DualBlades

Reaction score
As the title says guys, i've somehow managed to get Southampton in the Premiership during two seasons in charge. I am in the 2012/2013 season, and basically I am going to get ripped to shreds and need some quality players. Last season, had quality Arsenal loans helping me and now i'm the in prem my association with Arsenal has been cut.

What I have to spend:

33million / 250k wages

I am not particularly looking for any position, (2 sick strikers is v.important atm though) but I am looking for a number of top quality players that I can progress through the Premier League with. My aim is to avoid relegation, but really want some top quality players that can help me push further up the table. Would be good too get a few already established players and possibly the odd young player who is going to be one of the worlds best.

This is my current squad:

SouthamptonSouthampton_Players.png

Thanks!

I'd say you need 2 strikers and a central midfielder and a leftback, so Annan for MC, Alex Sandro for DL, and try Kadlec, Cristian Fabbiani or Henok Goitom for ST.

is christian benitez avaliable to sign? if so go for him, goal machine :D

if i was you mate i would adjust my budget... youve 33 million to buy player but wages will kill you..any well established players will be lookin over 50k per week. Now i know you can get aaron ramsey on loan from arsenal at the start of that year adn abou diaby for 4 million if he hasnt been sold already.. go to player search and select players with contracts expired. sort them by international appearances, start at the top and work your way down. you can usually pick up a few decent signings..darron gibson, that really good ajax goalie and all should be available if i remember correctly.. if you wana cheat just download genie scout 11 but it really does ruin all the fun..

Cheers for the names lads, will look into them.

Benitez and a few others don't want to go into talks over a contract with me, bad times. :/

Cheers for the names lads, will look into them.

Benitez and a few others don't want to go into talks over a contract with me, bad times. :/

in that case you defo need to check the free agents mate.. you need to be looking at players over 30, can get them cheap and they will still to the job for you. as soon as you get yourself established in that league and your reputation increases players will be lining to sign for the mighty saints

DL - Bjornar Holmvik, Fabian Monzon, Emil Johansson, Felix Bastians, Luis Ibanez, Lukas Schmitz, Behrang Safari
DC - Michael Almeback(cheap and good!)
MC - Axel Witsel, Kofi Agyei, Tinga, Adrien, Y. Sankhare
AML/AMR - Spas Delev, Urretaviscaya, Yohann Mollo, Dejan Skolnik, Gonzalo Zarate, Eduardo Salvio
ST - Garra Dembele, Ahmed Khalil, Jordan Ayew, Martin Galvan, Kramaric

LOL , you have Quinton Fortune XD
Joking aside , have a look through the free agents and transfer listed players.
They should be some good players available for cheap , and more than likely be willing to sign for you.

Yeah, I got him when I was in league 1 on a free. Never really bothered trying to get rid of him. :p

leigh griffiths is guaranteed to get you goals, John Fleck is a brilliant support striker/ AMC so hes worth a look. I would rummage around players whos contracts are close to expiring. im in my 5th season with the saints and have done the treble. Your deffence looks a bit week so i would suggest getting galeano or guilermo burdisso. 2 top quality CBs. In my experience chamberlain hasn't turned great, but Kiko Femenia is a very promising winger.

Got a team containing keirrison, farfan, moussa sissoko, sanogo. All of these were obtained by just having a look at transfer listed players, or players whos contracts are close to expiring.

Chamberlain does turn great with the correct tutoring and some luck with his PA, I got him tutored by Olivier Kapo, Esteban Granero and Morgan Schneiderlin, however he only gets good enough to til he is about 23.

Could you post a screenshot of Chamberlain if it ain't too much bother please?
Be interesting to see how well he's developed , have you been giving him much playin time?

how did u get leo aro i can never get him on my database!

Yeah, happy to help out.

AlexChamberlainProfile_Attributes.png

He was given 28 appearances last year and his stats have barely improved, but he did v.well for my last season in the championship. Got a few goals, plenty of assists and ended up with around an average rating of 7.10. Did alot of research on the forums concerning him before I started playing and yeah, takes a few years like someone above posted to start really developing, but so far he's been a valuable player for me.

Could you post a screenshot of Chamberlain if it ain't too much bother please?
Be interesting to see how well he's developed , have you been giving him much playin time?

Me or him? I gave him about 30-35 apps every season say 10 as starter and the rest as sub (I would play him on either wing or in the middle). He just earned a starting berth in 2016 I think it was. I'll send you a screenie tomorrow or later today when I get home.

Yeah, happy to help out.

AlexChamberlainProfile_Attributes.png

He was given 28 appearances last year and his stats have barely improved, but he did v.well for my last season in the championship. Got a few goals, plenty of assists and ended up with around an average rating of 7.10. Did alot of research on the forums concerning him before I started playing and yeah, takes a few years like someone above posted to start really developing, but so far he's been a valuable player for me.

I would consider loaning him out , you want to give him playing time so he can develop quicker but will he be good enough in the Prem? If you loan him out , make sure he will become a valuable member of the squad , at least then he can develop without hindering your own team performances as you will have some better players than him.