Henspa

Reaction score
I probably won't get everyone in, in January but here are the player types I'd need and reasons why.

***** AMR - Inside Forward: Some pace would be nice since Ramirez isn't that quick. Backup type player is just fine because Ramirez suits my tactic but he seems only one capable of doing anything for me in this position and he can't play every game. Pacey player with a good off the ball would be a nice bonus so he could be used effectively in counter attacking tactics where Ramirez isn't the best option because he's slow.

**** CB - Stopper: I have Balanta, Lovren, Yoshida and Fonte at the moment but Fonte injured for 9 months and hes skills are declining fast. So I only have three CB's and Lovren is only one who's stopper type player of these.

*** ST - Advanced Forward: Rodriguez, Osvaldo is the duo I have, because I play Lambert in AMC position since he has PPM comes deep to ball. Rodriguez 8(8) 2 goals 4 assists. Osvaldo 13(4) 2 goals 1 assist. That includes some really easy Cup games and in Premier League this duo has scored only twice. One each. Some one quick with some heading ability would be nice since my tactic uses alot of crosses from Full backs and good amount of through balls from Trequartista and two Inside Forwards.

** GK - Sweeper Keeper: Boruc isn't bad but he's pace is awful and he's not the best keeper there is to play in this role. I like to play high line and Sweeper Keeper is a must in those tactics.

* DM - Deeplying Playmaker: Schneiderlin is fine but he's the only real deep playmaker I have. Cork just isn't playmaker type eventhough he has try trough balls PPM. I could do with some one better than Schneiderlin too. This player has to have some kind of marking and tackling capability since he will play in DM role.

AMR...Tom Ince? Ruben Rochina? Yacine Bahrim? Ricardo Alverez? Thomas Drage? DM...Albin Ekdal? Tiago? Mario Pugliese?

I see you got Balanta, I'm just about to start my 2nd season and looking at buying him, how much did you get him for? Have you sold Wanyama to get enough money for that, as I don't think I'd have ever been able to sign him 1st season? 2nd got a lot better, I think I had a ?23m budget :)

We obviously play with quite different tactics so I won't be able to help you there too much, but one recommendation I can make is wait until the end of the season and sign Sergio Romero on a free as your GK. I'm not certain how good he is as a Sweeper Keeper as I don't use one, but with the fact he's free I think you'll struggle to get anyone better for cheap!

I'd got rid of Yoshida and Fonte as quickly as I could because they were both very poor. I signed Rod Fanni as a CB / RB backup as he has a 850k buyout clause. He ended up playing alongside Lovren quite a lot, so that was a decent 1st season signing for me. At the start of 2nd season I brought a CB called Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik for ?4.4m (with ?3.4m over 18 months). He's an absolute steal for that price, I'd definitely recommend you check him out!

Never ever sell Wanyama. He's a beast, and quite frankly, you won't need the money if you manage to win atleast the Capital One Cup, and finish in a decent position in the Premier League in the first season.

For AMR - You should have Jake Sinclair in your youth. Trust me, he's a monster. Use Him. Also, maybe Jordan Jones. He can play on the wings pretty nicely. Tom Ince is excellent if you're using an IF, other AML winging, he's a monster. Also, Yossi Benayoun, although I suspect he'd have already moved..

DM - Try and see if you can get Jonathon dos Santos. He's pretty good, and you can sell him a big profit after a couple of years. Mario Pugliese grows to be excellent too.

CD - Stopper - Stefan Strandberg? He should be available cheaply, and he grows to be a tremendous player.

Edit: For GK, try looking at Jeronimo Rulli. That is, if you can get a WP for him..

Last edited:
I see you got Balanta, I'm just about to start my 2nd season and looking at buying him, how much did you get him for? Have you sold Wanyama to get enough money for that, as I don't think I'd have ever been able to sign him 1st season? 2nd got a lot better, I think I had a ?23m budget :)

We obviously play with quite different tactics so I won't be able to help you there too much, but one recommendation I can make is wait until the end of the season and sign Sergio Romero on a free as your GK. I'm not certain how good he is as a Sweeper Keeper as I don't use one, but with the fact he's free I think you'll struggle to get anyone better for cheap!

I'd got rid of Yoshida and Fonte as quickly as I could because they were both very poor. I signed Rod Fanni as a CB / RB backup as he has a 850k buyout clause. He ended up playing alongside Lovren quite a lot, so that was a decent 1st season signing for me. At the start of 2nd season I brought a CB called Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik for ?4.4m (with ?3.4m over 18 months). He's an absolute steal for that price, I'd definitely recommend you check him out!

I bought Balanta for 10,5M € and he has been superb in Stopper Cover partnership with Lovren. I haven't sold Wanyama and Wanyama is one of the key players in my tactic and Wanyama is playing with biggest avg. rating.

Romero looks fine from his statistics so I think I'll take a closer look for him!

I'm planning to get rid of Yoshida and Fonte as soon as I'm available to get decent player to cover them. Fanni could be a possibility. I liked him in FM12 and 13 on my Marseille saves. I think Kana-Biyik would be a fine piece of business but I see him rather as covering player than Stopper so I might take a look for him later if I'm able to buy better back ups.

Never ever sell Wanyama. He's a beast, and quite frankly, you won't need the money if you manage to win atleast the Capital One Cup, and finish in a decent position in the Premier League in the first season.

For AMR - You should have Jake Sinclair in your youth. Trust me, he's a monster. Use Him. Also, maybe Jordan Jones. He can play on the wings pretty nicely. Tom Ince is excellent if you're using an IF, other AML winging, he's a monster. Also, Yossi Benayoun, although I suspect he'd have already moved..

DM - Try and see if you can get Jonathon dos Santos. He's pretty good, and you can sell him a big profit after a couple of years. Mario Pugliese grows to be excellent too.

CD - Stopper - Stefan Strandberg? He should be available cheaply, and he grows to be a tremendous player.

Edit: For GK, try looking at Jeronimo Rulli. That is, if you can get a WP for him..

Sinclair is very low talent at the moment and isn't producing any magic at the moment on loan at Peterborough but maybe in few seasons he'll be a star. Jones too would be a great long term deal but he's not that good yet although I was looking for a back up player. Benayoun could be one to look for I'd think he'd be a cheap deal for a season or two.

dos Santos could be a great deal if I can get him! Will definitely try to bring him up! Pugliese is quite young and wouldn't be that good right away so he'd be rather a long term target.

Unfortunately I don't have Strandberg in my save :( if the name is correct?

Rulli seems a great target. Had my scout hinting me from him. Will take a look for him. I'm afraid for the work permit too. Many great players have been turned down because of that :(.

The start of game in FM 2014 isn't Southampton's first season back up..... They finished 14th last season in Premiership. :)

AMR...Tom Ince? Ruben Rochina? Yacine Bahrim? Ricardo Alverez? Thomas Drage? DM...Albin Ekdal? Tiago? Mario Pugliese?

Brahimi I already have on loan but I play him left. Rochina is quite slow player too adn Inces not that quick either but I might take a look on him! Alvarez is quite slow too and I can't find Drage from my save:(. I had a look for Ekdal but I never got anything going with him in previous FM:s so I'm a bit dubious. Tiago from where? There quite a few Tiagos :D. Pugliese seem quite young but I could scout him anyway.

The start of game in FM 2014 isn't Southampton's first season back up..... They finished 14th last season in Premiership. :)

With 'back up' I'm talking about back-up players. I follow Saints a lot in Premier since my mate is fan of them ;) And 1st season is the season I'm currently playing.

Last edited:
Advanced forward I have Andreas Cornelius who I signed at the beginning of 3rd Season for Saints. 17 Goals so far.

Gk David Opsina is free at some point. Start of 3rd season I think. He's a wonderful keeper, Also Yann Sommer is decent.

CB I got Steffen Strandberg for 1.3m and in 2nd season I got Thomas Vermaelen for 6.5m.

Hope this helps:)
https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...arhAepuIDIAQ&ved=0CCoQvwUoAA&biw=1366&bih=638[h=1][/h]

CM...Ekdal is a very good DLP/B2B and Tiago he plays in spain hes about 32 sign him for ?250k good for a few seasons and good for tutoring...Drage plays in Norways...Wingers look at Zaha Wickham and Gnarby on loan? CB...Strandberg M.Keane or D.Boyata