Something really annoying

flyingman

Reaction score
I have no idea whats causing it or why its happening or even what to call it, so I'll just try my best to explain.

I seem to have a bug in the game, it weren't there when I first brought it or 2 months after buying it (brought roughly just over 2 months ago). But the last few times I play the game it keeps randomly continuing the game with out me even moving my mouse or pressing a key. For example: I continue the game from a match I just played, as normal it goes to the normal loading screen. The loading screen disappears and the next time interval is here, with sometimes 9 messages. I go to move the mouse to read the messages but Bam the game whizzes through the messages and continuing the game without me having the chance to read the first word of any of them.

In simple terms the game continues when I do not wish it to continue. Though thankfully its kind enough to stop on must responds and submit teams pages but thats it.

Currently scanning the game for a virus and if clear re-installing it.

Umm... do you have Continue Game Timeout enabled?

No as sometimes it wants to be a good boy and doesn't continue, though I'm currently hurting my eyes looking for the small print button on preferences saying "uber annoy mode"

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Oh wait timeout is on instant thanks. While i'm going on about my stupid game bugs heres another one. First of all I have narrowed down the problem to the football manager CD/game. I leave the FM disk in my disk drive. Randomly the disk drive pops open without me doing anything. Sometimes on the internet, sometimes playing the game itself, sometimes playing solitaire out of boredom. Thankfully Ive downloaded it through steam but it ****** me off when my disk drive smacks into my arm. (other Cd's do not do this)

I'm just wondering but if I downloaded the game through steam can i still play using the disk and not steam? Secondly how do I stop the disk popping open?

If you really want to get into helping some-one then I got another problem thats most probably more suited to editor but still. I don't seem to access the editor, or in fact have the editor. Once in the Football manager folder the only folder thats close to data editor is "editor data" which just contains "config", which just opens up a internet page full of coding.

Thanks already for the help

Completely read that wrong at 1st mate that's why I deleted my post haha. Thought you was trying to trick us in to telling you how to get a editor and how to run it without a disk in because you downloaded the game for free lol.

Yeah 2 different problems, oh how I hope that FM11 is a lot kinder. Though nice idea, could illegaly download the editor :p. Or have i confused myself in thinking the editor doesn't come with the CD I brought from game. Owell if it does, just means I don't go mental over it.

Last edited:
just download the editor and stop complaning lol :p

Did you look in the tools folder in program files by the way? Also go to start > all programs > sports interactive > football manager 2010 > tools and see if its in there.