Southampton second season - £11.5M to spend!

RyanAFC

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finished my first season 16th after a rather poor run saw me winless in 10. The final 10 games of the season I only drew 1 and won 9 so gained safety eventually. I now need players to sign, and with the budget handy I think I can sign a few.

Boruc played well, but I would like a better goalkeeper and save him for backup ideally. I loaned Luke Shaw out for the season to Derby and he got rave reviews so am fine for LB and Nathaniel Clyne is improving too at RB so i'm fine there too. Jos Hooveild and Jose Fonte done quite well but I'm keen to sign an CB as a starter and drop one to the bench.

Midfield isn't an issue with Ramirez, Ilsinho, Grobkruetz (Signed in Jan) and Llallana as well as Schniederlin, but I would like to sign a couple of players for the bench as I'm quite scarce for midfield ringers.

Ricky Lambert is playing up top for me and with 16 in 36 after going 14 games without a goal I could use a forward too. Wellington Nem is playing up top with him and he bagged 10 in 37 with 9 assists so a rotational striker would be preferred.

These are my negotiations so far, all of which were on the transfer list!

View attachment 339505

Cheers for the help guys!

Bought Okore, Muntari, Benayoun and Paloshi for £8.5m. Think they will be all my signings for now.