Eddie Money

Reaction score
hey guys

i need a defender right/centre, an attacking mid right, and a striker for southampton. 1st season, 1.2 mil to spend and 21k spare wage budget, whats the best in these positions i can get for free/cheap?

im not used to playing the lower leagues, so thats why i ask :)
thanks for any help ;)

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

anybody?

Abubakari Yakubu, great right back and can fulfil centre back role
Klemen Lavric, Great Striker
Paulo Pezzolano, Good Midfielder wherever you put him

All Free

Olivier Kapo would do a good job for you on a free

My Southampton team is going great. I won the JPT and reached 5th round of FA Cup. Below is league table proving the signings I made work and the list of players I bought. As I signed a lot of frees, I used the transfer budget for wages.

View attachment 117236 View attachment 117237

thanks a lot guys :) the db has eng/fra/ger/ita/spa open on medium data base but no griffiths or pezzolano :(
going for lavric, kapo and yakubu tho, all looking good for free for league 1 :) le fondre if i have to spend money ;)

Fabrice Pancrate is a free transfer and is a beast. Plays AMR

Abubakari Yakubu is a free transfer and is also a beast. Plays DR or DC.

Leo Aro was signed on a free as a backup striker. I also signed Chris Wood on season long loan from West Brom.

I play Koflok's Goals Galore so only use 1 striker.

No matter your midfield, I strongly recommend both Enzo Maresca and Paulo Pezzolano for central midfield with Maresca also being able to play as DM. Both have been immense. Simply immense. Also get Jay DeMerit for centre back - He has scored 17 goals for me and is awesome as a centre back.

thats a lot of signings ytfc! will look into others if needed though ty :)

maresca ima go for too, maybe demerit. no pezzolano for some reason :(

this is what i did...going all good thanks for the help :) lavric is awesome!

My Southampton team is going great. I won the JPT and reached 5th round of FA Cup. Below is league table proving the signings I made work and the list of players I bought. As I signed a lot of frees, I used the transfer budget for wages.

View attachment 117236 View attachment 117237

Im sorry but looking at the players you have signed, im slightly confused on how you have got some of them how you did.

Are you really telling me you got Vito Mannone on a free transfer from Arsenal?? im pretty sure they wouldnt release him or let him go for free :S

EDIT: and richard stearman on a free aswell from wolves??

Im sorry but looking at the players you have signed, im slightly confused on how you have got some of them how you did.

Are you really telling me you got Vito Mannone on a free transfer from Arsenal?? im pretty sure they wouldnt release him or let him go for free :S

That does look weird, but he could have gotten them via transfer bug.

They were both transfer listed and available for free. Mannone is **** btw. And no need to apologise.

I am confused as to how you play FM2011 and yet from your words you find it surprising that some players become available for free every single transfer window.

Last edited:
I've not had time to read through everyone's replies, but Jeremie Aliadiere (spelling?) is awesome in League 1 if you can get him. I think he was a free transfer if I remember correctly. His pace is lethal in League 1 and he'll bang them in in Championship too..... if you can keep him fit!