes off at the end of the season anyway.

Not a bad player to have on the bench, brings a vast amount of experience, cant go wrong really, if hes a flop hes off at the end of the season anyway.

I respect your opinion, but Its easy to say "If hes a flop hes off at the end the season anyway" But when a team is battling for the premiership and has a great chance at winning you cant afford to have any 'Flops'. Sure he brings vast amount of experience but thats what we got Gallas who has more international caps under his belt and still is in the France team unlike campbell.

There was already a thread created on this :S

Anyway, I agree with you Gatid

I assume he is just on a trial, I doubt Arsenal have offered a contract, it seems SSN are getting boners over it though.

Imo it's always a mistake when a player goes back to his former club, with the exception of some spurs players like crouch, defoe

There was already a thread created on this :S

Anyway, I agree with you Gatid

Yeh ive seen it, but the bot BBC is always late and i cant be bothered to wait around. Sorry if im getting quite annoying but i just exploded in frustration calmed down abit now.

I assume he is just on a trial, I doubt Arsenal have offered a contract, it seems SSN are getting boners over it though.

Yes its a trial, but trials always end up having the player signed in no time anyway. I'm pretty shocked we got him on a trial aswell:mad:.

I don't see it as a good move for Arsenal at all, low risk or not. I see it as yet another case of a big shot player getting his own way. He should have still been at County and they should have at least been getting some sort of fee for him in this window

typical wenger dosent want to spend any money so looking for a easy way out. campbell cant cope with the premiership anymore and anyone who watched him last season with pompey would see that.

He's old, slow, made mistakes every single game last season which did cost us games, e.g 3-2 vs Liverpool at home, winning 2-1 with like 5 minutes left and Sol makes 2 mistakes and we lose.

Yeah, sure it's experience, but how many mistakes will he make which could cost Arsenal the title?

The guy has a screw loose. He had a breakdown and left last time round. Could not cope with the pace of the second division so no hope now.