serp1

Reaction score
I've just finished my first season with Southampton and ended in 2nd place, so now I'm looking to reinforce my centreback spot. I currently have Ashley Williams and Nemanja Pejcinovic. I'm looking to spend a maximum of around £8m (I got over £30m to spend but looking to save a lot of my budget) and would want experienced and preferably a big fast centreback close to his prime (24-27).

One player I've been looking at is Kader Mangane (can get him for £8m) and he's pretty perfect for me except that I feel he's a few years too old and would want some tips for other players I can get for the same amount or less. I've also been looking at Craig Dawson which I can get for somewhere in between £3-4m but he's still a bit young and I would really want someone who can make an impact right away.

Might as well mention that Kara is out of the question, he went to a different club at the start of the season although he would be pretty perfect (very good and young).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

On my Wolves save (currently in 2022-23), Ryan Shawcross is undoubtedly one of the best defenders that the game has ever seen. He was constantly in the World Team of the Year for 5-6 seasons continually, and still captains England at the age of 33/34.

On my Wolves save (currently in 2022-23), Ryan Shawcross is undoubtedly one of the best defenders that the game has ever seen. He was constantly in the World Team of the Year for 5-6 seasons continually, and still captains England at the age of 33/34.
Yeah, I've been looking at Shawcross but it looks like they won't go any lower than around £10m for him. It's probably worth it though. And I've offered a contract to Mangane, but Arsenal and Chelsea joined the chace as well - so most likely they'll just give him an awesome contract and he'll be lost for me hehe.

shawcross is the one to get! started with my local team (stoke) and hes in team of the week nearly all the time, pay what ever they ask of you cause he is probably one of the CB's the game has seen just like Gooner Eagle said.
Recommended buy to be honest.. also miranda.. cracking CB partnered with shawcross, played one game for me and got in ream of the week. Awesome mate

Thanks guys. Found out Everton made a move for Shawcross and I ended up getting a £7m offer accepted and he eventually joined me. Been good in the three pre-season matches so far. Deadly in set pieces as well.

i went with dawson an he scored around 10 goals aswell as dominated every season till sold him for 9million :)