Lewis5

Reaction score
adkins.jpg

6th July 2011
Adkins leaves as Southampton look to bring back glory days.
Today Southampton have dismissed manager Nigel Adkins the former premier league outfit just missed out on the play-offs last year even with a 10 point deduction. They also won the Johnsons Paint Trophy which just shows the level the once great club is now at. Adkins though however had only been at the club for a few months. Arguments over the availability of funds looked to have sealed his fate.

skynews.jpg

12th July 2010
Southampton hire rookie as manager Lewis has taken up the position with most fans saying it is a cost cutting exercise.​

13 July 2011 press conference
Andy Crosby takes press conference
010280906047400.jpg

Andy can you confirm the reason why Lewis is not attending his first press conference?

He is away looking at new players to bring to the club

Could that be to find a replacement for Alex chamberlain?

Lewis has stated Chamberlain will not be leaving the club we have had not had bids for the player.

How have the players taken to the new manager?

At first there was a bit of uncertainty but he is a young man who gets on with the players well.

Can you give us an idea on the kind of players you are looking to bring to the club?

We want to get out of this league and some good experience would help that.

I will not be taking anyone questions

mancity.jpg

July 19th

Saints decline Man City an offer Lewis has claimed the 60k offer for Chamberlain is an insult to them and the league. “just because they are a premier league club does not mean they can pinch players at will”​
July 20th
Southampton make first dip into transfer market to capture South African international. Tshabalala the fast young left midfielder joins for 140k from Kaiser Chiefs just a day after a Chamberlain bid was rejected. Manager Lewis had this to say about the deal “he is a fantastic signing he played at the world cup and is great with the ball at his feet” speaking at the prospect of Chamberlain leaving he said “ he is close to signing a contract to stay at the club for the last three years”

Tshabalala.jpg

ill be following :)
I like lower league management:p
cud you check out mine.(A) the link is in my sig

Hello mate I like Southampton, Try and keep hold of Chamberlain... although I don't know how good he is on the game. Everytime I've checked he doesn't look too good but I might be wrong. Check mine out for some ideas on layout if you like.

Southampton bring in four in a week

Southampton have signalled their intention to gain promotion with the signing of four players in less than a week.

coleman.jpg

Seamus Coleman
The young right back comes in on loan from Everton to try and gain some first team experience. Coleman will be in competition with Butterfeild for the right back position this season.
JulioCruz.jpg
Julio Cruz
The tall powerful forward joins on a free agent after Lazio released him. Cruz had a number of offers but decided to see out the remainder of his career at Southampton. He is good in the air but lacks pace and is a similar mould to current Saints forward Lambert. Fans simply cannot see them in the same starting line up so how much of Cruz will they actually see?
alex.jpg
Alex Smithies
Following the manager’s failed attempts to bring in South African goalkeeper Josephs as well as a very ambitious attempt to bring former Brazil number one Dida to the club. He turned his attention to the young Huddersfield keeper. It came at a cost though 500k was spent with the promise of an extra 150k should Southampton get promoted this season. Whether he is the best keeper in the league is questionable but his future talent is there to see.
demerrit.jpg
Jay Demerit
The USA international signs on a free having been released by Watford due to their financial situation. He has 23 caps for the USA and has played as high as the premier league in England. At the age of 30 time is not on his side but could well form a formidable partnership with Fonte at the back.

Dean Hammond was sold to Ipswich for 190k
Young keeper Bailkowski left to Empoli for 65k
Paul Watton was released and Been Reeves has gone out on loan

Southampton are said to be still looking for a quick forward before the end of the window with Birmingham’s James O Connor and West Broms Luke Moore said to be on the short list.

saintsfans.jpg

Sky sports could not obtain the Plymouth Southampton game information but can confirm it finished 1..1

Southampton 0 Barnet 0 4-2 pens

Man of The Match Anwar Auddin 8.40 had Cruz in his back pocket :/
Obviously very disapointed it went to extra time but at the end of the day I am in the next round

Southampton 0 Brentford 0
MOTM Balkestin 8.10
I have not got a clue how I did not get all three points in this one 20 shots to 4

Exeter 0 Southampton 3
Guly (50) (78) Tshabalala (90+1)
MOTM Guly 9.90
Superb display I dropped Chamberlian and Tshabalala for this one but they both came on with 20 minutes to go and combined brillantly for the 3rd. Guly was on another planet one goal from outside the box and a good carm finish.

Southampton 1 Hull 1 3-4 pens
Schneiderlin (38) Cullen (71)
MOTM Schneiderlin 8.60
Gutted to go out on pens matched them throughout the game but shows how the potenial of my team. Hull so far in the championship have won all three of there games scored 7 and coceded just one in the process. Still no goals for my strikers mind..... Tshabalala also picked up an injury that will rule him out for 3 weeks.

Southampton 2 Carlisle 0
Schneiderlin (22) Fonte (28)
MOTDM Fonte 9.00
Good win just four days after the Hull game. Fonte could have had a hat trick always looked dangurous from set peices. Also like to give mention to my defence and goal keeper as a whole 3 league clean sheets on the bounce.

Table after four games
Southamptontableafterfourgames.jpg

southamptonstrikers.jpg

Despite the positive start Lambert has faild to score in 6 Cruz likewise and Barnard in 3 second half subsitube apearnaces. It is because of this Saints have been frankecly looking for a new striker but with offers for James O Connor Luke Moore Jon Stead Brett Pitman all been denied, and even when they found a striker a work permit application faild stopped 16 year old Marko Livaja joining the club. They look set to keep faith in there front line.

Gael Kakuta joins Saints on loan
GK.jpg

The Chelsea youngsters wages are being paid full by Chelsea allowing Lewis to have another attacking option on his bench. The Southampton boss stresses he wants to retain the JPT go as far as he can in the F.A cup and gain promotion “in order to do this you need a squad of quality”

Last edited:
Southampton yet to taste defeat

saintsbadge.png

Charlton 1 Southampton 2
Mason (68) Lambert (15) Fonte (62)

MOTM Fonte 7.90

Smethies and Coleman were away on International duty so in came Butterfeild and Davies both palyed well through Davies beaten by a soarcher from Mason. That was Charltons first goal of the season and after seven games Lambert finally found the back of the net...start of a roll?

Southampton 3 Oldham 0
Guly (28) (63) Cruz (45+1)

MOTM Fionte 7.40

Smethies back in goal Coleman back at right back Kakuta at left midfeild Tshabalala strength in depth? I think so great performance again Smethies refuses to concede and this time Cruz finally gets on the score sheet. I would like to see my strikers get more goals but with my defence so solid does it matter? Downside is Coleman will be out for between 8-12 weeks.

Walsal 0 Southampton 0

MOTM Barengrub

17th place also will be very happy with the draw Chamberlian and Lallana were my choice of wingers for this game but faild to produce. Benard Tshabalala and Kakuta all came on at half time and all missed golden chances to take three points. 5 points behind leaders Peterbrough now not happy.

Sothampton 1 Colchester 1
Lallana (56) Wordsworth (33)

It was the first time my sid had been behind all season so it was a test for them. They really rallyed in the second half Lallana was only on the pitch because of a injury to Guly but he made his mark. Kakuta and Lambert were both denied by the post but Colchester could have won it at the death a 93rd minute header just wide.

Leyton Orient 0 Southampton 2
MPoku (53red) Bernard (35,pen) Fonte (55)

MOTM Fonte 8:40

Barnard took the penalty for some reason but nice to see him getting on the scoresheet after dropping Cruz. Was easy in the end after Orient went down to ten men just disapointed the score was not larger. The crossbar denied Lanllana on the 93rd minute though.

The team that is making it all happen

Southampton1stteam.jpg

This is the side I will play if all fully fit but often the wide players change

The squad in full

saintssquad3.jpg

Saintssquad2.jpg

Table after 9 games

tableafter9games.jpg

The Southampton chairman is very happy with how things are going. If you was a fan would you be happy?
do you think they can maintain a push for promotion?
how long can get go without defeat?​

Last edited:
I would sign Petrucci as forward who can make an impact on loan.

Gd Story Keep it up M8|)

Great story mate, a couple of wins instead of the draws and your top. KIU!

Seamus was killer in my Norwich save.
Train him as a winger, even if he is only on loan. Was working out a treat for me. :)

Keep it up mate... but please stop plugging your story in mine.

Saints stroll to best month of the season so far

SaintsMascot.jpg

Southampton 1 Bornemouth 0
Bernard (59)

MOTM Butterfeild 7.90

Best perofrmance of the season cannot believe it only ended 1..0 cannot complain about anything great win espcially since Bornemouth were 6th before the game not to mention local rivals.

JPT.jpg

JPT Southampton 3 Yovil 1
Tshabalala (44) Connoly (46) (52) Williams (54)

MOTM Connolly 8.80

I would have loved to have stuck with the same eleven for this game. However it was just three days after so unfortuently I had to change the team a bit. The score line looks good but it could have all been different had Smethies not saved a 26 miinute penalty from Kalala. The changes were
David Connin tholly for Bernard it was the strikers first start of the season and he rewarded me with two goals. A claim to start the next league game ironically against Yovil.
Cruz came in for Lambert and hit the crossbar
Lallana came in for Kakuta
Schneiderlin was replaced my Butterfeild in defensive midfeild who had been swapped for Sabone
Puncheon had also replaced Guly in midfeild

Southampton 4 Yovil 2
Kakuta (17) Connolly (22 pen) Lallana (63) Fonte (87) Huntington (31) Bowdwitch (49)

MOTM Kakuta 8.70

More changes for this one Kakuta replaced Tshabalala who was away on international duty Davies was between the sticks as Semthies was with the England under 21s. Lambert came back in for Cruz Schneiderlin was back infront of my defence and Guly was in the middle. This meant Connolly kept his place and Lallana was switch from right to left. Good perfomance again concded two for the first time this season with Yovils only two shots on goal. Was a bit worried when they pulled it back from two down but won comfortably in the end.

Notts County 0 Southampton 2
Lambert (7) Lallana (11)

MOTM Lambert 8.90

Only change in this game was Smethies back in goal the game was all over after eleven minutes. County had only manged to score six times in the eleven games before this and with 15 minutes to go they even went down to 10 men simples. Down side to the game was Conolly rulled out for 4 weeks with an injury.

Southampton 3 Tranmere 0
Fonte (30) (80) Lambert (74)

MOTM Fonte 9.30

Lambert 2 goals in 2 games I also started Chamberlian for this as I want to give him a run of games J

Swindon 1 Southampton 3
Chamberlian (10) Lambert (43) (46) Sheehan (8)

MOTM Lambert 9.30

Caps of a great month for the Saints some how only second Peterbrough are a force in the league at the moment. Lambert has hit some form finally ! four goals in three games two crackers in this one. Was worried when I went a goal down so early but Chamberlian hit a great effort to get me back on terms so quickly. Still undefeated a would be happy but Sheffield Wednesday are also yet to loose. Who will buckle first....but Sheffield Wednesday are also yet to loose. Who will buckle first....

Review of the month

I cannot ask for anymore out of my player’s six wins on the trout outstanding. It has to be said have to give credit to Peterborough and Sheffield Wednesday though. Peterborough have won 12 wins in 14 leaving them 3 points above my side. Sheffield Wednesday have yet to taste defeat this season meaning they are only 2 points behind my side. I am also pleased to have made the 3rd round of the Johnsons paint trophy and nice to see Lambert has hit some form in recent games.

Gai.jpg

Saints manager slams Assulin Gai

The Southampton boss launched a string of attacks on Gai following in his words “broken promises” the Israel under 21 has been a free agent and agreed to join the Saints in the summer but a knee injury meant he failed his medical. Lewis had intended to sign the winger once he was fit and offered him a contract once he was fit. But Gai made a u-turn and joined French side Saint-Etienne

The Saints manager had this to say

“he broke promises he had a big chance to play for a great club and he slapped us in the face for the sake of more money”
“ I have brought in a number of places since taking over and all have been given there far crack in the first team, everyone understands the huge club Southampton is I just feel let down”

FAcup3rdrounddraw.jpg

Saints land Stevenage at home in F.A cup but face a tricky trip To Brighton in the Johnsons Paint.

The Saints boss will no doubt field a weakened side against football league new comers Stevenage but may have to stick to his first team against Brighton he had this to say on the draws.
“ It is a good draw for the first round it gives us a great chance to reach the second round but we won’t take them lightly”
On the Johnsons Paint draw he said
“ it will be a difficult game Brighton have a good home record but I hope we can progress”

Last edited: