Southampton 2ns season (FM Inside 2/9/17 update)

tommyd150

Reaction score
I've just finished my first season with the Saints, I finished the season in 9th, Injuries and having to play City, Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham cost me the chance of finishing in the top 4.

I'm struggling to identify transfer targets, I don't feel like I need many additions I just need abit more quality in certain areas.

Transfer budget is £40M with £350K in wages, I can see 2 or 3 players leaving so I could have another £20M to spend.

Areas I need to improve...

CB- VVD was sold in Jan, Boards choice not mine. I need a top class BPD that will come to me without European football.

AML/AMR- I'd like another option out wide, I'm happy with my wide players but I'd like a good prospect to bring threw.

ST- Long was good last season, 28 games 15 goals and 7 assists. Austin was okay, 10 Goals and 3 assists but kept picking up little injuries. I'd like to add a quality ST to take me to the next level. I'm looking for a Poacher or a Advanced Forward.

wild card here as i kept him around at spurs but N'jie scored 15 goals in 16 games for me so could be worth a shout since he always transfer listed

For out wide I'd recommend Andrei Ivan really develops into a top player if used properly can be got for 6-7m end of first season. For st what bout ings scores goals for fun on my save. Tried to get him but Newcastle bet me to him

These are my transfers so far.... View attachment 84288

I've struggled to find a great CB, I'm in talks for 3 players at the minute, I'd like to know peoples opinion on them...

Gary Cahill £3.1M

Hector Moreno £18.5M

Gustavo Gomes £8M

I'm edging towards Cahill, Hes english, He knows the BPL and he suits to BPD role. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Try Jack Stephens.
Maybe he is in Reserve or U23.

Not Ball Playing Defender, but actually pretty good when he spent his loan on my Leeds United.
Rate 7.3 in 26 Appearances.

Try Jack Stephens.
Maybe he is in Reserve or U23.

Not Ball Playing Defender, but actually pretty good when he spent his loan on my Leeds United.
Rate 7.3 in 26 Appearances.

He's out on loan.