Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

South' won 3 tournaments 1st season without transfer - Defense Wall n' Move on Attack

Reaction score
Introduction
Firstly, sorry for my bad english. My inspiration comes from Vinhtran's Crazy 433v. That magic tactic made me have goal scorers like I had never done in all my years of FM (I play since 2007). But she needed more. I needed stability, even if it cost me less goals. I often thrashed a 7x1 game against Tottenham in my life, but in others football simply disappeared (especially in the quarter-finals in the Champions League, a phase which I've always been eliminated in all my saves). So I made several changes, several tests, which I came up with.
After a solid save with Southampton, I think I'm ready to be shared with everyone. It's worth noting that I did not do a single job. It was the original squad.
I also want to emphasize that you have patience until the team has fluency. And that this tactic was programmed to concede few goals, not to score many, although one has an immense amount of possession of the ball and many shoots on goal.

View attachment 110173View attachment 110172
The two BBMs, along with the AM and the two CFs, all have one thing in common: absurd handling. This bothers offensively. With the + overlap instruction to move into space creates an enormity of chances. One defect is the number of wrong shots. I tried to correct this by asking to finish less, also to lead to the box, but both made the overall good tactic lose quality. So it's important to have two box-to-box with good kicks from far
In defense, the "defending" instruction by itself already brings more stability. However, the two wings defend, which in conjunction with the Ball-winning-defender makes build a solid defense.
DOWNLOAD
FIRST SLOT: View attachment 110175
SECOND SLOT: View attachment 110171
THIRD SOLT: View attachment 110177

Opposition Instructions
VERY IMPORTANT
View attachment 1098100

Training
I leave the general training for the assistant, but match preparation is something I believe to be of immense importance. It may be just superstition, but shortly after finishing one game, I put the training of the next game (and only the next game). Always defensive positioning. Similar to the image below:
View attachment 110174

Indvidual Training

Each player training on his position and duty / role within the tactic

Corners taker
anyone

Game Situations
VERY IMPORTANT:
- Change to very fluid if your team is not doing well. Consider that not being good means having less possession of the ball and much less shoots to goal, being analyzed these data by the minute 20 to minute 45;

- If it is still going badly , change to tactic TWO

- If it is still going badly and losing the game, even after changing to tactic 2 and after another 20 minutes, change to tactic 3;

- If you have a player expelled, remove one of the two CF's;

Results
We just did not win the FA Cup

View attachment 110184

EPL
View attachment 110186

Final of the Europa League
View attachment 110183

22 Clean Sheets
View attachment 110185

Defense Wall :D
View attachment 110181

Players stats
View attachment 110180

Fixtures
View attachment 110182View attachment 110179View attachment 110178

No purchases in the market :D
View attachment 1098093

Enjoy and give feedback!
hugs!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whats the difference between the 3 tactics?

I will test it with my Rostock team.

Thanks for the work

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the 3 tactics?

I will test it with my Rostock team.

Thanks for the work
One is 4-1-3-2, another is a 4-1-2-1-2 and the third is a 4-1-2-1-2 more offensive, to try to reverse results. Read the part of game situations, it is essential.

Reaction score
@SPFC

thank you for the hard work. Im still using your tweak of Crazy 433.

Great first post, even more so when English is not your first language.

Reaction score
Can you show the goal analysis so i can see where your conceded goals come from?

(Há um painel que dá para ver de onde vêm os golos. Podes fazer o upload? Obrigado)

Reaction score
just registered to comment on this tactic.....been using the site for years but never had a plug in result like this! top start, hope it continues, cheers for the upload man View attachment 110124

Reaction score
SPFC mate, maybe you've read my post in the crazy 433 thread about the good tacticians in this forum. I think I really have to correct my post, because you are one of those guys. I've lost in the CL semi final in Madrid 5-1 and then I decided to go for your tactic three:

View attachment 110089

Reaction score
Game Situations
VERY IMPORTANT:
- Change to very fluid if your team is not doing well. Consider that not being good means having less possession of the ball and much less shoots to goal, being analyzed these data by the minute 20 to minute 45;

- If it is still going badly , change to tactic TWO

- If it is still going badly and losing the game, even after changing to tactic 2 and after another 20 minutes, change to tactic 3;

- If you have a player expelled, remove one of the two CF's;
So you change to Very Fluid in tactic 1 before switching to the tactic 2?

Reaction score
Any other role i can use for my strikers? I got a weak team, who doesnt have strikers who are complete yet. oO)
This tactic is amazing tho, doing wonders for my team! Only my strikers who does around 6.4 every game...

Reaction score
View attachment 108730View attachment 108729View attachment 1099655View attachment 1099656so im 3 seasons in, and this is my second season with this tactic. the only changes i have made are to switch the mentality from structured to very fluid, and to remove the get stuck in option.

i have set the oi to the attatched shot, and havent conceded in the league all season. a few in the cups, but throughout, beautiful football and some great goals. this tactic is amazing, and so solid. possession and shots/cccs off the charts!!! i recommend any to try it (H)

Reaction score
View attachment 1099659View attachment 1099660View attachment 1099655View attachment 1099656so im 3 seasons in, and this is my second season with this tactic. the only changes i have made are to switch the mentality from structured to very fluid, and to remove the get stuck in option.

i have set the oi to the attatched shot, and havent conceded in the league all season. a few in the cups, but throughout, beautiful football and some great goals. this tactic is amazing, and so solid. possession and shots/cccs off the charts!!! i recommend any to try it (H)
Hi, why to different OI`s?

Reaction score
hi pokkern,

i was using these oi's as suggested in the 'crazy 433' thread by another user, and totally forgot to change them to what has been advised in the op.... tbf, it seems to have worked lol

Reaction score
Is there an alternative for CF's for lower league teams? Would switching to poachers work as with the 433v?