lufcberg22

Reaction score

So ive decided to start a career as Southampton in the EPL. The reason why is i had a good look round for a team what is going in the right direction and a team who you can rely on good youth back ground, Southampton was straight into my head. (This is just going to be a simple career update more than a story) . My computer is not the best and struggling to upload pics as ive not done any update on my laptop for years. Anyway this is how my first season went (currently in the start of my 2nd) .

Transfers in & out

Timo Horn - ?3.8m
Carles Planas - ?200k
Eder Alvarez Balanta - ?6.5m
Younes Belhanda

FA Cup - 3rd Round lost to Hull City
Carling Cup - Final lost to Arsenal
Premier League - 8th

Signings: Didnt want to make mega changes to the team as i wanted my team to develop as much as possible. Brought in Balanta as i thought my CB needed building as a great signing in Balanta. Timo Horn was my number 1 all season and he has developed into a fantastic keeper. Planes bought for back up to Luke Shaw.

Season overview: finished 8th in the league missing out on the Europa League buy 1 point which was gutting. Lots of positives though from the team and certain players eg Clyne, Shaw, JWP and Jay Rodriguez. Was 2nd going into the new year but a bad 2nd half to the season cost us. Shocking FA Cup run thats all i can say for that. Different carling cup run though where we did brilliant to get to the final to get beat by Arsenal. That could of put us in the Europa League.

Best players were JWP, Top scorer Jay Rodriguez, Nathaniel Clyne & Timo Horn

Clyne got into the World Cup squad along with Rodriguez and Clyne had a great world cup so teams like Liverpool, City, Chelsea are after him.

Season 14/15

Transfers in & out

Fran Brodic - ?425k
Ciro Immobile - ?4m
Martin Demichelis - loan
Lewis Baker - ?775k
Emmanuel Riviere - loan

Danny Fox - ?750k
Dani Osvaldo - ?8.5m
Billy Sharp - ?1m
Emmanuel Mayuka - ?3.5m

So im hoping for a better season this year. Hoping to get a europa league place at lease and to win one of the domestic cups. Managed to give JWP, Clyne and Rodriguez new contracts. Loaned my future star Fran Brodic to west ham, Brought in Immobile from torino in italy as he can fire me some goals upfront and think he can become as star. Brought in Demichellis from city on loan as ive got with 3 CB this season and gives great experience. Lewis Baker came in from chelsea. Hoping to develop him to become a good player to the team. Riviere was the last signing, coming in from the rich club monaco on loan. Always has good belief in him to become a good player.

Will update in january

cheers