Lambert drives Southampton into title bid

Lambertplayerofthemonth.jpg

“ the gaffer called me into the dressing room and told me my performances were poor” I said I would try my best then he hit me with “if you dont start scoring we are going to have to transfer list you as your paid to do a job your not doing”

MK Dons 0 Southampton 1
Lambert (24)

MOTM Smithies 8.10

Worst perofmance of the seaosn by far my players looked tired and out of sorts. I take some of the blame for not rining the chances but MK Dons were in a play-off position going into this game. Peterbrough and Sheffield Wednesday both won there fixtures so it was vital I got all three points. Lambert saved me I think he is repaying my faith in him. Smithies got the man of the match for some oustanding saves im delighted to have him at the club.

Southampton 2 Stevenage 0 F.A CUP
Cruz (45) Lallana (84)

MOTM Richardson 7.70

Please to come away with a win here alot of changes were made as players were tired. At one point Lallana was playing upfront as all my strikers fitness levels were to low. Not that it mattered as Lallana sealed the win for me in the end.

FAcup2rdrounddraw.jpg

The F.A Cup draw sent us all the way up north to the coldness of Blundell Park. A draw my players may not have been happy with but I was delighted. Grimsby is my home town and I make known secrets for supporting them. I was there the last time they was at Wembly in the 2...0 Johnsons paint trophy defeat. “ I cant wait to go up there it is a shame they have fallen so low but I hope they bounce back soon”

Brighton 1 Southampton 0 JPT
Barnes (33)

MOTMBarnes 7.30

Gutted out the cup I really thought I had a chance to win this. Player better football just could not hit the target. Played the first team feel a bit let down by them but the league is priority.

Southampton 2 Rochdale 2
Fonte (6) Lallana (50) O Grady (15) Elding (87)

MOTM Done 7.70

I played the same team in hope of a reponse what Iot was a shock Rochdale currently 19th really pulled there weight in this one. Not to mention they played the last 15 minutes with 10 men. Only saving grace was Sheffield Wednesday finally lost. Peterbrough though are now 5 points clear of my side.

Southampton 2 Huddersfeidl 1
Lambert (15) Tshabalala (22) Garner (2)

MOTMLambert 8.30

Smithies back at his former club Southampton without a win in two Huddersfeild 5 wins from last 6 and the worst possible start. Lucky Lambert laced in a brillaint free kick and Tshabalala with not such a bad goal either. Really thought I was in trouble at 1..0 but my players thought back well. Shame some might need rest for the big game next v Peterbrough. The game is niceley poised because Peterbrough conceded late on to Colchester meaning the gap is just three points.

THE BIG GAME

Just 17 games in and Peterbrough V Southampton is shaping up to be one of the biggest games of the season. Southampton currently sit 3 points behind in second on 41 points. There goal differnce however is much lower then there league rivals. + 23 comapared to a massvie +41 The records this season.

Southampton Played 17 Won 12 Drawn 5 scored 32 conceded 9 ubeaten in 17 league games

Peterbrough Played 17 won 14 Drawn 2 Lost 1 scored 49 conceded 8 unbeaten in 9 league games

KEY PLAYERS

Southampton

Fonte the centre back has 8 goals to his name this season aswell as being a rock at the back.

Lambert Started slow but has found form in recent weeks scoting 6 goals in less then two months

Smithies The Saints keeper has kept 10 clean sheets in 15 league games he will need to be on top form to maintain the best strike force in the league.

Peterbrough

Mclean18 goals in 17 starts aswell as 7 assisits the striker can grab a goal from nowere and has undouted pace. He will defiantly look to get behind the Saints back line.

Grant MccanThe midfield man has compled 79% of his passes this season has set up 9 goals for his team mates and got a respecable 4 goals from left midfield.

Ryan BennetThe reported Southampton target makes just under three key tackles a game. He is a massive reasn behind Peterbrough keeping 8 clean sheets in the league.

Key battle area on the pitch Midfeild

Whoever wins the midfield battle is sure to win this fixture. Southampton have good passes in midfield but two of them often just ping balls rather then getting forward. The Peterbrough Midfield is almost all out attack with having the greater passing ability they do pose a threat in shear numbers.

Prediction

Peterbrough 2 Southampon 1

Thematch.jpg

Delighted with the win defianltly my toughest game of the season really pleased for the lads

Saintsanalysis.jpg

My players tested there keeper from much closer in having said that I dont think it was there goalkeepers best day.

Peterbroughanalysis.jpg

If you look at that they really should have scored more credit to my keeper who kept out them out and my back line for making them miss the chances.

You can see the highlights at

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LXJOwpRbMo"]YouTube - Peterborough 1 - 2 Southampton - Match Highlights[/ame]

It is not really a fair reflection on the full highlits but at least you can see the goals

Peterbrough 1 Southampton 2
Bernard (22) Kakuta (50) Whelpdale (45)

MOTM Kakuta 7.60

Massive win like I said one of the kay players I mentioned before Bennet got sent off which made the last 15 alot easier to retain the ball and hold out for a win. I switched Kakuta into the centre and brought on Lallana on the left. Bernard had to go off at half time for Cruz as he was tired. The Tall journeyman set up the second.

Southamptongointorecordbooks.jpg

Wow a new league one record I thought my team was good when I put it together but I never thought this would happen.

Grimsby 1 Southampton 6
Lambert (7) (21) (32 pen) Watt (40 og) Barnard (64) Lallana (66) Akinson (60)

MOTM Lambert 9.60

My team has a week off before out game with Sheffield Wednesday after this so it enabled me to play my starting 11 (see screen shot on other post) about from Chamberlian in for Tshabalala as I looked to give him more vital game time. Slightly sad my biggest win as manager comes against my home town club but at least it gave the fans some entertainment. Lamberts first half hat tricks means he now has 10 for the season and ends the month as he started it.

The league table after 18 games

Leaguetableafter18games.jpg

Last edited:
Coral.jpg

One of footballers leading betting companies Coral has already paid out on Southampton to get promotion.

FAcup3rdrounddraw-1.jpg

Southampton handed league two Southend in 3rd round of the F.A cup after the draw the Southampton boss had this to say:

“ it is a good draw for us we have avoided a premier league outfit at this stage but we are away from home so I will have to get the players up for it”
Southampton 2 Sheffield Wednesday 0
Lallana (73) (88)

MOTM Lallana 9.00

My side were really poor in the first half against a team who had only lost once all season. I brought on Tshabalala at half time in replace of Guly who had picked up an injury. I had to switch Lallana to the right wing and Kakuta to the midfield but boy did they click after. The side were completely different in the second period. The first goal coming from a superb Tshabalala cross tapped in by the ever improving Lallana. The second goal was pure glass Wednesday had pushed almost everyone upfront and when the ball dropped at Lallanas feet he ran the length of the pitch and slotted past Weaver. After the game Guly was ruled out for 3 weeks.

Hartlepool 0 Southampton 2
Bernard(44) Lambert (60)

MOTM Lambert 8.30

I played the same side that ended the previous game against bottom club Hartlepool. There soon had to be a change though as Tshabalala was forced off with an injury. Chamberlain came on in his place and missed a sitter moments after coming on. He made up for it though by setting up Bernard with a killer ball the striker was soon forced off with an injury. Lambert made it 2..0 with great volley set up by Lallana as Southampton strolled to the win. Both players forced off will only miss two games. Hartlepool failing to score meant they had now not scored for 10 games (900 minutes)

Southampton 3 Dag & Red 0
Lallana (34) (80) Cruz (50)

MOTM 8.80

5th bottom Dag & Red never really threatened in this one. Chamberlain came in for Guly and Connolly came in for Bernard. Connolly himself was forced off though after just twenty minutes meaning Cruz had to come on. The half time team talk was made easy thanks to another Lallana goal. The second half they just went through the gears Cruz added a second and Lallana rounded off the scoring. Lallana is the second Saints player to reach ten goals for the season.

Brighton 0 Southampton 2
Connolly (36) Fonte (43)

MOTM Fonte 8.40

I told my players to get revenge for being knocked out the JPT and they did the same starting eleven that faced Dag & Red were in complete control.

Plymouth Played 22 won 15 drawn 4 lost 3 GF 39 GA 19 GD +20 Unbeaten in 11

Southampton played 22 won 17 drawn 5 GF 43 GA 10 GD + 33 Unbeaten all season

Southampton KEY PLAYERS

Tshabalala with Guly unfit to make a return to the starting 11 the South African international will have a key role to play down the left. He is excellent and dribbling and go also deliver a good cross.

Lambert The inform player has started to set up goals as well as score I will be looking for a team game from him in this one.

Lallana He cannot stop scoring in recent weeks. The winger has really improved as the season has gone on. His energy will be the key to my midfield if the game gets scrappy.

Plymouth KEY PLAYERS

Marcel Selp The left back has been Plymouths best player on average this season and with Tshabalala in front of him he faces arguably his biggest challenge of the season.

Bradley Wright Phillips The former Saints player has undoubted pace and although he could feature from the bench, if he comes on when players are tiring Southampton could have a real problem.

David Button The Plymouth goal keeper has kept 10 clean sheets in the league this season. On loan from Spurs he had relished his first team opportunity. Southampton however are the second highest scores in the league, so he will have to be on his game for a clean sheet in this one.
Prediction

Southampton 2 Plymouth 0

Reidputspressureonplayers.jpg

Ried puts pressure on his players to get the win

Southampton 6 Plymouth 0
Tshabalala (23) Connolly (28) (45+1) Johnson (og 31) Demerit (40) Lambert (83)

MOTM Connolly 9.40

What a win 3rd place Plymouth were never at the races 5..0 down at half time. My side has now gone half the season without defeat certainly a personal best for me as the manager but I still feel there is a long way to go. My side is still only leading the league by 2 points but now has a massive 10 points gap between myself and Plymouth in 3rd. The other plus I can take out of the game is my side is now catching up with Peterborough’s goal difference.

The goals can be seen at [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayMwp9DQv2s"]YouTube - Southampton 6 - 0 Plymouth - Match Highlights[/ame]

SaintshammerPlymouth.jpg

Saintsanalysis-1.jpg

To put it short we killed them best performance I have seen from my side and most likely will ever see from them.

Brentford 1 Southampton 2
Connolly (19) Fonte (60)

MOTM Fonte 8.10

Just two days after my 6..0 win I had a trip to Brentford. My players started well and Connolly got his 6th goal in 6 appearances may I should play him more? Guly looks to have played his last game for the club as Southampton cannot afford the fix fee to retain him. His parent club are at the moment unwilling to re loan the player. So Chamberlain could become a key player for the second half of the season.

LEAGUE TABLE AFTER 24 GAMES
leaguetableafter24games.jpg

Last edited:
finally top of theleague well done mate

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:42 PM ----------

by you mind looking at my new story and adding feedback

cheers

ok, btw how did u get Tshabalala for 140k because when i start a save hes worth 850k, and iv tried it three times :S ??

ok, btw how did u get Tshabalala for 140k because when i start a save hes worth 850k, and iv tried it three times :S ??

what update are you using?
and he was offered to me by his club for that price..

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Southampton 4 Bristol Rover 2
Lambert (26) Tshbalala (33) Lallana (50) Fonte (88)Smithies (og 10) Kuffor (72)

A rare smithies mistake handed Rovers the lead but Lambert was quick to score against his former club. Tshablala completed the turn around on 33 minutes. Kuffor made me a bit nervous with a good finish but Fonte rounded things off.

Southampton 1 Exeter 2
Demerit (64) Nardiello (54 pen) (89)

Noooo my unbeaten record is gone L still been a great season so far though

Southend 1 Southampton 3
Mohsni (22 og) Lambert (26) Cruz (50) Paterson (45+1)

MOTM Lambert 7.80

Well It was the perfect game to have after a defeat. My players did not cover themselves in glory though with a poor performance against a league two side. None the less it is a win and I am in the next round on with the league!

4th round draw
FAcup4throunddraw.jpg

Looks like I am set for another showdown with my title rivals Peterborough They have show a dip in form recently and I hope to win this one.

Carilse 0 Southampton 3
Lambert (42 pen) Demerit (55) Lallana (62)

MOTM Demerit 8.40

The first half performance was the worst I have seen from my side only one shot on goal and that was the penalty. I told the players exactly what I thought at half time and they played much better in the second. Not the best but the result is what counts. Lallana got on the score sheet again don’t known how happy I am about that really Sheffield United are chasing him.

Southampton 3 Charlton 0
Kakuta (8) Lambert (16) Lallana (82)

MOTM Lallana 8.00

Recovered well since the defeat scoring nine goals in three games. Kakuta scored a screamer to settle the nerves against a Charlton side involved in a relegation scrap. Lamberts goal tally now marks a man who does not look like he went 11 games and only scored once. Lallana is now joined top league goal scorer with him as the midfielder goals from strength to strength.

calum_davenport_1209930c.jpg

Davenport has had a really bad time in recent months. I hope to give him a chance to get back on track and fit with Southampton. He has time on his side and is not bad for a backup centre back. A free agent as well so did not have to break the bank for him.

Oldham 1 Southampton 1
Demerit (45) Feeney (18)

MOTM Demerit

Another poor performance still a great curled effort from Demerit to earn my side a point and only a brilliant save by their keeper stopped Lallana getting the winner.

Released Jahidi

Southampton 2 Walsal 0
Bernard (22) Lambert (30)

MOTM Lambert 8.00

Despite Lambert declaring he wants to leave he still got on the scoresheet going to try keep him until next season though.

Southampton 1 Peterborough 0
Demerit (42)

MOTM Demerit 8.50

Great win for me into the 5th round ! can I avoid a premiership in the draw..

Saints Draw Norwich

FAcup5throunddraw.jpg

Norwich are not doing the best in the Championship and with the backing of the fans can Southampton reach the next round?
LEAGUE TABLE AFTER 30 GAMES
leaguetableafter30games.jpg

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------[/COLOR]

emm iv not changed anything, im just using the standard update from when i bought it
and good update, looks like you have got league 1 in the bag,

Last edited:

emm iv not changed anything, im just using the standard update from when i bought it
and good update, looks like you have got league 1 in the bag,

I am using 12.2 I think that might be why

Doing really well pal and winning lots of your games, yuoll deffo get promoted pal.