Leightz14

Reaction score
Hi guys, after a bit of advice but before I ask I'll give you some background info. I began my game with Lincoln in the vanarama league, began with a 1 star reputation and qualifications. Managed to win the league in my first season, as I began my league 2 campaign I applied for other changes through my board training facilities etc which were all unsuccessful. I accepted this an continued, finished 2nd an was promoted to league 1. Again I asked for improvements which were unsuccessful this made me cast an eye on other jobs, I saw Leeds had been relegated from the premier league an sacked the manager, so thinking I had no chance I applied. They offered me the job to my surprise an I accepted. They gave me a £40 million kitty an I won the league convincingly. This was the team that I won the league with

Mandanda
Iorfa Jansson Hector Maouassa
Melegoni McGinn Zajc
Barnes
Bosetti Sakho

ive got 1 game to play which is Man Utd in the fa cup final which I can't see me winning anyway I have begun to plan for the future in the premier league an I've pondered 1 singing an had bids accepted for 2 more. I'd like your advice on the said player an Amy suggestions of your own.

player I'm contemplating is Adam Ljajic on the list for 19 million. I have 38 to spend, anybody used this player. Hoping to use him as a play maker behind my front 2.

Had a bid I'd accepted of 2.6 for striker Lucas Boye and a 500k bid accepted for Tammy abaraham. Any advice on these 2 players

any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Ljajic is a good player, but that's half of your budget. How much does he really upgrade you? Is your attack where you need to start the upgrade process?

A mistake I recently made in a save was getting a side promoted from the Championship to the Prem (Fulham) and spending too much of my budget on just a couple of players. The squad was full of players who were solid quality for the Championship but a bit lacking for the Prem, and I didn't do enough to address that. I didn't go further with the save to see how the side did, but I could see that being an issue. So my suggestion is to do a hard, honest assessment of what players are going to have the quality to do well for you. That should help you narrow down your biggest areas of need and that is where you probably want to start your spending.

This might be already understood but often seems to be an issue to some extent - be realistic in what is an "upgrade". Its easy to look at a player with a couple of high attributes and miss the whole picture. Hidden attributes matter and mentals matter a lot. Lots of folks tend to get caught up on technical or physical attributes. Sometimes an upgrade isn't even an upgrade - replacing a player who is skilled but very one-dimensional (think a winger with a few good attacking skills and pace, but nothing else) with a more rounded player can help you tactically.

In reality, promoted squads often suffer for lack of depth. Its really hard to have true quality depth yet, but you can emulate that to some level with versatile players or quality youngsters who need time.

Can't really comment on the players you've listed because I don't have the game in front of me, plus a lot of them will have changed / improved / declined over time.

Thanks for the reply some excellent points brought up. My current back four all have enough ability to play in the premier league. So in that area I just need fringe players . Currently my weakest position is attacking midfield and strikers. I'm happy with my midfield as there is plenty of industry an creativity so maybe only 1 player needed. I was thinking of giving the majority of my players a chance as I've bought players with premier league potential at a good age e.g. Iorfa, Maouassa, Melegoni, Barnes. I've also played Man City, West Ham and West Brom in the cup an beaten them all so I think that shows they can compete. Was thinking of a marquee(ljajic) and a couple of bargains

Personally, I think you should have stayed with Lincoln, but I'm biased. I agree with the above though, I prioritise depth over quality every time. Transfer listed youngsters at the bigger clubs are always worth a shout. I picked up Tyrell Warren for 275k in my first season with Lincoln in the prem, got 245 league apps out of him, never had a season below 7.05 rating. Cheaper players like Callum McGregor and Callum Slattery were also key for me in the early days.

If you are looking at a striker, I'd recommend finding a good target man. Probably kept me in the league by essentially knocking it in long and high in the early days

The only thing with Lincoln was whenever I tried to implement changes to improve the club the board didn't back me, and I've always had saves where I stay at one club so to keep me from getting bored and losing interest I've decided on more of a journeyman save. Sounds like I'm being egotistical but I'd rather get relegated playing my style of football rather than get a big man up top an go long.

Thanks for the reply some excellent points brought up. My current back four all have enough ability to play in the premier league. So in that area I just need fringe players . Currently my weakest position is attacking midfield and strikers. I'm happy with my midfield as there is plenty of industry an creativity so maybe only 1 player needed. I was thinking of giving the majority of my players a chance as I've bought players with premier league potential at a good age e.g. Iorfa, Maouassa, Melegoni, Barnes. I've also played Man City, West Ham and West Brom in the cup an beaten them all so I think that shows they can compete. Was thinking of a marquee(ljajic) and a couple of bargains

In that case, signing a "luxury" player like Ljajic might be a good move. if you already have yourself in a good situation, player-wise, then a total rebuild is far from necessary.

Small update. Just played the fa cup final an won!!! They battered me in ever department and after I missed a penalty in the second minute thought I was in for a long afternoon. As I was preparing for extra time Chris wood nicked an 89th minute goal to seal a 1-0 win!! As for the transfers I decided against ljajic an instead signed;

Lanzini 10m
Ward Prowse 11m
Lucas Boye 2m
Abraham 650k

With window about to open may look for some bargains/loans.

Anyone else had unexpected success like that before?

I ended up with a bigger rebuild than I expected.

I added;

andre gray 4m
bernard mensah 1.8
tosin adarabioyo 4.1
kortney Hause 4.7
manuel lanzini 10
ward prowse 10
lucas Boye 2.6
abraham 650k

and sold

sakho 6
wood 5
janson 15

amoung a few other deemed surplus requirements.

Looking forward to the prospect of qualification to the europa league group stages after the fa cup victory