Reaction score
before i start this story i will give u a brief prologue before i start....

I have loaded a large database consisiting of England (BSS/BNN) Scotland (division 3) and ireland (division 1)

the game/story will start in January 2011.

there will be points of the story where there will be large posts mainly consisting of writing and others that are short and to the point, hopefully this will keep the majority of the readers happy and will find it easy to follow.

i appreciate positive input and tips/ideas to improve the story.

Most of all i hope you enjoy reading :)................. and now to start.........

View attachment 122650
January 5th 2011
Hodgson Sacked As Liverpool Manager

News reaching us from Anfield, is that Roy Hodgson has been sacked as Liverpool Manager. Liverpool are currently lying in 11th place, just 7 points off the drop zone. Hodgson had only been in charge of Liverpool for 6 Months and the board must now concentrate there efforts on finding a new manager.​

With just 5 days gone into the new year and Liverpool firmly in mid-table, who will take charge and hopefully steer Liverpool up the table.​

View attachment 122651

Odds for Next Liverpool Manager

Frank Rijkaard 9/4
Martin O'Neil 6/1
Kenny Daglish 10/1
Owen Coyle 14/1
Rafa Benitez 20/1
Desmond Pugh 33/1

January 6th 2011
View attachment 122650

The Liverpool Board can confirm that a successor to Roy Hodgson shall be announced tomorrow. A press conference will be held at Anfield at 1pm where we will present the new manager of Liverpool football club. We at this point would like to thank Roy Hodgson for his services and wish him well in the future. We ask the supporters to now turn their attention to the second half of this season and with renewed optimism look forward to the future of this great club.

The Board of Liverpool F.C.

Last edited:
After my next post. the next post will be around midnight tonight,as i have work this evening, i will be sticking with this story through thick and thin and i hope i will attract many followers along the way.

Last edited:

Now the press conference to announce the new manager of Liverpool.... Desmond Pugh!!

Tom Werner (Liverpool Chairman) - Ladies and Gentlemen and gathered media, today marks a new dawn of Liverpool Football Club. Today is the day that Desmond Pugh starts his persuit to bring the good times back to Anfield.

Sky Sports Journalist - Desmond, Welcome to football management, with nearly all of us in this knowing very little, if not anything about you how have you managed to land the job at one of English football's greatest clubs?

Desmond Pugh - Thankyou, I have been given this job because the owners along with tom and i share the same goal, to put liverpool back where it belongs and that it is on top. Liverpool so far have had nothing to shout about this season, but i aim to turn that around.

BBC Journalist - Desmond, no matter what you say alot of the fans and players alike will say that you are too inexperienced for the job, how do you go about combating that?

Desmond Pugh - Well to start with i need to get this team winning, i understand to start with some fans will be disgruntled at my appointment but all i ask for them is to believe in me and hopefully with the team performing on the pitch and the fans doing their part off it the combination of both team and fan will be brilliant.

World Soccer Jounalist - What are your ambitions this season and is a top four place still a possibility this season?

Desmond Pugh - Well Silverware would be a start, we are still in the Europa League and we start our F.A. Cup campaign against norwich in two days, in regards to this season it is about achieving points and starting to turn losses into wins and my own goal is a top 6 finish.

The Sun Journalist - You mention your game against Norwich in two days will you and your squad be ready?

Desmond Pugh - Without doubt, i will make sure we are ready.

The Daily Star Journalist - Will we see your first transfers this month with only 24 days left of the window?

Desmond Pugh - You will have to wait and see.

Well as Desmond Pugh and Tom Werner leave the conference it looks like that the job has now begun for rookie manger Desmond Pugh and without doubt, that job is a big one.

First day at the office​

Sitting down to some lightly browned toast and a cup of tea i flicked on sky sports news to see the public perception of myself being appointed manager of Liverpool. The view seemed to be that i was a unknown and would be on borrowed time so i knew that my first game tomorrow against Norwich would be crucial.

I opened the squad folder and looked at what i had at my disposal.

Steven Gerrard's name immediately jumped off the page, this is a man who is Mr. Liverpool. i knew that if the teamwas going to succeed it would have to be built around him. Others that took particular attention was Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina and Jamie Carragher.

Fernando Torres would be the man to spear head my attack and with Pepe Reina i had a brilliant goalkeeper who would be no1 for a few years at least. Jamie Carragher despite being a loyal servant for this club was declining in ability with age and it would be up to me to keep him or drop him.

On the negative side, after taking out the deadwood we had a alarmingly small squad of 17. This meant that signings are needed.

my targets are

Young back up goalkeeper to Reina.

A left back as Konchesky does not cut it for me and Aurelio is not the fastest.

a right back as cover for Glen Johnson.

A Left and Right Winger

and a Striker to rival Torres and N'Gog.

I closed the folder and took my notes and m
y toast with me out the office towards the car where i would go take my first training session.

The Training Session​

I Arrived at Melwood Training Ground, and was immediately surronded with kids looking for autographs, i saw this as an opportunity to get them on side, so i rolled the window down and proceeded to sign away.

I walked into the main foyer to be greeted by Sammy Lee, he is a short bloke, and instantly told me about the bunch of lads we have here and how determined they are to win trophies. I walked on to the training field and waited with sammy untill the squad joined us.

i introduced to myself and told them that by working together there is nothing we can't achieve. I told the lads that for the match against Norwich tomorrow i would be picking a full strength team in a bid to show me what qualities we have.

I then got the lads to have a practice match and the morale seemed positive.

After training i left Melwood to return to Anfield to discuss with Sammy who should arrive and who should go.

Norwich Vs Liverpool

F.A. Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 122879

Post Match Review:
Great game in whch we had over 30 shots!! pleased with the victory and can now look forward to the derby against Manchester United.

Other News:
Glen Johnson is out for 2 weeks with a thigh injury.

Transfer News

Alex Smithies Goalkeeper Huddersfield Town to Liverpool £1 Million Pounds

top story mate.How did u start with the league like that though.

top story mate.How did u start with the league like that though.

at the start of the game i went selected england scotland and ireland as playable. i then clicked the game to start in ireland jan 2011

----------------------------------------------

the next post will be all of January along with results, transfers and controversy!!

Last edited:
I started like this but forgot to put real life fixtures on

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

oh and will be following :)

Rest of January

After the Norwich game i managed to get left back Maxwell from Barcelona on loan for 6 months.

Daniel Agger felt the club was underachieving and felt like he wanted to leave. I told him i am aiming to get the team achieving again but he didn't believe me, so taking his point of calling me a liar i transfer listed him and sold him to Inter Milan for £7.25 Million.

My first league game would see me lock horns with arguably Liverpool's biggest rivals, Manchester United.

Heres how it went......

A fantastic win and the perfect first game at Anfield. The fans were singing my name and the hairs were standing up on the back of my neck, brilliant result and hopefully this will kick-start the season.

Week 3

After the win on sunday the squad and i turned our attention to the next game against Everton, another derby day and hopefully another win.

I was on the verge of signing Simon Kjaer but during the negotiation stages he failed his medical and had now got injured for 3 months. I turned my attention towards another Centre Back.

For the game against Everton i was backing Maxwell to start but due to a knock in training he had to settle for a place on the bench.

Heres how the merseyside derby went....

A draw was on reflection a fair result we did well and possibly could of gone onto win but the main thing was we didn't lose Gerrard strained a muscle in his calf and would be ok in a couple of days.

Week 4

4 points from a possible 6 in the league wasn't too bad, but now our next game saw us playing Sunderland in the F.A. Cup 4th Round. Sunderland had beaten us in the league in Hodgson's last game in charge so i sent the message out to the team, that a win was vital to show the fans we really had turned the corner.

On thursday i signed Ryan Shawcross from Stoke for £12.25 Million and the day after he signed he suffered concussion in training, typical.

I was hopeful that before deadline day i could get in a back up striker and a defensive minded midfielder.

Luckily Gerrard was fit to take his place in the team to play Sunderland and here is what happened....

An emphatic win and no doubt a great morale booster for the team. Joe cole started his first game under my management and seemed a completely different player, world class goal with a stunning volley from 20 yards.

On deadline day i managed to sign Kevin Davies for £3.8 Million and Anthony Annan for £2.2 Million

Overall i am pleased with the squad along with the new additions and feel we can now push on toward the rest of the season...

View attachment 123049

great story mate, similar layout to my southampton story last year keep it up!

Great start to you career , what tactics are you using because it seems to be working ?

when u started in jan do they have the real table or is it a bit of luck mate.