Somebody is giving my bad youths pro contracts

wele

Reaction score
The player is bad. His squad status is 'not needed'. Every contract-related responsibility lies solely on me, the manager. No one is allowed to modify anyone's contract but me.

Yet when this dude turns 17, for some inexplicable reason someone keeps offering him a pro contract. I used to get an e-mail that was like "hey this guy turned 17, maybe you should give him a contract" and I mostly just didn't. But now this dude turns 17 and I get an e-mail like "idiot player who no one likes puts pen to paper on pro contract. supporters are like wtf!?"

He's the second one it's happened to, but the first one was a hot(ish) prospect so it didn't bother me so. Something's definitely changed. I used to be able to control my youths turning pro, but I can't anymore.

He probably signed a pre-contract, with future contract being a pro one. So if he joined you 2-3 years ago through youth intake, someone might have offered him a contract then (if you did not controll it yourself at the time)
Or you gave offered him a contract a few years back and forgot.. :D

Or.. it's a bug, although not a gamebreaking one - i can see how it'd be annoying.

You're right. I checked and he has a provisional agreement from before my time. Thanks man