spuavick

Reaction score
I'm looging for something solid defence tactic. I don't won a 5 or 6 to 0. I only draw 0:0 or win 1:0. I tested all shared tactic but I don't find so with solid defense who's any find that?
If you find good catenaccio I'll be a grateful...

now is 14.3.1 and still haven't good solid defence. I try everything and results is the same - solid defence at this ME isn't exists...
I lost few hours and didn't make a good solid defence. I try others tactic but effect is the same - solid defence? - no way, not at 14.3...

Freds Over Performing 4-1-2-2-1 Set

Give a go at this. If you are underdog use Counter or Standard.

I am having consistent results with it.

BUT you must be carefull of some things.

1. Teamtalks. Crucial. Mix things up. Dont say everytime the same thing.
2. Press Conferances. Crucial too. Be smart. For example praise opponents team and manager so they get complacent.

Both are so important either keeping a good form or ending a bad one.

3. MATCH fitness. Not condition. MATCH FITNESS. Put it on your squad screen to see if your players you select are match fit. Also very important.

4. Defence cohesion. Do not rotate much defenders. Let them be cohesive.

5. Full backs should have good defence attributes. Positioning (VERY IMPORTANT), Tackling, Marking.

6. Midfielders is a plus if they also have, plus strength. They cant win balls without strength in this **** ME.

7. Arrange many friendlies to get your players match fit.

8. Dont expect good results if your tactics arent familiar.

9. Dont make huge changes in your squad. Make transfers but 2-3 every year.

If you dont like all this try FM Classic. I like it but i prefer the other. I like the depth. I wish ME wasnt so **** in defence.

Forget last patches or FMs good defence. There is no way you can do that in this FM by a plug n play tactic. You COULD if you changed every game things but i think it would be very difficult and will require a lot of different good choises to be correct.

You can also try TTFs tactics. Pure Insanity etc. I dont like assymetric tactics and thats why i dont use them. They are solid because they have OIs pre set.

Actually, you can.. I ended up conceding only 10 in my entire PL season with United. It depends on a lot of factors though, but my basics were this. I had either my captain (Vidic) or my vice-captain (Evra) present in every game. That game the team stability and guidance. Also, combined pairs. I put a tall defender next to a fast defender, so any style of play could be stopped. And basically, I had an excellent GK in de Gea who was outstanding.

But more so, you have to make tactics suit your team, especially if you're aiming for a specific thing. For example, I generally play with CB, however, with different tactics, I'll put a BPD and CB next to each other, with an Anchor Man coming back. You don't really have to alter every game, just suit and adapt tactics to the situations..

Thx for tactic I try this in Guimaraes from Portugal (ending season 2019/20 - new job heh) last game I lost at home with Braga 0:5 so mentality is very poor. But I need few points to non relegation and next season... I want my team be a not bus parking at goalie but plane or something much bigger ;)

I remember Drillo Egil Olsen when was a coach Norway national team. They played ugly football but they won against Italy or other strong team. That was something 4-3DM-2-1 (in old Championship Manager tactic was called counter-attack), without wingers. I loved this tactic. This was really solid defence and great fast and killing counter attack.

I think that football isn't dance on ice (or something that), nevermind how but you must win ;) for few years nobody remeber style, but score is a history ;)

I'll be a tasting this tactics in few matches and I write how is gone ;)
thx

sorry for my English I'm from Poland