ChrisDCFC

Reaction score
After winning a treble in my first season I am now looking to improve the squad for taking on the Champions League next season.

Currently playing with Mr L's Counter Ninjas which is a 2-5-2-1 formation.

GK (SK) - Boruc/Gazzaniga - The backup keeper will be leaving the club. Boruc had a good season but is 34 now and I would like to either sign a first team ready keeper and keep Boruc as a backup or sign a young prospect to take over from Boruc after another season. Valdes is available on a free though he wants a massive wage.

DC (CD) - Lovren & Fonte/Yoshida & Stephens - Lovren was fantastic this season and will keep his 1st team place. Fonte isn't getting his contract renewed. Yoshida is a good backup and Stephens is a young prospect so I need a quality center half to step into the 1st team. Was looking at Vidic on a free and also Shawcross who is transfer listed due to Stoke being relegated.

WBR (CWB) - Clyne/Chambers - Happy with this position.

WBL (CWB) - Shaw - Need a good backup for Shaw.

DMC (DM) - Schneiderlin, Wanyama & Cork. Looking to move Cork into a backup position and bring in a quality DM and a young prospect.

AMC (SS) - Ward-Prowse & Lallana/Ramirez & Reed. Again happy with this.

ST (F9) - Lambert/Rodriguez. Lambert has had a good season with 22 goals in 38 apps but at 32 I feel I need to bring in a younger striker and let Lambert take a step back. Rodriguez is transfer listed as he is looking for more 1st team football that I can't give him.

I have 40 million to spend. Any suggestions would be very welcome :D

Luca Antonelli (LB) might be available on a free or for cheap and is great for backup/rotation. I signed him for free in the 2nd season in my Liverpool save and he had an average rating of 7.33 in his first season.

Layvin Kurzawa (LB) can be picked up for around 10 mil, with game time you could see bids of 30mil+ for him after a season.

Papadopoulous is a decent CB, I signed him 2nd season for 9.5 mil. Could also look at Zouma as he might be available on loan, try a clause of about 15 mil to sign on a permanent deal if you can.

Michy Batshuayi has a release clause of 6.75mil has great potential and should score plenty. Kevin Volland also has a release clause of around 12 mil I think. Both young with tons of potential.

Luca Antonelli (LB) might be available on a free or for cheap and is great for backup/rotation. I signed him for free in the 2nd season in my Liverpool save and he had an average rating of 7.33 in his first season.

Layvin Kurzawa (LB) can be picked up for around 10 mil, with game time you could see bids of 30mil+ for him after a season.

Papadopoulous is a decent CB, I signed him 2nd season for 9.5 mil. Could also look at Zouma as he might be available on loan, try a clause of about 15 mil to sign on a permanent deal if you can.

Michy Batshuayi has a release clause of 6.75mil has great potential and should score plenty. Kevin Volland also has a release clause of around 12 mil I think. Both young with tons of potential.

Antonelli has signed a pre contract with another club.

Kurzawa looks good I will have a closer look at him.

Papadopoulos is out injured for six months. Will have a look at Zouma though he never goes onto much in my saves.

Batshuayi I haven't heard of. Volland I have though I have never seen him score much. Who would you say is better out of the two?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Jonthan Silva is a decent left back as well, although I think you can get him on a free at the end of the 3rd season so you might want to wait.

I'd never heard of Batshuayi either but my scouts gave him 4* potential, and for 6.75mil you can't go wrong. He scored something like 24 goals and 9 assists in 35 apps for me first season. After 2 seasons I sold him to Real Madrid for I think 40 mil as Suarez and Sturridge were keeping him out of the team, plus I had Jerome Sinclair who was doing well.

I've never signed Volland before as I went for Batshuayi instead so I couldn't tell ya how good he is, has decent stats though.

For DM I've heard you can get Lucas Romero pretty cheap, around 8 mil I think, early on in the game, he turns out to be a beast.

Mario Pugliese has a release clause of 600k but he's one for the future, definitely worth signing though.

I signed Kurzawa and Batshuayi so thanks for that mate.

Funnily enough I signed Romero too lol.

Thanks for the help!

For my Southampton 2nd season I signed Frasier Foster (GK),Kurt Zouma(loan), Eric Dyer(CB), Charles Planas(LB), Nicusor Stanciu (AMC), Tom Ince (AML), Dorian Rotariu (AML) and Batshuayi (ST).

For my Southampton 2nd season I signed Frasier Foster (GK),Kurt Zouma(loan), Eric Dyer(CB), Charles Planas(LB), Nicusor Stanciu (AMC), Tom Ince (AML), Dorian Rotariu (AML) and Batshuayi (ST).

Yeah was thinking Forster but ended up signing Ter Stegen.