Southampton FC- Journey to the Champions League- Part 3

Reaction score
TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

Transfer Deadline day proved to be everything that it is made out to be! with deals being done across the nation!

Southampton manager, Keelan Mee, struck a deal to sign highly-rated Mexican striker Carlos Fierro, On loan from Chivas, with an option to buy the youngster for 8million at any time during the loan spell.

Mee had this to say about his latest signing:
"Carlos has huge potential right now, and personally I believe that playing in the Premier League can really help to go on to be one of the worlds best some day! and hopefully, that come happen here at Southampton. I'd really like to sign him on a Permanent deal later in the future. I wish him a good and long stay here at St.Mary's.View attachment 342229
Despite the capture, Two Fan Favorites left the club. Center backs, Jose Fonte and Jos Hooiveld, who went on to Crystal Palace and Portuguese club, Braga.

View attachment 342230View attachment 342231

Keelan Mee spoke of their Departures as a loss for the club and Wishes them the best for the future.

August

Chelsea 5-2 Southampton

August and the start of the season kicked off with an extremely disappointing 5-2 lose to the European Champions, Chelsea. Despite the teams going in at the break with the scoreline at 2-2, Chelsea proved they were the stronger team with a convincing second half display.

Southampton 2-1 Aston Villa

Southampton got their season up and going after a pleasing 2-1 win at St. Mary's with goals from Rickie Lambert and Gaston Ramirez.

Southampton 4-1 Crystal Palace

Southampton also got their Capital One Cup season underway with a stunning 4-1 win over Crystal Palace at St.Mary's. A Rickie Lambert Double, and singles from Darren Bent and Gaston Ramirez proved to be to much for the failing eagles.

Part 4 will be coming up very soon..

Just a suggestion but might be better to put the story in one thread rather than multiple threads.