Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 out of 10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chr1ssulli

Reaction score
first season with southampton on football manager '10. First off i looked at the current team that i had and compared them with the likes of leeds, i realized that because of the 10 point penalty on the saints for going into administration i would have to have a team that is of championship quality which would work hand in hand with helping me be prepared for next season.

When thinking about the team i didn't really want to sell any of the players and make the team feel that the harmony around the club was bad so i discarded any of the transfer rumors about my players unless they were in my reserve side and that i felt that they wouldn't feature.

In the end i did bring in five players unfortunately they are all on loan. I did only get two players on loan at the start of the season but injury to saganowski(three months out with damages achilles tendon) and lambert (3months out with an ankle injury, which he picked up after scoring an equalizer against Millwall) meant that i needed to bring in depth into the attacking corner as i have connolly who is injured but back in 2 weeks and frequently gets injured and papa wagio whos only real attributes are pace and finishing plus i do like to use wagio as a winger but coming into play as an extra support with his pace. I also had patterson but hes only 19 and has played 11 senior games in his whole career. so i brought in febian brandy from manchester united on a three month loan deal so he would cover the injures to saga and rickie.

The other area i improved was the defence, with 3 of my centre backs being 30+ it meant that they were lacking pace so i brought in Richie De Laet, James Chester from manchester united for the whole of the season as i have been given a budget of 1.5million and i think ill get a larger amount next season to compete in the championship.

Aims:

Well the board have set out an aim for the play offs and nothing else so they haven't given me the option of winning the league which i would of liked in order to have more money.

Media prediction is 6th so im expected to get play offs and i should get that at the very least.

The hardest part will be the first games trying to catch up with the other teams and get into a reasonable position from the very start.

Aim for the first 5 games will be to be unbeaten and be on 0 points so 3 wins would put us in a good position.

VIEW FIXTURES/RESULTS

View attachment 53131

i go into the season in good form, six wins out of six, not against the hardest of team but the morale has to be high from the start as it will be demoralizing being bottom of the pack for at least 3 games.
The main point i pick up from the fixtures is that the results seem to get better and better, so fingers crossed.

first five games in the league went well with four wins and a draw. good wins but the draw against swindon was a disapointment considering that they are now bottom and that we had 5 clear cut chances (shows how we miss saga and rickie in that game).

main plus though is.......

The first result against millwall was a strong win, against a hard team and then going behind 1-0

View attachment 53135

However the main worry in that game was the shock amount of possession i had only 44%.
After that i thought that it called for some instant action take a look....

this was the first tactic i had.....

View attachment 53134

the aim of this was for my team to play attractive football but with their ability i thought that it would work in there favour. However against brighton it was going well 2 goals to the good then losing possession and missing clear cut chances brighton hit us on the counter, 2-3 loss to brighton at home was a shocking game but i take part of the blame not closing the door and just wanting my players to destroy them. This game against brighton made me realise that it would be tough for my team to do well with this tactic against good teams in the league so i changed it to....

View attachment 53133

then since that millwall game i won 3 and drew 1 in the league.
A 1-0 win against hereford wasnt the best result but we went through and the main aim was to keep strong and keep a clean sheet which we did rather comfortably.

ill update with the next bunch of fixtures with colchester(1st) at home, charlton(2nd) away, Yeovil(21st) at home.

Colchester and Charlton will be the tough games coming and yeovil has to be a must win at home.

Top goal scorers:
Rhys Murphy(on loan from arsenal) -----2 (2 starts and 2 sub appearance)
Lloyd James(Midfielder)-------------------2 and 1 assist (3 appearances)
Febian Brandy(on loan from man u)-----2 and 3 assist (4 starts, 1 sub appearance)
Adam Lallana(midfielder)-----------------1 and 1 assist (3 starts, 1 sub appearance)
Rickie Lambert(Injured)------------------1(1 appearance)
David Connolly-----------------------------1(1 appearance)

League Table:[/n]
20th in the league after the ten points off i think it looks rather good, out of the relegation spot.

View attachment 53132

Last edited:
cheers ryangiggs11 and ride the walrus. its the official feb patch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.