Do you agree with most of the issues that I raised?

• Total voters

jamie9456

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm sure we are all stuck in with the demo now. Just wanted to outline some concerns about it.

- Firstly, I think the graphics on the ME are excellent and TV view is a real highlight but I have two main concerns here. One is the scary amount of open goals that the players miss (literally there's about 3 incidences a game) and secondly is the quite unrealistic results (AC Milan using good tactics, just beat Lazio 4-0, then go and lose to Cesena 3-0?? surely not!!) :mad: I have been playing FM since 05, and I have to say I think the realism side to the ME has declined from an otherwise excellent FM 10 year. One other point that I just have to quickly add and this has been an issue for me throughout my FM times is the ridiculous contrast between atts and ability on the pitch. Take Pierre Achille Webo, hes literally dancing around my defense, bags 2 goals, lighting quick etc... His best physical stat is acceleration 16 and hes got like dribbling 13. And in the same match, Alexis Sanchez (no need to highlight indiviual stats) has a very subdued game, looking quite slow, giving away the ball etc...

- Secondly there are just some niggles that I really hope may be smoothed over b4 the real thing comes out. For example when you are on a different screen and your just about to play a match, you press continue but it asks you there and then if you want to submit your team, how the ****** **** I am supposed to know my team if you don't re-direct me to my tactics page!! I think the new message box is quite clunky and doesn't look very good. Another one is when you click on tactics at the top, you then have to go to a seperate drop down box to see your formation and then to another drop-down box to see your team. I know I may be being a bit stingy but, I'm sure like most of you, I am quite an avid player and would love to see some of the issues addressed.

- Also I just have to add that the atts of the players in many areas are just very, very unrealistic. For example Fabrizio Micoli is so overated its verging on silly but a player like Bastian Schweinsteiger is so underrated, its verging on silly. However, judging on the enormous contrasts on the pitch anyway, it almost doesn't seem to matter.

Having said all the above, I would be interested to hear your feedback. And despite its flaws, its defo being pre-ordered :p

I still find the 3d match engine cringy to look at. It is still very poor graphically and the movements of the players are poor. It's still like looking at LMA manager. 2d for me as always :)

Definately agree with open goal problem, my players are always missing SUCH easy chances.....

One other point that I just have to quickly add and this has been an issue for me throughout my FM times is the ridiculous contrast between atts and ability on the pitch. Take Pierre Achille Webo, hes literally dancing around my defense, bags 2 goals, lighting quick etc... His best physical stat is acceleration 16 and hes got like dribbling 13. And in the same match, Alexis Sanchez (no need to highlight indiviual stats) has a very subdued game, looking quite slow, giving away the ball etc...

Thats a well known thing in football called form. You can even find clips of Emile Heskey on youtube looking like a worldclass striker.

is the quite unrealistic results (AC Milan using good tactics, just beat Lazio 4-0, then go and lose to Cesena 3-0?? surely not!!)
Just because your tactics work well in one set of circumstances does not mean they will always work. There are 22 players on the pitch to take into consideration, not 11.

agree with the open goals thing, and to an extent the attributes vs ability thing, although it could be argued that every player regardless of ability is going to have good and bad games. I just really dont like the new fm demo, which really saddens me, as fm 10 was amazing.

tell me about it..

Everytime torres goes round the keeper, he ******* misses..
I suppose thats quite realistic of him actually....

I agree a lot with what you said, however keep in mind that usually when the new fm games are released the first couple of patches as well as the original game without any patches have many flaws, i thought this was the same with fm10 until the 3rd patch was released and then the game became so realistic and a lot more playable,i guess you do have to realise that even your highest rated players will not perform on every occasion and keep an eye on those lesser players who play outstanding for one game and see if they keep it up the whole season, i doubt it , and if they do this does happen, sometimes mediocre players will have a great season and then i guess we could say in this sense fm is so realistic, remember its a game ,i too love it when results, players, and form resembles the real life stats, but in 3 years time these great players we are seeing now may not be so great look at ronaldinho, remember ,Expect the unexpected!!!!

Another niggle is the lack of highlights! In Fm10, there were games that you just sailed through without any highlights and ok, its a one off and a rare occurrence. But in Fm11 its a game by game thing. Very few highlights, and also has anyone actually had any comebacks? Or vice-versa? When I go down 1-0 I always seem to lose, when I go up 1-0, I always seem to win.....

I must say, there are a heck of a lot of penalties in the lower leagues this year, hopefully SI will do something about that :S

I'm sure SI are trawling forums around the interwebz for issues people are encountering and trying to fix the majority of them in the release day patch.

As usual all the issues will be fixed in 11.3 patch, most probably. I might just rebuy FM 07 and find an update somewhere on the internetz.

Simple, back to basics manager game.