Some help avoiding relegation, I can't really tell what's wrong with my tactic

ossietheowl

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So just a bit of background, I'm reaching the business end of the 2019-2020 season and my first season in Serie A (in the San Marino Challenge).

The Serie A in my save is a ridiculously strong league, now better than La Liga and pushing the Prem for top spot in Europe. So, in my first season, it looks like I'm going down.

Anyway, we seem to do fairly well even against the big teams (I've had draws away at AC, Inter and Sampdoria, and an unlucky 5-4 loss to Napoli). We always lose though, normally by just the one goal, and normally that goal is in the last 10 mins, from a corner. I'm going to show you loads of pictures (of my tactic, table, results and under-performing players). At this rate, we're going down, which is really devastating with the amount of effort it's taken me to get out of the Serie B (4 infuriating seasons), and all I can see is that we're unlucky in every single game.

Any and all help/comments would be appreciated guys.

View attachment 410436View attachment 410435View attachment 410434View attachment 410433View attachment 410430View attachment 410428View attachment 410426View attachment 410425View attachment 410423View attachment 410421View attachment 410420

And then we have Foguinho, San Marino's record signing who hasn't scored in over AN ENTIRE DAY'S worth of competitive football - I think it's about 28 hours now. Unfortunately I can't drop him because he's my only striker.

View attachment 410415

I'd say your midfielders are all running into the same space. Try switching one wide man to an a winger and have your forward running midfielder on the same side as him. Then have your midfielder who sits, behind the space your inside forward will occupy...
I hope that makes sense?

I would advise you to change the AP to BWM on support, Foguinho to CF on support

untick play narrower, Roam from positions, Run at defence and hassle opponents
Tick, Clear ball to flanks, lower tempo

When you get to the last 20 minutes or so change the mentality to contain if you are winning by 1 goal, and tick retain position be more disciplined and play safer.

Something else you could consider, Sensi and Fontoura seem to be amongest your higher match rated players (albeit not big feat with 6.70s) but you could drop Fonguinho down to AMC have play a SS.

Also, got into preferences - interface and change the rendering mode. That's what is causing all them cocked up graphics on your screenshots.