Yianni

Reaction score
This is a tactic for Southampton that won me the Npower championship very comfortably (21 points) over reading. With this tactic I also won the Carling cup after a penalty shoot-out win over Fulham all in my first season and only 4 new first team signings Which were:

Marian Kello-Hearts £700k
Rivaldo-Kaburskop £90k
Stephan Kelly-Fulham £1.6m
Michael Bostwick-Stevenage £900k
View attachment 248884View attachment 248885View attachment 248886View attachment 248887View attachment 248888
View attachment 248889

The players
The players that I used for this tactic are all above 3 star ability apart from when I have unavailable players. My best player of the first season was Billy sharp as he scored lots of goals as well as providing many assists. I only used him from December onwards because I bought him on in a match that we were winning comfortably in the 70th minute so I thought I should give him a chance as he had been working very hard in training. I bought him on and he scored 2 goals for me. Before Billy Sharp, I was playing Rickie Lambert in strike and he also had a good run of form however when he gets injured it takes him quite a while to get back to his best and by the time he did, Billy Sharp was in form so I didn't want to damage his morale. I should also mention Adam Lanana because you can always rely on him for goals and he also performs in the big occasions.

The tactic
I have chosen to set all of my defender's duty to defend because it creates a more solid defence and prevents the team getting hit on the counter attack while the full backs are stranded in the other half of the pitch. As for the attack I chose to make the AMC a trequartista as both Iago Falque and Rivaldo have good creativity. Rivaldo has very good technical ability which is one of the reasons why I bought him. I put billy sharp as a poacher however when playing with Rickie Lambert, I would suggest setting his role to Target man. Please give feedback good or bad.:)
View attachment 249168

Last edited:
Please provide more information about the tactic. I Will close the thread( so you dont get 2 pages Of people asking the same questions) now so send ME à pm when you have time to update the OP

cheers

If you go on to TheBetterHalf's profile, you will see some screen shots ofmy tactic that were taken on steam.

If you go on to TheBetterHalf's profile, you will see some screen shots ofmy tactic that were taken on steam.
You need to update the OP, just like I told you. Just put the screens here in your post, not on my wall. Remember to tell us in words about the tactic to.

Cheers

I have added some screenshots to the OP of my tactic

Last edited:
Sorry I just made this account a few days ago so I didn't know how to. This is my first ever post

Just describe the tactic in words. have a look in some of Raikans, mine or any other tactic thread for some layout suggestion. If you want to post screens, just use the Insert Image Icon to upload it from your comp.

Thanks. I hope the tactic goes well. Tell me if you have downloaded it and how your team is getting on. :)

I would be interested in trying this tactic on my everton save. Could do with knowing a bit more about the tactic such as opposition instructions, teamtalks etc