Djibril Cisse

Reaction score
Another year and i am again completely off this game.

Cant understand tactics although have read all the guides.

Maybe its because English isnt my native language and cant understand difficult terms in those huge guides.

I wish i could, its so great to have this game with such depth in it in all areas.

How you want to play?

I just want to be solid. I dont like ultra attacking style. I dont care if its going to be possesion or counter style of football. I prefer the second one but this never works in Football Manager. Giving space to opponents its suicide.

Actually what i really have in mind is a 4-4-1-1 with two DMs. The two banks of 4 will be good at positioning, tackling and marking. One of DMs will be good at passing and he will be the first playmaker. My MLRs will also be quick and descent dribblers (or passers depending the style). They will be the soldiers of the team.

The team will mostly count in attack on a class AMC playmaker and a class all around striker.

Is someone out there with the same principles that has a set of two tactics, one for easy opponents and one for harder with prioritize defence and solid winning?

Why not try to implement what you've said you want? If you have issues, we can help if you provide the info.

I am trying. Last thing i tryied is this.

FBa----DC----DC----FBs
---------A----DLPs
WMs-----------------WMs
---------APs-SSa

Control - Structured

With a few Team Instructions and a lot PIs especially in WMs (Dribble more etc).

The thing is i dont have the time to test more (already tested a lot of things) and just wondering if anyone else like this kind of play and has a base that works so that i can build into.

Hey mate, that's an over ultra defensive formation to me. Depending on your TI I bet u will be on the back foot most of the time. Usually u will be doing Alot of defense especially if your are using anything lower than a normal def line. Skip the shadow striker and use an f9 if u want your striker to be pressing. U can afford a high line def. U can afford a winger or wide player maker on the right side. Left wm put him on attack that would make full use of your supporting fullback that sometimes roam forward to give u more attack options. Give it a try and see how it works. Yeah working tact from scratch is a pain in the **** I know but once u get it right u will feel that it is so gratifying