Solid as a crusty loaf!!!!!!! - Discussion

Potato73

Reaction score
This tactic is the most defensively solid tactic I have ever made, it may not be for everyone as some people like attacking styles but those that like a good old clean sheet may well be in luck. Please give this time as my initial results were a little shaky but at the end of the season I conceded once in 10 games.

Match Preparation

Have Team Blend on maximum all the time

Pitch Size - Minimum

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Results

Please feel free to edit it as I am also trying to improve the attacking aspects whilst maintaining the defensive strength. Also, the challenge is also to make it unbeatable at the back

Links http://www.mediafire.com/?6ugwv4wewbb777m - This is the tactic i used first season to acheive the results i got despite its name of 2nd season I used this first season

Last edited:
Looking good. Can I give you advice ? I'm going to write one anyway :p
Use Cole as winger. I mean as fullback but with function of winger. Make him run with ball often, attacking mentality, crosses mixed, passing short, creative freedom normal, run from deep often, and put Zhirkov on support duty. I think that would be awesome.

Do you think it would still be as defensively solid if my fullbacks where so attacking. I'll try what you say about Cole but maybe keep my winger the same to provide a bit of cover if hes out of position at any stage

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Ive done as you said, I misunderstood what you said about wingers but you were basically saying what I said afterwards so I did that and then beat Arsenal 1-0. So far so good :)

Can you post Cole's movement SS ? And I think that still would be defensivly solid. Cole provides help in attack and Zhirkov provides help in defence.

ChelseaChelsea_Tactics.png

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I must say I dont think this has improved the tactic offensively much at all but has taken away some aspects of the solid defence. I think it would be better if i made the wingers slightly more attacking like initially I suggested but feel free to test out tweaks of your own

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

I think the best starting base to improve it would be the "solid as a crusty loaf" tactic where the wingers are attacking and fullbacks are used to defend

Looks great, but I wouldn't but Ivanovic on same "duty" as Cole. Different type of player. Return Ivanovic on regular full back-defend, and Benayoun (sp) on Attack duty. About player movement SS, I meant this:
-After match go to information screen/ analysis/ select Cole and from dropdown menu select movement.

I dont think this tactic needs any more tweak... :D

Looks BRILLIANT. Those Realistic/Mourinho tactics are the best :D

Definitely going to try (with Panathinaikos), and curius to see how it works with mid/low table teams...

Im going to play one game now just to test your tactic ( I think it's great) with my tweaks. If you want, I can post result ?

I would be grateful for any feedback including results so please post some of your results. I'm going to test with a mid table side now and hopefully get good results.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

I've changed the wingers to cut inside and put through balls on full whilst making them defensive again. This makes them dribble with the ball across the pitch into the middle and release the striker through on goal if there's an opening. If they get to the centre of the pitch without finding a through ball they will usually play it to the other wide midfielder. By the way im testing this with Fulham

Interesting. going to try this tactic on my new season.
SOON!!!

Cheers mate. looking forward to try this.

I hope you were Burnley, is that your only result or have you played any more?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Have you made any tweaks and which one are you using?

Andy Carrol in this tactic should be target man to feet or head?

I would recommend feet as his role is mainly holding it up for other players and there aren't a great deal of goals from crosses

I hope you were Burnley, is that your only result or have you played any more?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Have you made any tweaks and which one are you using?

I made couple of tweaks. First is left full back. Second change was converting my striker from Target man to Complete forward due lack of bravery and work rate. And yes, I was Burnley :D

Defense looks great. I just downloaded both to give them a try and they both seem to be exactly the same tactic. Same player instructions and everything.

Good spot, I don't know what happened to the 2nd season tactic but i removed the link as it was the same. The tactic i uploaded is the one that got me the displayed results.

How is the tactic with defensive wingers cutting inside going? Any chance of an upload of that one?

Its very similar as the uploaded one all you need to do is

- Make wingers - run on ball often
-cut inside rather than move in channels

I would use the cut inside tweaks with a faster more complete striker than can chase through balls as well as hold up play

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Does anyone have any results from when they've used the tactic and more importantly any feedback/improvements

I am going to try a season with Birmingham using Wolfsongs teamtalk guide as I have previously just asked assistant on most teamtalks