Dan1992NUFC

Reaction score

The South Challenge:
This is my attempt to try and knock Brazil and Argentina off their perches and dominate south american football with a team from any other nation apart from those two. Everyone knows that the clubs from those countries always seem to be the ones everyone knows and that win the Copa Libertadores and the Copa Sudamericana. Now i want to make a stand and change this and put other clubs on the map.

Aims:
1.To Win clubs domestic leagues
2.To Win the Copa Libertadores
3.To win the Copa Sudamericana
4.To become a dominant force in South america
5. Want to develop players from youth squads to integrate with senior players.

Next post will be me picking my squad and giving you all the information about my squad such as players, stadium background etc. Hope you guys follow and comment.

Quintin Coasta, a 41 year old Bolivian has signed as manager of Palestino in Chile. He said he is very excited to sign for this team and feel very lucky due to his unknown status. He has promised the fans attractive and attacking football and has promised to make them a huge name in South America.

Club Honours
View attachment 456017As you can see we haven't won much in our club history, only winning the Chile league twice which was 30+ years ago. hopefully i can change that.

Squad Depth
View attachment 456032View attachment 456031
AS you can see the team is decent. They are not superstars which gives us a great platform to build on. I would say our midfield is our best area and that we need to get in some defenders, but im happy with this squad as a base and hopefully we can deliver the goods.

Key Players
View attachment 456030
This guy is going to be our rock at the back. He has some great stats and looks a good player and at 31 has some good experience on his side as well as being in his peak.

This guy is going to be our B2B midfielder, he looks rather good player as is only at the age of 22. He has a bright future and if we can keep hold of him, he could become a star.

This Guy will be our main forward and leading our attack. He is experienced and has just signed for Palestino from rivals Colo Colo. He has pace and power which is a great combination.

I am going to set myself a target this first season of finishing in the top 4. Which i would say is pretty realistic given our squad and would give us a good solid base for next season.

Next update will involve tactics and pre-season games.

Last edited:
This is the main tactic ill be using for Palestino. i know south american teams and countries never really defend so i opted for an attacking tactic with no DM. How ever i do have a target man up top and the deep lying playmaker can hopefully provide the ball to him on number of occasions.

This is a great signing for us. Anderson Polga used to play for high profile Brazilian teams such as Corinthians and Gremio. As you can see he is very experienced at his age and has very good stats. He has height and strength which is a massive positive and should toughen up our back line. Not bad business for a free agent.

Well we showed good performances over pre season, We showed we can certainly score goals but the problem is we can concede too. which is normal for South american teams as they all like to attack so im not to worried. good start though.

Next update ill try put it on later on before i go to work. which will be about the first month of the cup.

July 2013/2014

View attachment 455522
The Month started with a bit of bad news. Our key striker Guitierrez, got injured so we would have to change strikers. He was a major goal threat in Pre-season so this was a huge blow for us.

Transfer Update

View attachment 455520
We signed Lucas Palma early this month and he has great stats and shows alot of promise.He is experienced striker and has played at higher level before.

Was a great month for us. We went 4 games unbeaten in the Chile Cup, but despite losing to Audax Italiano we were the better team just couldn't finish them off. the first game of the season didn't go to plan. we played well and we were the better team until we went down to ten men then they scored two goals to see us off. Encouraging performance though and rather happy with this start.

That was some great news to get, that we have qualified for the next phase of the Chile cup. As you can see in this screen shot we have qualified top of the group with 13 points in total. Nearly a perfect record in the group.

Player of The Month

View attachment 455496
Sergio has been a real superstar this month for us. i took a chance and used his in CAM and he has delivered massively. he scored 6 goals in 7 games so far that is brilliant and hopefully her keeps scoring freely.

Great news he is back to fitness and will be back in the team soon as he is rearing to go.

I didnt see the point in posting the league table as only played one game.

Last edited: