moonson

Reaction score
Hey guys! Pretty new to the FM series and would appreciate it if someone could answer some questions:)

1. Most importantly, how do you know if the opponent plays long balls or not based on the scout report? Most tactics seems to need you to change between press or drop based on that. I attached a screenshot of a report, could someone be kind enough explain what the numbers mean to me on a very basic level?

2. Should you do fitness training during the pre season? Seems like some tactics tell you to train team cohesion instead in the pre season but wont that give your players very poor health before matches during the season?

3. How much health should your players be before a match? I seem to not get them even close to 100%

Thank you guys!

i usually play anyone 95% and above.. anyone starting about 90% or under will usually have a backup on the bench just in case.

Allright! Could anyone please explain how to know if the opponent plays long balls based on the scout report?:)

if thats the assist panels jsut look for higher numbers further away from goal, if you'r still worried, start deep watch the opening highlights and move up as you see fit.

might help to post the image in english. i dont know what the 2 & 4th lines say

Pass
??
Longball
??

Oh yeah, let me translate:
1st line is passing
2nd is cross
3rd is long balls
4th is opposition mistake

Basically, how many green longballs in comparison to green passes would warrant the use of drop tactic?

Have a look at your own and the style you play and a couple of other teams, you'll see whats high and low for your division and style. Lots of lower league teams prob have more longball/direct goals than say a premier league team playing possesion.

pity it doesnt give you the percentage rather than a figure.

Have a look at your own and the style you play and a couple of other teams, you'll see whats high and low for your division and style. Lots of lower league teams prob have more longball/direct goals than say a premier league team playing possesion.

pity it doesnt give you the percentage rather than a figure.

That makes sense, good idea! But if you were to give me a thumb rule for an english premier leauge team? If it would have said like 18 passes and 9 long balls?

depends, i'm not really sure, say a ball is kicked from the keeper headed down outside the area layed off and smashed in, is that a pass goal or long ball? on paper pass but in view long ball.