marius09

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

I have problem with tactic and would like to ask more experience players to advice/help me to improve it. I have found it in internet and it is almost great but after promotion to Premier League from Championship I have big problem with lost goals from crosses, from side on the pitch. More often from lef side than right. I publish screen from my tactic, team instructions and profile my right&left defenders.

Second big problem defensive freekicks. I have eliminated problem with corners self but can't do it in free kicks.

Somebody advice/help me, please ?

Regards
Mariusz

Honest question... what kind of wide defensive solidity are you expecting with your only wide players being essentially attackers? The complete wing back can be awesome offensive weapons but it's the least defensive of the wide defender roles. It can work if you have great players and or positional cover. You have neither. So I'm a league with loads of really good wingers and plenty of good fullback, you are leaving your two CWBs to deal with all wide threats. At best they are one on one with a single wide opponent. Most often they are probably getting doubled up. So if the opposition has two wide players, one will be relatively free. Tons of time to make a good cross. And you are defending those crosses with essentially two players since you have no DM and the opposite fullback isn't always going to be back helping. Even if you have a squad full of world class talent, being that open is going to burn you sometimes.

I would start tweaking by dropping the CWBS to maybe Wing back support and drop one of the CMS to a DM

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I have changed roles to defensive back etc but it doesn't working. The situation is better if i set DR and DL and additionally MR and ML but of course after this change my offensive is worst :(

Well, any formation has some vulnerabilities and some strengths. A narrow formation like this is always going to be vulnerable on the wings. Like I mentioned, world class fullbacks might allow you make it work, but you lack those and probably won't be able to buy them. so you can either adjust the formation or simply accept that vulnerability. Moving two more players out wide is an easy solution and doesn't necessarily have to weaken the attack too much. But you cannot keep the numerical superiority in the middle AND have more cover out wide. Something has to be sacrificed.