yltan

Reaction score
Just started a new save with Southampton and I've been given a 13 million budget. I'm using LFCMarshall's latest update, so any recommendations on who to sign? So far I've only identified Helenius and Okore as targets.

You dont specify positions so Ill offer ideas in every one:

GK: Pierrick Cros (but train distribution for about a season)/Enyeama

LB: Carles Planas/Kiko Femenia/Sime Vrsaljko (may be too expensive for you) -play on either side/ Laurens De Bock.
RB: Chris Solly/C. Dibon
CB: Strandberg (an absolute MUST)/Sviatchenko/Almeback/Alex Milosevich/Enzo Andia/Bellusci
DM: Mate Simao (wp issues maybe)/Guido Pizarro/Rainford Kalaba/Andile Jali
AMR/L/WINGERS: Thomas Drage/Fabbrini/Nathan Dyer (may be too expensive in first season)/Muralha 1.8 release clause.
CF: Iago Aspas (8.2m release clause so can be bought using instalments for whole price/Maupay (1.29m compensation - an absolute MUST. 15yo and can be a goal machine from the get go)/Sassa (Botafogo. 18 yo 4.4m release, Awesome)/Kweuke (4.2 mil if you wait as he becomes transfer listed within a couple of weeks. Look in my below thread for advise on how to get him - A beast of a player)/N'Djeng/C. Danalache.

Or look here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/109333-manumads-box-sweets.html

You dont specify positions so Ill offer ideas in every one:

GK: Pierrick Cros (but train distribution for about a season)/Enyeama

LB: Carles Planas/Kiko Femenia/Sime Vrsaljko (may be too expensive for you) -play on either side/ Laurens De Bock.
RB: Chris Solly/C. Dibon
CB: Strandberg (an absolute MUST)/Sviatchenko/Almeback/Alex Milosevich/Enzo Andia/Bellusci
DM: Mate Simao (wp issues maybe)/Guido Pizarro/Rainford Kalaba/Andile Jali
AMR/L/WINGERS: Thomas Drage/Fabbrini/Nathan Dyer (may be too expensive in first season)/Muralha 1.8 release clause.
CF: Iago Aspas (8.2m release clause so can be bought using instalments for whole price/Maupay (1.29m compensation - an absolute MUST. 15yo and can be a goal machine from the get go)/Sassa (Botafogo. 18 yo 4.4m release, Awesome)/Kweuke (4.2 mil if you wait as he becomes transfer listed within a couple of weeks. Look in my below thread for advise on how to get him - A beast of a player)/N'Djeng/C. Danalache.

Or look here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/109333-manumads-box-sweets.html

Thanks man, I'll have a look at your suggestions later on. Which club does Strandberg play for? I can't seem to find him on the game. I think as Southampton, my priority signings should be wingers.

Look at the players Shakhtar transfer list, especially Ilsinho and Eduardo! I bought both, and Eduardo got top prem scorer with 27 goals in the 1st season! (With Swansea). Also have a look at Fierro and Maupay!

I also got Toure on loan, paying £30k a week of his wages, then signed him for free when his contract expired at the end of the season for £20k a week!

Strandberg plays for Rosenborg in Norway. You should always have Norway's top league loaded as there are LOADS of youngsters who are great and become greater who go for very little money.

If you are at your start of your Southampton save and you havent loaded Norway then Id advise to restart it with it loaded.

Scotty98TR has a point about both the players he mentioned. Ilsinho is a winger and would fit you perfectly.

1) I would look to bring Drage (look in my thread to see how to get him for less than a mil), Ilsinho and D' Alessandro (if they sell him to you for less than 6m with instalments) - you are set for the wings.
2) Id look to get Mattia De Sciglio (wb/fb either side) on loan from AC Milan, he's a god plus if you want another one De Bock (abt 1.5 m with instalments).
3) Strandberg goes for around 800k and is really worth at least 10 times that. Sviatchenko for about 450k
4) Id seriously consider Maupay (and Sassa is a god)