scotth1995

Reaction score
Hello readers,

This is my first ever post on the fm-base forums.

Today I ask if you would be interested in following my Southampton story. Starting on their 125year anniversary. I have already completed 2 seasons and have been promoted each season. Hoping for a successful season in the Barclays Premier League.

This thread will include screenshots but at the moment I would like to get a decent amount of followers of this.

As many managers have failed at, I will produce. I play the game respectably. I play every game, never cheat, and take the result as it is!

This post will go longer than a few weeks as I have already completed 2 seasons and will get you, my readers, informed weekly with updates of my season progress.

My first post will be as soon as I reach a decent numbers of followers and this will include my 1st season results and final table finish, with transfers of course!

FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW!!!!

Last edited:
Isn't your 1st post meant to be the story not just stating what your gonna do..?
I'd follow though yeah. ;)

I wil follow but only if you follow mine mate. Theres a link in my sig below

Season 1 review

And now continuing...
I will now post to you, my BEST ELEVEN, my FINAL LEAGUE POSITION in the NPOWER LEAGUE 1 & my TRANSFERS from Season 2010/11.

FIRSTLY MY FINAL LEAGUE POSITION ... 2 :S
View attachment 117437

NEXT... MY BEST ELEVEN FROM THE SEASON:
View attachment 117438

AS YOU CAN ALL SEE.. LEIGH GRIFFITHS SIGNED FROM DUNDEE AT THE FINE AGE OF 19 WAS A KEY PLAYER IN THIS TEAM HOWEVER FRED SEARS - BROUGHT IN ON LOAN - HAD A SUPERB SEASON AND SO IT WAS ALWAYS CHEERFUL TO KNOW THAT IF ONE STRIKER DID NOT PERFORM THE OTHER WOULD.

FINALLY... MY SIGNING!!!!! MOST WERE FREE AS I RECIEVED ABOUT 300K TO SPEND ON PLAYERS... HERE THEY ARE:
View attachment 117439

IN MY NEXT POST, I WILL BE POSTING 2 OF MY MOST FAMOUS VICTORIES... ONE TOOK PLACE IN MY FIRST SEASON AND THE OTHER IN MY SECOND. I WILL POST AGAIN WHEN I RECEIVE 5 MORE FOLLOWERS

NOT MUCH MORE SO SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

Last edited:
this isnt a story ? its just you posting ur success and you signing. but on a beter note well played gettin promoted.

Last edited:
make the text smaller, and maybe put alll the promotions in to 1 post? then carry on with updates from where you are now?:), you had a good team and made lots of good signings btw:)

this isnt a story ? its just you posting ur success and you signing. but on a beter note well played gettin promoted.

Thanks for the feedback. Next post I will show my final league position and transfers in championship... and my 2 surprise wins... then i will begin with the story as i will catch up with my game

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

make the text smaller, and maybe put alll the promotions in to 1 post? then carry on with updates from where you are now?:), you had a good team and made lots of good signings btw:)

Kk thanks for advice... will do in next post.. just a few more followers needed then i will post my next promotion and signing and my 2 surprise wins... then i will be on track to post my story!!! Also, thanks for the comment about my signings :D ... better ones in next 2 seasons

Why do you need a certain amount of followers before you post updates? Many other stories have updates with no replies, but you can still bet that there are quite a few people reading it still. I have read many of stories without replying. Also, you could just request that people hit the 'Like' button if they have read your update; therefore you would be able to keep track of how many followers you have. Anyhow, good luck with the rest of your story, and well done on the promo. If you see my sig, I did the same in season 1 too, but only through the play-offs!

Why do you need a certain amount of followers before you post updates? Many other stories have updates with no replies, but you can still bet that there are quite a few people reading it still. I have read many of stories without replying. Also, you could just request that people hit the 'Like' button if they have read your update; therefore you would be able to keep track of how many followers you have. Anyhow, good luck with the rest of your story, and well done on the promo. If you see my sig, I did the same in season 1 too, but only through the play-offs!

Kk, thanks for the tip... will update tomorrow night, quite busy now. Well Done with Southampton :D good luck

2 Surprise Victories

Hello Readers,

Today I plan on sharing with you my two most famous victories so far managing Southampton FC.

Firstly, Chelsea. This took place in season #1, while I was in the nPower League 1. I was playing Chelsea in the FA Cup 3rd Round. I played 2 matches against them. The first I was at home, drawing 1-1. I took the lead in the 8th minute by a big mistake from Alex, heading the ball into his own net... Cheers Alex :p Then 5 minutes before half-time (40mins), Nicolas Anelka, who I now have in my Southampton squad, scored a well worked goal, created by a consistent threat to my net, Malouda.
View attachment 117547
As you can see a very close match in my opinion, even though Malouda posed a huge threat my goal, we still managed to keep a decent amount of possession and had many chances ourselves.

Now, the second leg, I WON 3-2!!!! AWAY!!! As you can see Malouda, still a threat, scored within 12 minutes :( I thought this match would be a huge difference from the other, I expected 4-0... but I didn't :D Then my second best Central Midfield, Dean Hammond, scored within 2 minutes, DELIGHTED!!! He usually played as a substitute, but after this performance, he started with Morgan Schneiderlin. Donovan scored for them and again we got back quickly... loanee Fred Sears, stepped up chase to pinch Leigh Griffiths for starting position as ST. I played Fred Sears because he had Premier League experience, kind of. Then the main man, Leigh Griffiths, came on for Sears and scored in the 68th minute. Yep, he remained as a starting ST.
View attachment 117561

Next, going to make it quick. 2-1 HOME WIN against MANCHESTER UNITED. YES!!! Top 2 teams, supposidly, in England and sometimes Europe... beaten by Southampton in Season #1 and Season #2. Summer signings Manuele Blasi(DMC) and Viktor Elm(DMC/MC) both experienced in the CM so I had to play them. Here are the stats, yet another close game, but this time, against Man Utd:
View attachment 117563

A GREAT FEW GAMES!!!!

NB. ALL OF MY UPDATES WILL BE MUCH SHORTER, THESE GAMES ARE JUST BIG ONES I DECIDED TO POINT OUT! NEXT UPDATE IN A FEW DAYS!!! Will begin Transfers and Results in Pre-Season... ENJOY!!!
COMMENT, AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Sorry to disappoint but somehow after backtoback promotions and doing so well in the premier league and winning league cup, my team went into administration! Dunno how. But I have decided, SCREW IT, as I couldn't buy anyone and team wasn't good enough yet to win the league!