Reaction score
200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

Southampton Football Club
Why Southampton? Southampton are a club I admire for it's production of some of Britain's best players. Alan Shearer, Matt Le Tissier, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gareth Bale, Wayne Bridge, Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse are all notable past and present players. Southampton have set teams alight with their performances this season after returning to the Premier League in 2012 after a seven year exile which saw relegation to League One and administration trouble the club before the late Markus Liebherr saved the club before passing away. I will be playing as myself in this save. This save may last a few months or a few years, we shall see.
OBJECTIVES: (Updated per season)
SEASON ONE:
PREMIER LEAGUE: TOP TEN FINISH
CAPITAL ONE CUP: SEMI FINALS
FA CUP: FIFTH ROUND

banner-skysports_1.png

cortese_2561941b.jpg

Southampton have confirmed that Nicola Cortese has resigned as executive chairman, casting the future of manager Mauricio Pochettino into serious doubt.
The Argentinian, who previously had said he would quit the club if Cortese departed, left St Mary's without commenting on his own future.

Owner Katharina Liebherr has taken on the role of non-executive chairman while the club searches for a new chief executive officer.

"With great regret we have accepted the resignation of Mr Cortese," Liebherr told the club website."He (Cortese) has done a wonderful job and we very much wanted him to stay. A search has now begun for a successor. "It is business as usual and we will ensure that the manager, team and staff at the club have all the help and support they need." Relations are understood to have broken down irrevocably between Cortese and Liebherr, who took over as owner after the death of her father Markus in 2010.
Cortese became executive chairman in 2009 having been instrumental in Liebherr's acquisition of the club earlier that year, and has since overseen the club's rise from League One to the Premier League.
There was talk of Cortese considering his position in May, and Pochettino subsequently warned he too would leave Southampton if the executive chairman chose to do so. The Argentinian, appointed as successor to Nigel Adkins in January 2013, said last year: "I would not understand staying in this role if Nicola was not here. "The person that actually called me from the start, told me about the project and put their faith in me was Nicola. "I have great respect as well for Southampton, the club and the supporters, but Nicola has been the one that has placed his trust and faith in me. "I wouldn't see myself in this club if it was not for him. "I think I am a very transparent person, a very honest person. "We are on the same wavelength about the club and the future of the club so it really would not make any sense if I was at this club and he was not." Having entered administration just prior to the Liebherr takeover, Southampton began Cortese's first season as executive chairman with a 10-point deduction but soon rose from the bottom of the third tier.They achieved back-to-back promotions in 2010/11 and 2011/12 as Adkins, brought in as a replacement for Alan Pardew, guided them to the Championship and then Premier League. After the controversial sacking of Adkins, Pochettino led the Saints to a 14th-placed finish last term, with them ending their comeback top-flight campaign five points clear of the relegation zone.Southampton are set to start the season on Saturday against title favourites Manchester City

bbc_56879.jpg

pochettino_2465660b.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino resigns as Southampton manager
Argentinian leaves Saints after Nicola Cortese departure, club appoint Stephen Gibbs
Mauricio Pochettino has left Southampton after the departure of chairman Nicola Cortese. Pochettino previously stated he'd resign if Cortese left and he has kept his promise. Pochettino replaced Nigel Adkins who was controversially sacked as Saints boss in January and kept the Saints in the Premier League finishing in 15th place. Pochettino released a statement via the PFA saying
It's a shame my time with Southampton had to come to a premature end but Nicola brought me into the club and I can't work here without him. I wish Southampton the best of luck in the future.
Southampton have appointed U18 manager Stephen Gibbs as manager on a one year deal.

200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

Season 2013-14
TRANSFERS
575895d1399740322-southampton-breeding-winners-southampton_-transfers-transfer-history.png

575900d1399740342-southampton-breeding-winners-ashkan-dejagah_-overview-profile.png

- Loaned him in as a backup winger
575908d1399740404-southampton-breeding-winners-simone-pepe_-overview-profile.png

- Loaned him in as a backup winger
575914d1399740437-southampton-breeding-winners-danny-ings_-overview-profile.png

- Ings is young and likely to replace Rickie Lambert
575931d1399740563-southampton-breeding-winners-fraser-forster_-overview-profile.png

- Brought in as competition for Artur Boruc
575940d1399740684-southampton-breeding-winners-ryan-bennett_-overview-profile.png

- Young English defender, Premier League quality
575944d1399740764-southampton-breeding-winners-sean-morrison_-overview-profile.png

- Brought in with Bennett to replace Yoshida and Hooiveld
575947d1399740846-southampton-breeding-winners-neil-taylor_-overview-profile.png

- Brought in as competition for Luke Shaw

JANUARY SIGNING - (Option to buy 3.2m)
Gyfli Sigurosson
View attachment 385639

League Table
576960d1399824791-southampton-breeding-winners-untitled.png

We ended up finishing tenth which I'm unhappy with as we challenged for the top six for a while but my objective was a top ten finish which has been achieved.

TOP GOALSCORER - RICKIE LAMBERT (38 apps, 17 goals)
576962d1399824991-southampton-breeding-winners-rickie-lambert_-overview-profile.png

PLAYER OF THE SEASON - GASTON RAMIREZ (33 league apps, 13 goals, 10 assists, 7.13 rating)
View attachment 385638