Southampton FC, a tactical exercise on FM15

As I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't been posting recently. I have my gcses to do and I have decided that it is time to bring an end to this thread. Thank you all so much for the support and getting me to 100k views, I will continue to answer any questions. Thanks, and goodbye :)

Alejandro Maxim

Pedro Obiang is a beast of a CM he can play DM too... i play JWP as an AM with the AP option... he moves into channels and has the most assists on my team.. i have bought a young player called Diego Rubio he is a good young player from Lisbon.. he is a striker, i have Balenta on my team and hes pretty good, Verratti i have on loan. But Alejandro Maxim is a gem of a player he scores in every game i occasionally play him in i always play him in the big games and he always saves my *** when needed!

Pedro Obiang is a beast of a CM he can play DM too... i play JWP as an AM with the AP option... he moves into channels and has the most assists on my team.. i have bought a young player called Diego Rubio he is a good young player from Lisbon.. he is a striker, i have Balenta on my team and hes pretty good, Verratti i have on loan. But Alejandro Maxim is a gem of a player he scores in every game i occasionally play him in i always play him in the big games and he always saves my *** when needed!

Which formation do you use? Sounds like a 4-2-3-1

Pedro Obiang

Which formation do you use? Sounds like a 4-2-3-1

I play with 4-4-2 diamond DM narrow, my back up tactic is 4-1-4-1, Obiang is either the CM or the DM but hes always with the ball winning option and he very rarely gets injured. What about yourself? (H)

I have been experimenting with 3 at the back formations. I don't really like signing full backs as they are hard to find and tend to be overpriced

Tonight I read your whole thread. Brilliant! I loved the way you started and talked about your Southampton save. A shame that you could not follow it up. I thought you were very pleased with your 4-2dm-3-1 formation? Did you not continue with that or was it not successfull? I thought it would be great for Wanyama and Schneiderlin to play in. I would be interested to know if you continued with it. I have not played FM for a long time but your initial Southamton story wet my apetite :). I will now start a new save with the Saints and I will not stop until I get my hands on the Champions League trophy

Tonight I read your whole thread. Brilliant! I loved the way you started and talked about your Southampton save. A shame that you could not follow it up. I thought you were very pleased with your 4-2dm-3-1 formation? Did you not continue with that or was it not successfull? I thought it would be great for Wanyama and Schneiderlin to play in. I would be interested to know if you continued with it. I have not played FM for a long time but your initial Southamton story wet my apetite :). I will now start a new save with the Saints and I will not stop until I get my hands on the Champions League trophy

Thank you so much! I did not continue my Southampton managerial career for much longer as I had GCSEs to focus on, however if you and the rest of the FM Base community would like me to, I would happily start it again, so if anyone would like me to start afresh with Southampton, please tell me

That would be great! I would love to follow another story about The Saints. One of my best friends here in Sweden played for Southamton for a couple of years. Since then the Saints have a special place in my heart and I keep follow them closely :)

That would be great! I would love to follow another story about The Saints. One of my best friends here in Sweden played for Southamton for a couple of years. Since then the Saints have a special place in my heart and I keep follow them closely :)

Nice to hear! Alright, I will start one soon

So here we are, the sequel to my original Southampton save. I am very excited to continue this, however I must confess that my tactics aren't as strong as they used to be. Nevertheless, I have already had the meetings with the owner and assistant manager. The philosophies were as expected and I am more than happy with them.
View attachment 241486

Signing young players is very fun, and so is bringing in youngsters from the academy. I'll try to stick to players under the age of 24 so that the players we sign can improve and be sold on for profits.

I need to shake up the staff to get the best coaches I can. I may also change my assistant manager. After that, I will look at the squad and use it to decide my tactics and transfers. On with the Saints!

So I have taken a look at the squad and decided to base my formation and playing style on my key players. First up - Wanyama.

View attachment 241482

What a great player he is! He is such a formidable block in the centre of midfield. I would like to play him in his best role as a ball winning midfielder. His midfield partner will be Morgan Schneiderlin

View attachment 241481

Schneiderlin's best role is said to be as a box to box midfielder, however I disagree. I don't think he is that great at attacking (as his finishing and dribbling shows) but I think he would be great as a player who sits deep and dictates tempo. The next player I want to discuss is my main creator - Dusan Tadic.

View attachment 241480

Tadic is a great creator, and very versatile. He can play in many positions and with 17 vision he will provide many chances for the team. He will be played as an advanced playmaker from the wing. Finally, the big man up front, Pelle

View attachment 241479

If it wasn't for his lack of pace and dribbling ability, Pelle would be the complete striker. He can pass, head and finish. Due to his dribbling issues, I do not want him to have too much time on the ball, but I do want him to hold up the ball and spread it to the supporting players. This means that I can either use him as a target man or defensive forward. I will decide his role based on the rest of the team. I will need to sit down and figure out how to make a tactic built around these four players, and will test the tactic in 3 virtual days in our first friendly

I have honestly lost passion for fm 15. I don't really wanna continue this save and instead will simply renew it for fm 16

So as promised, I will renew this for fm 16, however I need a new team. A repeat of Southampton would be acceptable, however Palace and West Ham are two clubs which I'd also love to manage. Which one should I choose? And I think I may make a youtube channel, so which team would you like to see me manage there? Please give me some feedback, it'd be really helpful!