Reaction score
Alright guys,

Currently a couple of months in to my second season with southampton & am currently going through a rough patch! -.-, albeit 8th in the prem and in europa league! Any suggestions on where to improve in the team? I have Jonathan Silva coming in Jan.

View attachment 367417View attachment 367415

These are the formations I use ( 3rd one is a new one im currently working on)

View attachment 367414View attachment 367413View attachment 367411
(players are not my strongest team)

I signed Begovic in the summer and right now I regret the decision as he has been pretty poor for me and was expecting a lot better! Tempted to drop him for Boruc for a while see if it makes any difference!

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Your tactics look weird esp the third one with only the wingers (!) on attack!

Id also advise:

Tactic 1:

a. Turn the RIF into a winger on support. Give him instructions to stay wide and go further up field and shoot less. This way **** feed your two front players.
b. Have the fb behind him on auto.
c. You have too few people defending but its not that bad bearing in mind your formation. Id look to make the bwm who's on support duty into something else (cm?) and give him auto.

Tactic 2:

Ask yourself this question: with only one player on support and 4 on attack, if he has an off day or is marked effectively where will your chances start from?!

Players

Your squad looks quite decent so if you re struggling its DEFFO the tactics.

I think however you are quite light in quality cb back up. How much money do you have?!

I would recommend sticking to one tactic, it's easier for the players to learn and play with. I'd also recommend using the second tactic you have. Use Wanyama as a BWM on Defend, and Sergi Roberto as a DLP on Support. I always use Complete Wings Backs too for the RB and LB. Instructions I normally use are Retain Possession, Play out of Defence, Run at Defence, Look for overlap, Hassle Opponents, Much Higher Tempo.

In my Southampton save I use a tactic similar to your second, but with 3 AMCs. In my third season now and in the champions league group stages. Managed to buy Aguero after City missed out CL football :)

Your tactics look weird esp the third one with only the wingers (!) on attack!

Id also advise:

Tactic 1:

a. Turn the RIF into a winger on support. Give him instructions to stay wide and go further up field and shoot less. This way **** feed your two front players.
b. Have the fb behind him on auto.
c. You have too few people defending but its not that bad bearing in mind your formation. Id look to make the bwm who's on support duty into something else (cm?) and give him auto.

Tactic 2:

Ask yourself this question: with only one player on support and 4 on attack, if he has an off day or is marked effectively where will your chances start from?!

Players

Your squad looks quite decent so if you re struggling its DEFFO the tactics.

I think however you are quite light in quality cb back up. How much money do you have?!

Yeah my 3rd one was an experiment kinda thing which i have changed my mind on lol.

Cheers for the suggestion on tactics pal, the roles don't always stay the same as they are in the picture.

Roughly got 6 mill atm pal but should easily be able to get a fair bit more through transfers or asking the board lol, any suggestions on cb?