Mykeywinst

Reaction score
I have developed a tactic using the basics from the ChristianEriksen V3 as I liked the effectiveness of the attacking corners, the tactic itself wasn't doing me many favours. I am at the start of January in my first season and currently 3rd in the League, behind Spurs and an unbeaten Chelsea side. Whether I will die out before the end of the season or not, I don't know but so far it's surprisingly positive. The negatives lie in conceding goals from crosses in open play and corners, and Full Backs backing off more than I would like, although I don't want them to mark tight as I fear for large amounts of space behind them if they do so.

If anyone has any tips or advice, please read on and leave any comments!

View attachment 330794

I have stuck with the same 4-1-2-2-1 formation, as I think with full backs that like to push up and get involved in attacks, it's crucial to have a DM in there to keep everything together and not leave yourself too open to a counter attack.

View attachment 330793

For my team instructions, Retain Possession and Work Ball Into Box are the two main ones for the way I want to play. I also have Pass Into Space on as I have quite a bit of creativity with Schneiderlin and Ward-Prowse in the centre of the park.

Look For Overlap comes with having attacking minded full backs, especially Clyne getting forward often, I didn't want to stop him from playing to the best of his potential. Roam From Positions I have on, as I believe I have quite a lot of technical ability in the side and want to try and unlock as much creativity as possible with this.

Close Down Much More and Close Down More are the two I use, usually Much More. Tight Marking and Prevent Short GK Distribution come with wanting to a side that closes down fast and high up the pitch.

Be More Expressive also because I have Roam From Positions so I thought the two would go together quite well.

Player Instructions involve Pass It Shorter for the two full backs, DM and ST, nobody else though. The two FB's have Tackle Harder too as I am trying to get them not too stand off the wingers too much, as 90% of my goals come from crosses towards the near post.

The two CM's, Wingers and ST all have Close Down More, with the two CM's having Shoot Less Often on to encourage more creative passing from them.

View attachment 330784

View attachment 330783

View attachment 330782

it looks as if you ordered your team to attack relentlessly and take every risk to score, but failed to adjust to that...you start your game from middle of the pitch, to far from opponent goal, and probably lose the ball before it even reaches there...your duties aren't properly set, most of your players look to make transition, and not enough are attacking to use those chances...you use look for overlap which is good for braking stubborn defences by using extra width from sidebacs, but if you get attacked, they will prolly be out of position and not able to guard opposition wide players...you also use stay on feet which means your players make a lot of fouls, and since your defensive line is at the middle, probably in a rather dangerous area, allowing freekicks...you also use tight marking, at which your players are probably not trained in, and good players in your league easily dispose of...