moonson

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Pretty new to FM and thought I should start a game with a big club and using Genie Scout to get familiarized with the game. A few questions came to mind though:
1. Is it better to download training schedules or simply not adjust the training and use the basic training schedule? To me it seems that downlaoded schedules have less training and more rest?
2. How do you handle those young wonderkids that you dont want to keep for the future but dont fit in your main squad? Should you loan them to lower leauge clubs? Wouldnt that mean that they get worse training since lower leuage have worse coaches and facilities?
3. How do you keep reserve that dont get much playtime in shape? Let them play in your u23 team?
4. Are there any disadvantages to set training to focus on individual attributes?

Any other important things you always do when you take over a new club?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

my opinion

1.yes and yes, some spesific tactics have spesific training
rest is important. cramp up super tight training schedule is bad. so if you wanted to train various aspect, plan it by monthly not weekly. also set different training schedule on no games week, pre season and try to individually rest players during tight schedule.
2.yes, loaning is best option. but try to loan him to a team that will play him a lot (not mandatory but still beneficial). but if you want to keep him in team, try to play him alot of the bench.
3.its hard but yes, send them until they are fit gradually. its also beneficial to keep your team small (starting 11 and bench players + 3 backup), keep backup can keep playing with U-23 and plays in cup matches.
4.no, but keep monitor the growth. they might become unhappy btw, keep that in mind.

my advice : play all your pre season games. its a good way to experimenting with tactics and individual skills.